Wizard announces Jeph Loeb and Joe Madureira on Ultimates 3

Goodwill said:
Yes, but why would they be drawn in the first place?
Concept art. She survives Ultimates vol. 2, but it says nothing about the exact nature of her survival.

Ok. I'll give you that. ;-)

I may actually be picking this up, guys. I know that Loeb and Mad will be more reliable and better at telling progressive stories.

Goodwill said:
I may actually be picking this up, guys. I know that Loeb and Mad will be more reliable and better at telling progressive stories.
"Progressive stories"? What do you mean? I'm not sure I understand.

If you mean they'll maintain a better release schedule then I suppose that is a plus.

ourchair said:
If you mean they'll maintain a better release schedule then I suppose that is a plus.

Didn't Joe Mad have deadline issues way back when? I thought I remember reading that.

UltimateE said:
Didn't Joe Mad have deadline issues way back when? I thought I remember reading that.
Exactly.

I was going to bring it up, but I couldn't recall if Mad or Vol. 1 Hitch was worse, though I recall Battle Chasers set a nasty record.

Battle Chasers released 9 issues over five years and Mad only did half of each of the last three issues.

End of discussion.

Last edited:
Bass said:
Battle Chasers released 9 issues over five years and Mad only did half of each of the last three issues.

End of discussion.
And this project was supposed to be his 'baby', the work he truly CARED for and felt a passion for. Imagine what his work-for-hire performance would be with Marvel's current inability to make its talent stick to deadlines. I'm looking at you, Kevin Smith.

ourchair said:
"Progressive stories"? What do you mean? I'm not sure I understand.

What I'm saying is I think that Millar farts around too much in the Ultimates right now. I want more action and more involvement in the world. I would perfer that over this character bickering junk, really.

Goodwill said:
What I'm saying is I think that Millar farts around too much in the Ultimates right now. I want more action and more involvement in the world. I would perfer that over this character bickering junk, really.
Yeah, more pointless fighting instead. Wins over character building and plot progression any day.

Which is convenient.

Not saying that in the least bit. I'm just saying Millar let's that stuff go too much in his titles. Vaughan does it fine while developing the story smoothly--well, usually. That's what I'm expecting the Ultiamtes 3 to be like.

I agree with GW....partly. I don't think Millar "farts around". But we had 25 issues of Millar's style for the series, plus the Annual. I think it'll be good with Loeb's take on them.

There are still many better choices that Loeb. The Ultimates is the flagship of the UU and Loeb is going to produce a very traditional book which effect the whole UU.
Writers should be looking to the Ultimates as something that sets a tone, and mark my words, they'll be no post-modernism in the macho posturing, it'll be dead earnest.

Glee.

Guijllons said:
There are still many better choices that Loeb. The Ultimates is the flagship of the UU and Loeb is going to produce a very traditional book which effect the whole UU.

Writers should be looking to the Ultimates as something that sets a tone, and mark my words, they'll be no post-modernism in the macho posturing, it'll be dead earnest.

Glee.
I am pretty much convinced that the Ultimate Universe will be screwed in three years.

Guijllons said:

Glee.

It seems to me the Ultimates title is not the flagship since, after all of these issues, arcs, and volumes, the stories have been fairly contained.

Why would that not make it the flagship series?

The range is the Ultimates range, the Ultimates is certainly going to be the book that should complete the range, tie everything together. If it's a weak link then everything falls apart.

Goodwill said:
It seems to me the Ultimates title is not the flagship since, after all of these issues, arcs, and volumes, the stories have been fairly contained.

Yeah, Goody, I'm totally not following you here. What does A have to do with B?

Latest posts

Back