Wildstorm universe?

Dr.Strangefate said:
I'm sure he will... As of now, he's just sitting in a giant test-tube in Jack Lynch's I.O. Headquarters...

And its not often you get to work with Alan Moore-created villains.
Tao: I was floating there, watching CNN and then the most marvelous thing happened. The universe rebuilt itself and my glorious tounge returned. Who wants to talk?

Victor Von Doom said:
So sell me on Wildstorm. Why should I care about it's relaunch?
Have you read the Authority? Cuz' if you haven't then I suggest you get it RIGHT NOW. The Authority by itself will sell you on Wildstorm.

Victor Von Doom said:
So sell me on Wildstorm. Why should I care about it's relaunch?

You won't care. You haven't read the material before, which ****ing rocks.

And it's got some good creators helming the relaunch.

moonmaster said:
Have you read the Authority? Cuz' if you haven't then I suggest you get it RIGHT NOW. The Authority by itself will sell you on Wildstorm.

And Planetary. The Authority and Planetary are two of the best books ever created.

Yeah.....just wiki'd "Planetary" and "Authority". Not interested. Oh well......more money for crap.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
Yeah.....just wiki'd "Planetary" and "Authority". Not interested. Oh well......more money for crap.

Two of the best books ever created.

You sir really really have no taste.

thee great one said:

Two of the best books ever created.

You sir really really have no taste.

It's not that I don't have taste....it's just that the premises don't interest me right now. More than likely my curiosity will get the better of me and I'll check 'em out.

I mean the idea of the last man on Earth traveling the world searching for his girlfriend had no appeal to me either. But I finally read the first volume and I love it. So I'm eatin' humble pie right now.

The idea of a former hero who can talk to machines running the city as mayor didn't pique my interest either. But I got the first trade and am waiting for it to get here so I can check it.

So who knows....

You go to every teenage comedy and you won't try two of the best comics ever written?

You disgust me.

ProjectX2 said:
You go to every teenage comedy and you won't try two of the best comics ever written?

You disgust me.

It's a lotta work and money to get caught up. It's taking a while but I'm getting there.

Planetary is so good. I had no interest either until I saw the first TPB in the bookstore, just out of the blue. So I picked it up. It's one of my favorite books ever.

E said:
Planetary is so good. I had no interest either until I saw the first TPB in the bookstore, just out of the blue. So I picked it up. It's one of my favorite books ever.

See....and its stuff like that that makes me wanna read stuff like that. Unfortunately, the book store here has nothing in way of "good" trades. The closest one is an hour away. The LCS is more D&D than comics.....so the only trades he has is old Spiderman stories and a few Black Panther trades. :roll:

I have no desire to buy a book that I might not like. So I read them in the stores. Lack of resources here.....

So everyone says its great. That means I'll give it a shot..........when I can find it.

Victor Von Doom said:
See....and its stuff like that that makes me wanna read stuff like that. Unfortunately, the book store here has nothing in way of "good" trades. The closest one is an hour away. The LCS is more D&D than comics.....so the only trades he has is old Spiderman stories and a few Black Panther trades. :roll:
Dude, if those are the two Priest Black Panther trades pick them up. They're friggin spectacular. If they're not... Don't. Don't even touch them.

Victor Von Doom said:

Dude...Amazon.

Planetary Vol. 1: All Over the World and Other Stories
List Price: $14.95
Price: $9.72 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $5.23 (35%)

Planetary Vol. 2: The Fourth Man
List Price: $14.99
Price: $9.74 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $5.25 (35%)

Planetary Vol. 3: Leaving the 20th Century
List Price: $14.99
Price: $9.74 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $5.25 (35%)

35% off cover price, and if you order all 3 you get free shipping.

Can't beat that.

Plus, if you don't like them, well, you're just a fool.

VVD's refusal to read Authority and Planetary is just shameful.

And I thought he was cool.:(

Ice said:
No you can't.

*Note to self: Order all 3 together*

Let me know what you think of it when you do.

ETA: There is another volume I didn't link to that features crossovers with some other books. Good stuff and definitely recommended, but not essential to the main story.

The only crossover story I liked was Planetary/Batman. I have all three on a CD, so I'm not buying the trade.

I ordered Wildcats Vol. 3: Serial Boxes and Vol. 4: Battery Park about a week ago. My comic shop sent me Wildcats: Homecoming and Vol. 4.

I need Vol. 3 to understand the story completely. Damn him.

I read them both though. Homecoming was alright, but not as good as the other Wildcats volumes (take that Alan Moore!), though I did get to see TAO, which was cool.

Battery Park was fun. I just need to read Serial Boxes so I understand most of it, and then I'll get Wildcats Version 3.0.

I got the first volume of Authority: Revolution today. Comments once I read it.

And I'm writing my first new review for my school's paper (in advance) on the Authority. If VVD reads my review and still isn't interested, he's going to feel the full wrath of my Baby Nexus powers.

Latest posts

Back