Who's behind the Clone Saga?

Whose behind the Clone Saga?

• Total voters
Robo-parents were before the Clone Saga. It was a post-mortem attempt by Harry Osborn to screw with Peter's head.

The robo-parents, along with the 'Shrieking' storyline, were lead-ins to the Clone Saga basically designed to ensure that by the time he met Ben Reilly, Peter was depressed and thisclose to being clinically insane. Ultimate Peter was kind of screwed up before the Saga, but he wasn't in as bad a place as 616 Peter was, so his clone saga is double the mind****, double the fun, what with all the MJ-goblin-izing and getting arrested by SHIELD.

I wouldn't say Ultimate Clone Saga is nearly as "OMG MY LIFE SUCKS NOW!" as the 616 Clone Saga was. 616 Peter "discovered" he was a clone. Ultimate Peter's discovered everyone around him is absolutely nuts. The first sounds a bit more traumatizing to me. ;P

Well, Ultimate Peter has discovered that his dad was alive for years--yes, under the CIA and not allowed to see him, but Richard was planning to ditch Peter anyway. His aunt hates him. He's completely lost his civilian identity, since he's currently under arrest by SHIELD. Gwen is alive, but unfortunately she's a monster and will probably never get out of SHIELD custody. God knows how many clones are running around, probably insane and possibly committing acts of violence. All he knows now is that MJ is missing, but eventually he'll find out that the same thing happened to her as what happened to Gwen. He just got the crap beaten out of him by SHIELD, combined with the minor butt-whooping by Spider-Woman. It looks like it's around midnight, the only 'sleep' he's gotten is the time spent unconscious under rubble, and I seriously doubt he's going to be able to take a nap anytime soon. He's having problems with Kitty and I don't know that Miss "I don't want to deal with violent psychos in my everyday life" is going to appreciate the clones.
Spider-Woman rescues him, but he's got no costume, no web-shooters, and is still being chased by huge robots.

And all this has so far taken place in around twelve hours.

Well, Ultimate Peter has discovered that his dad was alive for years--yes, under the CIA and not allowed to see him, but Richard was planning to ditch Peter anyway. His aunt hates him. He's completely lost his civilian identity, since he's currently under arrest by SHIELD. Gwen is alive, but unfortunately she's a monster and will probably never get out of SHIELD custody. God knows how many clones are running around, probably insane and possibly committing acts of violence. All he knows now is that MJ is missing, but eventually he'll find out that the same thing happened to her as what happened to Gwen. He just got the crap beaten out of him by SHIELD, combined with the minor butt-whooping by Spider-Woman. It looks like it's around midnight, the only 'sleep' he's gotten is the time spent unconscious under rubble, and I seriously doubt he's going to be able to take a nap anytime soon. He's having problems with Kitty and I don't know that Miss "I don't want to deal with violent psychos in my everyday life" is going to appreciate the clones.
Spider-Woman rescues him, but he's got no costume, no web-shooters, and is still being chased by huge robots.

And all this has so far taken place in around twelve hours.

Have you read issue 102 already? or is the spoilers just from the preview?

Last edited:
Just the spoilers. 101 has not totally crushed my capacity for hope, so I'm looking forwards to it! Two more days...
The solicit for 105 is one of the only reasons I am holding on to hope. A healed happy MJ and a seemingly dumped Kitty.
Seriously though, that preview caught my eye, finally some answers on the clones!

Well, it seems like
the clones are created by the CIA.

Fully equipped genetics laboratory capable of human cloning: Several bilion dollars.

Bulletproof green suit complete with acid shooters and mechanical biograft tail: A few hundred thousand dollars.

Years of therapy for everyone who has looked at Kaine: Another few hundred thousand.

Sending the bill to the taxpayers: PRICELESS.

Well, it seems like
the clones are created by the CIA.

Fully equipped genetics laboratory capable of human cloning: Several bilion dollars.

Bulletproof green suit complete with acid shooters and mechanical biograft tail: A few hundred thousand dollars.

Years of therapy for everyone who has looked at Kaine: Another few hundred thousand.

Sending the bill to the taxpayers: PRICELESS.

LoL....try the couple of million for therapy FOR Kaine, and the Tarantula, and however many other animal themed clones there are out there. I'd be willing to bet serious bucks that we are going to be sickened when we see the zoo...if the sicko who made Scorpion did other stuff...

LoL....try the couple of million for therapy FOR Kaine, and the Tarantula, and however many other animal themed clones there are out there. I'd be willing to bet serious bucks that we are going to be sickened when we see the zoo...if the sicko who made Scorpion did other stuff...

What I'm kind of wondering is who broke out first. From Gwen's memories, it seemed like she was lying down under the striped covers and the dead scientist landed on her knees, then she went on a symbiotic killing spree. So did the other clones have a jailbreak first? Did one of them maybe kill someone?

Also, Kaine is so much more screwed up than the others, you have to kind of wonder if that was done to him on purpose. 'Cause if so... um... wow.
Maybe Doc Ock did it 'cause Kaine's most similar to Peter. You know, if Ock really did have something to do with the clones.

What I'm kind of wondering is who broke out first. From Gwen's memories, it seemed like she was lying down under the striped covers and the dead scientist landed on her knees, then she went on a symbiotic killing spree. So did the other clones have a jailbreak first? Did one of them maybe kill someone?

Also, Kaine is so much more screwed up than the others, you have to kind of wonder if that was done to him on purpose. 'Cause if so... um... wow.
Maybe Doc Ock did it 'cause Kaine's most similar to Peter. You know, if Ock really did have something to do with the clones.
I really have no idea, and the waiting is sucking.
For some reason I never thought Gwen and clones were connected ( though it stands to reason ) maybe her body with Carnage were some sort of study for something with the clones.
Well, I'd bet that Spider-woman, Tarantula and Kaine must have gone rogue together. I think that Spider-woman and Tarantula are connected because Peter told Spider-woman that MJ was missing, and then Tarantula went hunting for Kaine. It stands to reason that he was told MJ was missing, than figured out what Kaine was up to. The two clones ( K and T ) seemed to know each other.
I wonder if Kaine looks like that as a result of an experiment to enhance his powers? It seems weird a clone would form perfectly on one side and not the other. Also, 616 Kaine's schtick was his disfiguredness along his uber powers.
I wonder when the shape-shifter insane clone ( Spider-cide ) will show up> Or is that Scorpion? :roll: He is clearly nuttier than squirrel poop.

I really have no idea, and the waiting is sucking.
For some reason I never thought Gwen and clones were connected ( though it stands to reason ) maybe her body with Carnage were some sort of study for something with the clones.
Well, I'd bet that Spider-woman, Tarantula and Kaine must have gone rogue together. I think that Spider-woman and Tarantula are connected because Peter told Spider-woman that MJ was missing, and then Tarantula went hunting for Kaine. It stands to reason that he was told MJ was missing, than figured out what Kaine was up to. The two clones ( K and T ) seemed to know each other.
I wonder if Kaine looks like that as a result of an experiment to enhance his powers? It seems weird a clone would form perfectly on one side and not the other. Also, 616 Kaine's schtick was his disfiguredness along his uber powers.
I wonder when the shape-shifter insane clone ( Spider-cide ) will show up> Or is that Scorpion? :roll: He is clearly nuttier than squirrel poop.

I always thought that Gwen and the clones were connected--why else would they both show up at the same time? Whoops, I forgot--because God hates Peter. :wink:

I totally agree that Spider-Woman, Tarantula and Kaine are or were working together. I think they all collaborated on the jailbreak, and Scorpion was like "sweet, big hole in the wall" and ran out. The other three seemed to be specifically trying to not encounter Peter.

I could definitely see the three of them breaking out together, then Kaine either leaving the other two or the three of them parting by mutual agreement. Then, Kaine goes and kidnaps MJ, Spider-Woman hears about it and goes to tell Tarantula, Tarantula gets ticked off and goes to talk Kaine out of it. Those two definitely knew each other. Also, did you hear what T was saying about "This isn't why we were created"? What's up with that?

If you notice, Kaine's hands were less screwed up than his face, but they were both damaged. That leads me to believe that it wasn't a broken clone-o-mat that screwed him up, it was an experiment, torture or an accident (like Scorpion shot acid on him or something). 616 Kaine was degenerating because he was an imperfect clone with better powers and his degeneration increased over time and happened evenly over his entire body.

I really hope Spider-cide doesn't show up. I've never really read the original clone saga, but from what I've read online, he was totally unnecessary and sucked at life.

I always thought that Gwen and the clones were connected--why else would they both show up at the same time? Whoops, I forgot--because God hates Peter. :wink:

I totally agree that Spider-Woman, Tarantula and Kaine are or were working together. I think they all collaborated on the jailbreak, and Scorpion was like "sweet, big hole in the wall" and ran out. The other three seemed to be specifically trying to not encounter Peter.
Seems very plausible. I do think it's hilarious how Spider-woman knew how to get at Peter. He went bananas when she made that jab at him. Definately want to see her, and T stick around, though T may be dead, judging from last issue.
I could definitely see the three of them breaking out together, then Kaine either leaving the other two or the three of them parting by mutual agreement. Then, Kaine goes and kidnaps MJ, Spider-Woman hears about it and goes to tell Tarantula, Tarantula gets ticked off and goes to talk Kaine out of it. Those two definitely knew each other. Also, did you hear what T was saying about "This isn't why we were created"? What's up with that?
I'd be willing to guess that as soon as S-W and T found out about MJ they knew what was up with her. I'd guess that they were working together as a team, then Kaine disappeared, and they figured out that he went after MJ.
[
If you notice, Kaine's hands were less screwed up than his face, but they were both damaged. That leads me to believe that it wasn't a broken clone-o-mat that screwed him up, it was an experiment, torture or an accident (like Scorpion shot acid on him or something). 616 Kaine was degenerating because he was an imperfect clone with better powers and his degeneration increased over time and happened evenly over his entire body.
Actually come to think of it, Kaine's wounds look like burns, like acid would do to you. aka Scorpion's acid. Maybe the clone-rs had Scorpion type clones standing guard, and Kaine ran afoul of them.
Or he's an experiment like S-W and T, who clearly were cases of, "hey I wonder what happens if we mess with this chromosome."
This whole mess kinda makes me sick, that some human being would create sentient living beings and treat them like lab rats. Clones or not, they are people, with just as much right to live as us.
I really hope Spider-cide doesn't show up. I've never really read the original clone saga, but from what I've read online, he was totally unnecessary and sucked at life.
I read a bit thanks to my "40 years o' ASM on DVD " and he appears like another Peter clone, trying to convince MJ that he is the original ( she knows better ) before going nuts and turning into a shape-shifter.

Symbiotes reconstruct or copy DNA.

We still haven't formally seen an actual symbiote in the 616 sense..what we have are "rejuvenating organisms" ( like Carnage ) and "the suit" together would they be a clone? ( the organism can heal the damage the suit does to it, while the suit can provide the organism what it needs to survive. ( Eliminating the need to feed )
Where are you getting this info on the symbiotes? I am just curious. :D

They don't? Why did the Carnage sample mixed with Peter's blood create a Parker-like being. And why is Gwen, a victim of Carnage, back now? I thought that's what they did.

I dont think thats been established yet. Its what I assume will be the explanation, its just not canon yet.

Latest posts

Back