Wizard announces Jeph Loeb and Joe Madureira on Ultimates 3

Guijllons said:
And the stupid bodies. And the stupid faces.

I think it's a poor choice.
The reason you tihnk its a poor choice is because you are comparing his artwork to Hitch's. Don't think that way. Hitch is gone, and a replacement artist that had the same style as him would ruin the book. The only way forward is to skitch direction completely, and have a different art style, and Joe Mad has exactly that.

Guijllons said:
I think I'd prefer Liefeld.

It just feels like fight comic artwork, it's just gonna be the avengers.

Oh God! Its almost as though the Ultimates isn't an Ultimate version of the Avengers! *faints*

Nurhachi said:
Aw no, this isn't Ultimates art! :( Im not saying he's bad but this isnt a good choice for the artist on Ultimates

Again, it obviously is Ultimates art, thats why hes signe don to do it. And youre comparing him with Hitch. Thats like comparing Death Metal to Beethoven.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
Speaking of which, are all Liefeld's interpretations of characters supposed to be possessed or something? I only ask because he rarely seems to draw pupils in his characters' eyes.
nah, he just figures its better than having them all cod-eyed.

Joe Mad:

"There are definately going to be some slight -- and some not-so-slight -- visual changes to the characters. I want to take the characters a little closer to their 'traditional' costumes, and make them look more like comic book superheroes and less like film superheroes. That said, this book is huge for Marvel, so I'm sure they aren't going to want me monkying around with it too much!"

Jeph Loeb:

"Probably a little less political satire --Mark does that better than anyone -- and a little more superhero action, which I think folks expect of me."

More in tomorrow's issue of Wizard.

So. . .they're going to start turning the Ultimate Universe into 616. Do they just not grasp the whole ULTIMATE idea?! I could careless if this turns into Ultimate Avengers (Actually, I'm looking foward to it after much thought. It'll be a nice change of pace), BUT THE DAMN ORIGINAL COSTUMES!? Why!!!!! :evil:

Guijllons said:
Anyway, what's Loeb like?

Bit of a love him or hate him, few in between. Either excellent or crap, and most people can't even decide agree on quality between each story.Can be gold though, and frequently is.

Lynx said:
Joe Mad:

"There are definately going to be some slight -- and some not-so-slight -- visual changes to the characters. I want to take the characters a little closer to their 'traditional' costumes, and make them look more like comic book superheroes and less like film superheroes. That said, this book is huge for Marvel, so I'm sure they aren't going to want me monkying around with it too much!"

Jeph Loeb:

"Probably a little less political satire --Mark does that better than anyone -- and a little more superhero action, which I think folks expect of me."

So. . .they're going to start turning the Ultimate Universe into 616. Do they just not grasp the whole ULTIMATE idea?! I could careless if this turns into Ultimate Avengers (Actually, I'm looking foward to it after much thought. It'll be a nice change of pace), BUT THE DAMN ORIGINAL COSTUMES!? Why!!!!! :evil:

You know, before reading that I was strangely optimistic about this team's prospects, but now...we're all doomed.

Lynx said:
Joe Mad:

Jeph Loeb:

Man, the Ultimates is my favourite book. And this is turning out to be the kind of book that I choose not to read.

well at least cap is going to be in it now all I have to do is hope that iron man, thor, hawkeye, black widow, scarlet witch, quicksilver, giant man (hank pym), wasp and hulk are in it or at least play important roles. Would love to see vision added to the mix though maybe hank could hang up the giant man suit and hand the reins of giant man over to some one else and become another one of his personas yellowjacket, ant man perhaps?

Johnny Bravo said:
Everyone say hi to Cap's wings....

If he gives him wings, I will find Joe and staple wings on HIS head and see how he likes it. Now, the current 616 Iron Man isn't bad. My problem?

THOR. For the love of GOD, could you imagine 616 Thor in the Ultimate Universe?! After the MASSIVE improvement of Ultimate Thor!? God help us all. . . :cry:

a fan said:
well at least cap is going to be in it now all I have to do is hope that iron man, thor, hawkeye, black widow, scarlet witch, quicksilver, giant man (hank pym), wasp and hulk are in it or at least play important roles.

Have you been reading our posts? Its going to be a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM, meaning probably no former Ultimates members outside of Fury, and if so it'll only be a couple.

Would love to see vision added to the mix though maybe hank could hang up the giant man suit and hand the reins of giant man over to some one else and become another one of his personas yellowjacket, ant man perhaps?

Well, Pym already hung up the Giant Man persona. And he's been working on the Ant-Man costume, so I'd assume thats the likely direction.

Maybe people shouldn't freak out so much and wait until we see something for this, to than freak out like crazy if there is something to freak out about than.

Lynx said:
If he gives him wings, I will find Joe and staple wings on HIS head and see how he likes it. Now, the current 616 Iron Man isn't bad. My problem?

THOR. For the love of GOD, could you imagine 616 Thor in the Ultimate Universe?! After the MASSIVE improvement of Ultimate Thor!? God help us all. . . :cry:
Oh my, he is isn't he. He's going to say that Thor is a God after all. He's going to put quicksilver in green spandex, he's going to make Fury white!

Latest posts

Back