Wizard announces Jeph Loeb and Joe Madureira on Ultimates 3

  • Help support The Comic Board :

Fuzzy Birds

Well-Known Member
As reported by Wizarduniverse.com, Jeph Loeb and Joe Madureira will be taking over on Ultimates Volume 3, taking the helm after Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch.


JEPH LOEB MOVES TO MARVEL
The DC writer heads to the House of Ideas to do Ultimates with Joe Madureira! PLUS: Exclusive first look at Joe Mad’s new art!



Newsarama goes further into this, as they post an article about the news.

As Newsarama reported from Chicago, the rumor of Loeb and Madureira following in the footsteps of Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch was popping up on the floor throughout the weekend, though at the time, E-i-C Joe Quesada wouldn’t confirm a thing, only saying “”The Ultimates Vol. III and the announcement of the new creative team that will prove to be the biggest and most unexpected announcement in years.”

Which, arguably, is true. While the style and scope of Ultimates is something that Loeb has proved himself up to the challenge of tackling time and again, Madureira on pencils will represent a dramatic stylistic shift in artistic style for the series, far and away from the realistic (and occasionally Hollywood-inspired) pencils of Bryan Hitch.

During the series’ first run, and even into the early part of its second, conversation about creators taking the book after Millar and Hitch often ran towards seeing the book end when the creators left, rather than continuing, given the acclaimed work the two had done with the characters. Even Marvel, when the question was raised, often left the answer up in the air, though Millar, speaking to Newsarama last week said that Ultimates ending when he and Hitch left would be the worst scenario the two creators could imagine.



Read more by clicking at the link above.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Fuzzy Birds

Well-Known Member
Guijllons said:
Joe Madureira's style isn't something I would like to see for the Ultimates.
How can you say that without knowing what the style for Ultimates 3 actually is? Knowing that trying to replace Millar and Hitch with somebody similar would likely result in a poor imitation of their work, Marvel has chosen to go in a completely different tone and style for the series. Which I personally think is a wiser choice.

Anyway, it's officially confirmed now, so I guess we'll all just have to sit back and accept it.
 

a fan

Well-Known Member
Fine the only thing I don't want to see happen is that the ultimates team does not get changed in any way, they can break away from the goverment but I don't want to see someone replacing thor or iron man not on the team someone can join them but I want to see eveyone on the team as they are right now Every member that is or was on the team in the first two volumes should be there for the third and anyone else that wants to come aboard just think of it this way: does someone else wear a daredevil mask other then Matt Murdock? GOD NO it would not be right Then they should not replace ultimates team members with new ones unless the people are willing to join the current roster then it will be a bigger *** kicking squad. No other changes
 
Last edited:

Fuzzy Birds

Well-Known Member
a fan said:
Fine the only thing I don't want to see happen is that the ultimates team does not get changed in any way, they can break away from the goverment but I don't want to see someone replacing thor or iron man not on the team someone can join them but I want to see eveyone on the team as they are right now Every member that is or was on the team in the first two volumes should be there for the third and anyone else that wants to come aboard just think of it this way: does someone else wear a daredevil mask other then Matt Murdock? GOD NO it would not be right Then they should not replace ultimates team members with new ones unless the people are willing to join the current roster then it will be a bigger *** kicking squad. No other changes
I think you're gonna be dissapointed matey. Millar himself has stated that along with a new creative team, we will see a new team of Ultimates in volume 3.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Nur kinda called it based on the news yesterday...I'm looking forward to it if for nothing more than to see the change in art/writing styles.
 

Patriot Mk2

The poster formerly known as Johnny Bravo
Looks like their story is going to be finishing soon anyway :twisted:

Excellent news IMO, solid team.Bass is gonna cry though :lol:
 

GMaster

Banned
This will be so cool. I love Mad's art. And Loeb is a brilliant writer. I don't care if it doesnt fit in with the "style" of The Ultimates, as these two will bring something completely new and different to the Ultimate Universe, and it will be better than having the same creative team again, and again, or a team that was picked to work exactly the same "style" as Millar and Hitch. Having that would be horrible. These two have done such a great job on The Ultimates that anything trying to copy them would look rubbish, and lower the grade of the series. The only thing Marvel could do is bring a completely different "style" to The Ultimates, and give it a new flavour.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
DIrishB said:
Nur kinda called it based on the news yesterday...I'm looking forward to it if for nothing more than to see the change in art/writing styles.
Anyone who read it called it. Other joked about it, but those who read that called it. So no trying to give Nur solo credit or anything. :wink:
 

Fuzzy Birds

Well-Known Member
GMaster said:
This will be so cool. I love Mad's art. And Loeb is a brilliant writer. I don't care if it doesnt fit in with the "style" of The Ultimates, as these two will bring something completely new and different to the Ultimate Universe, and it will be better than having the same creative team again, and again, or a team that was picked to work exactly the same "style" as Millar and Hitch. Having that would be horrible. These two have done such a great job on The Ultimates that anything trying to copy them would look rubbish, and lower the grade of the series. The only thing Marvel could do is bring a completely different "style" to The Ultimates, and give it a new flavour.
Hear hear!! Exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't be bothered to.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
icemastertron said:
Anyone who read it called it. Other joked about it, but those who read that called it. So no trying to give Nur solo credit or anything. :wink:
Thats why I said "kinda"...far as I'm concerned he let me in on the info, not saying he accurately predicted it a la Miss Cleo or something, but he pretty much pointed out it was all but confirmed.
 

a fan

Well-Known Member
I know that millar said that their would be a new creative team on ultimates vol 3 but I don't remember him ever saying that their would be a brand new team of ultimates? where did he say that? can some one give me the link to where he said that thanks
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
DIrishB said:
Thats why I said "kinda"...far as I'm concerned he let me in on the info, not saying he accurately predicted it a la Miss Cleo or something, but he pretty much pointed out it was all but confirmed.
It's ok, I was only half-joking. :D
 

Patriot Mk2

The poster formerly known as Johnny Bravo
nigma said:
for those that want see what Joe Madureira art work looks like you can cheeck out some of his work on the link below, enjoy. and tell me if im alone. in thinking that marvel is trying to target certian people.

http://www.paintedanvil.com/madureira.html
That website sure is!Mad isn't just a cheesecake artist, he's great.And the stuff would look amazing coloured by Isanove.
 

Guijllons

Well-Known Member
Fuzzy Birds said:
How can you say that without knowing what the style for Ultimates 3 actually is? Knowing that trying to replace Millar and Hitch with somebody similar would likely result in a poor imitation of their work, Marvel has chosen to go in a completely different tone and style for the series. Which I personally think is a wiser choice.

Anyway, it's officially confirmed now, so I guess we'll all just have to sit back and accept it.
I'm not keen on his artwork is why. It wasn't meant as means of a recommendation to the hirers and firers. I wouldn't have liked to see him on any of the Ultimate books.

Maybe a minor X-men mini for the regular marvel universe.

But, we got it now.

Loeb huh, I don't know him, hope he's good.
 
Top