What's the worst thing to happen to/in comics?

What's the worst to happen to/in comics?

• Xorn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xorn's Twin

• Red Hulk

• Spider-Man: The Other

• Judd Winnick

• Rob Liefeld

• Total voters
Jeph Loeb... and if you say anything other than him, you're a member of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor.

43xd2.gif

I don't disagree, but that, again, is a direct consequence of the Marvel bankruptcy I referenced earlier.

I don't think it's a consequence so much as it's symptomatic of that line of thinking. Marvel had been rapidly sinking because of endless crossovers and a policy of flash over substance. Heroes Reborn is just a capstone to that line of thinking, that the way to patch the ship is to sink all their major franchises into this sort of cheap ploy.

I don't think you can remove the whole 90's implosion from the equation, simply because it is the worst thing to happen to comics in the recentish past. If anything, serving as the low watermark of the nineties implosion makes it all the more meaningful a disaster.

Last edited:
18 votes for Jeph Loeb.

Excellent.

I don't think it's a consequence so much as it's symptomatic of that line of thinking. Marvel had been rapidly sinking because of endless crossovers and a policy of flash over substance. Heroes Reborn is just a capstone to that line of thinking, that the way to patch the ship is to sink all their major franchises into this sort of cheap ploy.

I don't think you can remove the whole 90's implosion from the equation, simply because it is the worst thing to happen to comics in the recentish past. If anything, serving as the low watermark of the nineties implosion makes it all the more meaningful a disaster.

I agree with you (almost) completely, I'm just saying that all of that crapiness that happened in the 90s including the train of thought you referenced was due to the Perelman disaster. He caused all of it, directly and indirectly. You can't really say Heroes Reborn or even the thinking behind it was the worst thing to happen without examining what caused it - policies put in place by Perelman.

I misspoke in that last post you quoted - I said the Marvel bankruptcy and I didn't mean the bankruptcy, I meant the event that ultimately caused the bankruptcy, which was Perelman's ownership and destruction.

the other worst thing was when my dad accidently threw out my comics collection as a kid along with all of my baseball cards one day. that sucked.

So i just found out that Jeph Loeb wrote Superman for a while. Did anyone read it? How was it?

I didn't, but I did read Hush and the Marvel "color stories" (Spider-Man: Blue, etc.). I didnt' think they were bad at all, even if the color stories were just retellings. So he's not completely terrible (or at least hasn't always been).

I didn't, but I did read Hush and the Marvel "color stories" (Spider-Man: Blue, etc.). I didnt' think they were bad at all, even if the color stories were just retellings. So he's not completely terrible (or at least hasn't always been).

Spider-Man Blue is one of my favourite tpbs ever!

Daredevil Yellow was pretty much the same story though...

I found it boring. Art was nice though.

But that's the worst thing you say about that story, at best it was good, but not great and at worst it was mediocre, most of Loeb's stuff before the death of his son wasn't offensively bad. Its kinda sad.

Latest posts

Back