Avengers Who do you think is the new Ronin?

Who do you think is the new Ronin?

• Total voters

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
New Avengers #27 has come out and we have our first appearance of the new Ronin. It's a bit early for accurate guesses so far, but who do you think is the new Ronin?

Re: Who do think is the new Ronin?

Steve Rogers. The "Yo" was him trying to cover his ***.

Other - I want it to be Nick Fury, but I hear he says Yo a lot and that kinda kills that idea. Still, I think most of the options up there are a little too neat. Comic writers like to set things up and then go "how couldn't you have seen that. Now that you know its so obvious?"

Other - I want it to be Nick Fury, but I hear he says Yo a lot and that kinda kills that idea. Still, I think most of the options up there are a little too neat. Comic writers like to set things up and then go "how couldn't you have seen that. Now that you know its so obvious?"

Damnit, I knew I were forgetting some options. I wanted Winter Soldier up there too. I guess they can both go under Other.

I don't want Steve Rogers to be Ronin. He makes the most sense, as Captain America is a criminal and Ronin is a new identity for him - plus, Bendis has admitted that the character who is Ronin has had a history of taking on costumes which fits with their mental tone... which fits with Captain America. However, I don't see him saying "yo"... and I hope it's not him.

Tony Stark would just be stupid. We know he has some fight training, but he's not a martial artist. Hopefully he'll just stick to being Director of SHIELD, and/or Iron Man.

Matt Murdock would actually fit... if Daredevil was still a criminal and Matt needed a new identity.

Clint Barton is off somewhere in Europe with Wanda. I'm hoping he'll stay there for a while, and I don't see a reason for him to be Ronin.

As for Nick Fury and Winter Soldier - Brubaker's obviously setting something up in Captain America, so I hope they both stay there. I don't want Fury becoming Ronin and I don't want Bucky becoming Cap.

I'm not sure who I want it to be... but I think it's going to be Steve, and knowing Marvel's logic, it will be Steve. So I vote Steve.

When daredevil was first like I've got a friend...i thought it was gonna be elektra, cuz she seems to have similar fighting style....Though I found out Echo has been in daredevil for a while too...was her first appearance in bendis' run?..I think she seemed to be far too much like taskmaster but not as cool...especially in Agent X and his limited series..he looks so much better in those than in thunderbolts/ moon knight...where his character is also a ****.

anyway back on topic, umm...probably spiderboy or spider something...or someone bendis just made up. Is there anything to suggest this is someone who's been in new avengers before?

I voted Hawkeye because Steve Rogers just doesn't make sense.

Of course, we're all assuming Bendis even knows who it is right now.

Which is quite a leap.

I bet it's going to be Howard the Duck.

Edit: But it's also totally possible that he's Zombie Wolverine..... You can't have too much Wolverine.

Last edited:

I don't want Ronin to be anyone. I want for him to not exist...I really don't see why it's necissary for them to try and rope me into buying new issues of New Avengers by dangling this dumb plotline infront of me.

However, he'll probably be Steve Rogers. Which sucks, by the way.

Bendis has admitted that the character who is Ronin has had a history of taking on costumes which fits with their mental tone...

Clint Barton also fits that description. I think Rogers and Barton are clearly the front-runners here.

When daredevil was first like I've got a friend...i thought it was gonna be elektra, cuz she seems to have similar fighting style....Though I found out Echo has been in daredevil for a while too...was her first appearance in bendis' run?..I think she seemed to be far too much like taskmaster but not as cool...especially in Agent X and his limited series..he looks so much better in those than in thunderbolts/ moon knight...where his character is also a ****.

anyway back on topic, umm...probably spiderboy or spider something...or someone bendis just made up. Is there anything to suggest this is someone who's been in new avengers before?

David Mack actually. Of course he and Bendis are good friends.

I think it's..

Beta Ray Bill

...YES!

Maybe The New Ronin is a New Character all together

I hope not. Then there is no point to hype up the character. Another useless ploy by Bendis.

How could this not be a stupid ploy by Bendis? I'd prefer an orriginal character to it being someone like Steve Roggers.

How could this not be a stupid ploy by Bendis? I'd prefer an orriginal character to it being someone like Steve Roggers.

well, the one fact would be that it is someone who wears costumes based on mood. That's why i think it would be a stupid ploy by bendis. What's the point?

I'm guessing Winter Soldier. I'm thinking he's doing it as a favor to Steve.

Latest posts

Back