What Do you Read

I'm currently reading the somewhat-new The Last Days Of Krypton by Kevin J. Anderson. I'm only about a sixth of the way into it(it's 300-350 pages) into it but so far it's terrific. Really creates a definitive Krypton by combining the best elements of pretty much every single version. Jor-El is the(awesome) protagonist. "Comissioner" Zod is the villain, so far. Non has a counterpart too and even he's a great character.

Any fan of Superman should definitely pick this up.

I'm currently reading the somewhat-new The Last Days Of Krypton by Kevin J. Anderson. I'm only about a sixth of the way into it(it's 300-350 pages) into it but so far it's terrific. Really creates a definitive Krypton by combining the best elements of pretty much every single version. Jor-El is the(awesome) protagonist. "Comissioner" Zod is the villain, so far. Non has a counterpart too and even he's a great character.

Any fan of Superman should definitely pick this up.

I rented that from the library a while back and it broke my heart not having enough time (what with starting college and my new job) to read it. The eighty or so pages I did read were pretty great although the descriptions did tend to get just a bit tedious at times.

I'm about that in, and may also have to tragically postpone finishing it for another time, although luckily it's for something much more fun than college or work.... we're starting to watch the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. I may just read the rest of the book in an all day binge tomorrow, as a triumphant finale to my month-long Superman phase.

I read Black Bird by Michel Basilieres a few weeks back

absolutley brilliant magic-realist examination of the FLQ crisis

I highly reccomend it

Thats right I read a book, with no pictures, not one, go see for yourself I'll wait

For my birthday, I am going to request a $60 Amazon shopping spree so I can buy a crap load of book.

Any suggestions? I already plan on getting Dune, Malus Darkblade Chronicles I, and the first volume of Conan.

I read Look Me In The Eye, an autobiography about a man with Asperger's. I found it very illuminating. It also made me really want to read his brother's autobiography, Running With Scissors, that he mentioned a few times.

I'm currently reading The Omnivore's Dilemma, which outlines yet another way we are so ****ed when we run out of fossil fuels.

For my birthday, I am going to request a $60 Amazon shopping spree so I can buy a crap load of book.

Any suggestions? I already plan on getting Dune, Malus Darkblade Chronicles I, and the first volume of Conan.

AMERICAN GODS by Neil Gaiman, THE WHEELMAN by Duane Swierczynski, ANIMAL FARM or 1984 by George Orwell, ENDER'S GAME by Orson Scott Card, CROOKED LITTLE VEIN by Warren Ellis, BATTLE ROYALE by Koushun Takami, IT by Stephen King, HOLES by Louis Sachar... Kurt Vonnegut, Philip K. Dick, HG Wells, Jules Verne... endless possibilities.

AMERICAN GODS by Neil Gaiman, THE WHEELMAN by Duane Swierczynski, ANIMAL FARM or 1984 by George Orwell, ENDER'S GAME by Orson Scott Card, CROOKED LITTLE VEIN by Warren Ellis, BATTLE ROYALE by Koushun Takami, IT by Stephen King, HOLES by Louis Sachar... Kurt Vonnegut, Philip K. Dick, HG Wells, Jules Verne... endless possibilities.

Good Lord, with so many good books, there won't be enough room for my mandatory fantasy novels!

I just finished Michael Chabon's THE FINAL SOLUTION. Very quick and neat read and elderly Sherlock Holmes is awesome.

This year, I am trying to read a book a week. I will probably miss a few weeks and maybe make it up in other weeks, so I'll aim for about 50.

I just finished Michael Chabon's THE FINAL SOLUTION. Very quick and neat read and elderly Sherlock Holmes is awesome.

This year, I am trying to read a book a week. I will probably miss a few weeks and maybe make it up in other weeks, so I'll aim for about 50.

This seems awfully familiar...

Has anybody read the works of Kim Stanley Robinson? He's somewhat infrequently mentioned by environmental journalist Alex Steffen, and so now I'm curious about his books.

This seems awfully familiar...

Well I attempted to do it last year but got distracted but I'm only a week into this year and I've already read two books.

My second book was Stephen King's MISERY. I had seen most of the movie but never the ending and I believe the book's ending differs. Anyway, I enjoyed it as I do most of King's books and Annie Wilkes is terrifying.

My next book will be JUST AFTER SUNSET.

Here's a great site if you like books:
Goodreads

You can't purchase books there. But it's like the Facebook of books - it's sort of a social networking site, and it's got over 40 million books in its database. You can keep track of what you've read and what you'd like to read, recommend books to friends, form book clubs, answer book trivia, and collect your favorite quotes. It really is an awesome site and I would recommend it to anyone here, because it's got comic books in addition to, y'know, "regular" books.

I think I'm a member of that but I lost interest.

I read 1984 and An American Tragedy.

The first was fantastic, the second was terrible.

Last edited:
I just finished "Before They Are Hanged", the second book in "The First Law" trilogy by Joe Abercombie. It was good, can't wait for me to get my hands on the third novel...

After I finish "The Elric Saga Part I" and "The Name of the Wind".

Right now I'm finishing The Stand by Stephen King and then I'm going to read On The Road by Jack Kerouac and A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking.

I'm (still) reading The Great Beast (about Crowley), Myra Breckinridge/Myron by Gore Vidal, Against the Day by Pynchon and a biography on Cheney.

I'm (very slowly) reading Requiem for a Dream for Abnormal Psychology.

Latest posts

Back