Wizard reveals new Ultimates 3 information, sketches

Thor's hammer looks... like the old one. Perhaps the one he's been using so far IS mechanical and Odin sends down the true Mjolnir??

Iron Man looks awful. He doesn't look anything like the Ultimate costume... Granted, that could be IM 6 or something, but I hope not.

And what happened to Cap's chinstrap?

I really dont think that either McGuinness, Joe Mad, or Loeb are suited to the Ultimates line. They are all decent enough, but should concentrate on traditional superheroics, not political super-thrillers.

Cap is about the most awful looking design I've ever seen. He looks like he's being sketched for a late 80's Saturday morning cartoon. I could totally see every issue ending with a segment where he tells me to not play with live wires and wear my helmet when I ride my bike.

Yuck.

Dude, you guys suck. I posted this like a month ago, in The Ultimates 4 thread, I think.

ProjectX2 said:
Dude, you guys suck. I posted this like a month ago, in The Ultimates 4 thread, I think.

BINGO!!!

All these preliminary sketches are for Ultimates 4...not Ultimates 3. So technically all posts from The Watcher on down don't actually belong in this thread.

I'm just sayin'........

Yep, and instead of me deleting them, just take the topic to that thread.

I'm actually looking forward to Ultimates 4 more than 3, mainly because McGuiness' art compliments Loeb's writing very well.

Ultimate MJ said:
I really dont think that either McGuinness, Joe Mad, or Loeb are suited to the Ultimates line. They are all decent enough, but should concentrate on traditional superheroics, not political super-thrillers.

They won't be writing it as a political super thriller. Just a run of the mill superhero book.

Victor Von Doom said:
Which I'm cool with.....

Me too. Don't get me wrong, I love the political stuff, but because Millar does it so well. If Loeb doesn't write those stories well, I'd prefer he didn't and wrote them in his own style.

That said, I don't think there's any way to NOT have the political element in there somehow. Even if they leave SHIELD there would still be fallout from that.

I'm thinking it will be similar to New Avengers as it is now, but without the Bendis-ness.

E said:
They won't be writing it as a political super thriller. Just a run of the mill superhero book.

Right, I agree. Thats what they do best, and thats what they will do. I really liked parts of Supes/Bats (though I thought the art was eh) and Hush, I have a lot of respect for Loeb.

I just don't think hes well suited to the UU, which is a more contemporary and realistic universe than 616, where traditional superheroics should be kept. Just my 2c.

You guys wouldn't say that Millar's politics are contrived? I get it - he writes political criticism in his titles well... But I think it is entirely too forced. Then again, any politics gives me a headache. That's one thing I can't stand.

Goodwill said:
You guys wouldn't say that Millar's politics are contrived?

No.

What is contrived about it?

Latest posts

Back