Wizard reveals new Ultimates 3 information, sketches

With an Ultimate Vision mini coming out, and Joe Mad having designed Ultimate Vision, I assume Vision is a proper member of the Ultimates in Ultimates 3.

Bass said:
With an Ultimate Vision mini coming out, and Joe Mad having designed Ultimate Vision, I assume Vision is a proper member of the Ultimates in Ultimates 3.

Maybe, maybe not. I mean Stan Lee and Jack Kirby designed Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four, but Spider-Man didn't become a member of the FF until much later. I suspect the same will apply here.

I like Iron Man's new design because I like anime and I'm thinking that it'll be more appropriate for U3. The Scarlet Witch's costume does however look a bit ridiculous. C'mon, high heels?

icemastertron said:
Dont remember Millar saying it, but I remember Loeb saying it, but it also seemed like he was joking.

Loeb joked that the only character him and Millar couldn't agree on was Ghost Rider because Millar told Loeb not to diss Satan.

Yeah, it had to be a joke.

I liked the costumes. Both of them. The only thing I have against the SW one is the high heels. But you guys forget that these are just sketches. I agree with Bass, I like that they're going a seperate direction instead of copying. I have faith in this. Mad's Cap, Widow, Iron, and Scarlet sketches have all been impressive. I admit to liking them better than Hitch.

elfreo said:
is there a site where all the designs can be found?
Right now, nope. This is something that's exclusive to Wizard. So if anything, it will like here, and the designs will just be scans.

There are some Ultimates skteches @ Joe Mad's site which I'll put in a link once I find it. But it only has Cap and Wasp but its still decent looking.

LINK:
joemadfan.com

Last edited:
X2727 said:
There are some Ultimates skteches @ Joe Mad's site which I'll put in a link once I find it. But it only has Cap and Wasp but its still decent looking.
Yeah, cuz those were in Wizard a while back. They're also on this site somewhere,too.

Thnxs X2727
Okay I just went to joemadfan.com and im officially a fan. I knew I reconized that kind of art before he did a **** load of PSM covers way back. He may not be right for ultimates but he sure as hell can draw final fantasy and mortal kombat!

:rockon:

Looking on Joe Mad's site, I saw a lot of good images of Ultimates. Hulk, Cap, Black Widow, Wasp... I would say he's doing well. In fact, I really like these sketches better than Hitch's stuff. Mad's got Hulk down, Cap looks awesome, and, c'mon... Just look at Scarlet Witch! We've got nothing to worry about. The title is in great hands.

Goodwill said:
Looking on Joe Mad's site, I saw a lot of good images of Ultimates. Hulk, Cap, Black Widow, Wasp... I would say he's doing well. In fact, I really like these sketches better than Hitch's stuff. Mad's got Hulk down, Cap looks awesome, and, c'mon... Just look at Scarlet Witch! We've got nothing to worry about. The title is in great hands.

So far, I've loved his drawings of the Ultimates, but I'm withholding final judgment until I see Thor. I assume Thor, Quicksilver and Hank Pym/8th member will be the next set of sketches. Unless that Black Widow isn't Natasha. . .

Thor better not have a dumb@$% helmet.

Why would Thor have a helmet?

Also, I'm really hoping that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch aren't put side by side in the Ultimates 3... We need to lose the incest insinuations and develope their respective characters apart from each other. Let's give Wanda a love interest and give Quicksilver a little time with the fact that his father's a free man. Make him question where his loyalties really are. He might decide to go back to his father out of fear, which I think would be cool.

Goodwill said:
Why would Thor have a helmet?

Also, I'm really hoping that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch aren't put side by side in the Ultimates 3... We need to lose the incest insinuations and develope their respective characters apart from each other. Let's give Wanda a love interest and give Quicksilver a little time with the fact that his father's a free man. Make him question where his loyalties really are. He might decide to go back to his father out of fear, which I think would be cool.

Who knows. But, after seeing Cap, I doubt Joe'd make him have any sort of little wings anywhere. Hopefully.

As for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch splitting up, I don't see it happening. Quicksilver HATES his father. It's evident by Quicksilver keeping an eye on his father and calling him "old man" in Ultimate X-men. Not to mention, Quicksilver going all hero in Ultimates 2 #9. It's a nice foil against how 616 Quicksilver is right now: a villian.

I don't think I'd like it much if they got rid of Quicksilver on the Ultimates. I'm really starting to like his character. Unless. . .Millar decides to kill him. OH ##@^!

Millar won't kill him... He'll just ignore him for now.

Remember, the last time his father was free, Quicksilver accepted his punishment without a fight. When his father was jailed, I believe he started to grow some balls, but it's a different story all over again. Things will change, no doubt.

Goodwill said:
Millar won't kill him... He'll just ignore him for now.

Remember, the last time his father was free, Quicksilver accepted his punishment without a fight. When his father was jailed, I believe he started to grow some balls, but it's a different story all over again. Things will change, no doubt.

Well, I'd say it is kind of hard to fight back when your kneecaps are full of bullets.

ProjectX2 said:
Well, I'd say it is kind of hard to fight back when your kneecaps are full of bullets.

True, but the new Quicksilver was struck by lightning 3 times by Thor, and still managed to bring him down..... and by NEW i mean the new attitude.......

Oh and 100 posts.......... FINALY......I AM ALL THAT IS MAN!!!!!

Doc Comic said:
If they're trying to make this more like 616, I won't hesitate to drop Ultimates 3. I already have a 616 Avengers monthly.
You do? Please, by all means, show me this 616 Avengers monthly. I haven't seen one in AGES!

As for the book's direction? I'm excited! I like that this won't be a copy of Millar's Ultimates because if it was, it would fall flat and have no major fanbase. No one can do politics, super-soldiers, blockbuster action and incest between a hot brother and sister like Millar can!
Anyone wanna scan the interview itself and let us have a read? I saw the last one but it was more of a "Loeb Comes to Marvel" interview than a "Loeb Writes Ultimates 3" interview.

As for the sketches? I liked the Cap ones I saw in Wizard and couldn't believe I was so adverse to Mad's arrival on the title. I've always liked his style but didn't feel it would suit the book. My thoughts have changed.
The little Wasp one was neat and the Black Widow sketch was pretty cool (and it made me imagine her with blonde hair, so maybe it isn't Natasha after all...who can say for sure?). This new IM costume may be too streamlined, but I can deal with it. One thing I'll miss is the support crew that used to come with getting Tony ready to fly as Iron Man, which I'm sure Loeb will axe in favor of a 616-style slip-on armor.
The Scarlet Witch's costume is so hot and so stupid. I don't mind it, but it's quite gratuitous.

And as for Hank and Widow, Millar did say that this arc would bring "traitors galore"...or wasn't anyone else paying attention?:wink:

Latest posts

Back