Wolverine and the X-Men (Spoilers)

Third episode wasn't so good.

I mean, Emma appears out of nowhere and she just randomly wants to join the X-Men. Right...

Then she says she shut down her school because of the kids and she misses teaching. I can believe Emma saying something like that. But the way she said it? Blech. She sounded so stupid and whiny.

Then of course you have Wolverine bum-rushing into Magneto's place to get Charles. THE MAN WITH A METAL SKELETON IS BUM-RUSHING INTO THE MASTER OF MAGNETISM'S HOUSE. Genius!!! :roll:

No wonder no one wants to follow Wolverine as a leader. When he screws up, he really screws up big time. He's supposed to be better and smarter than this and he goes in angry, even though there is evidence showing Magneto didn't create the attack, acting worse than 5-year-old.

I'm sure there was a better way to get Emma on the team, too. It would've been better off if Emma was still deciding what to do with her school and Wolverine and/or Beast made the trip up to Mass. to try and convince her to join because they need a telepath for not only using Cerebro, but also because she could be a very worthy asset to the team. :?

It wasn't a very good way to end the 'pilot' episodes. But the next should be interesting, albeit that Storm is coming back...

Last edited:
Then of course you have Wolverine bum-rushing into Magneto's place to get Charles. THE MAN WITH A METAL SKELETON IS BUM-RUSHING INTO THE MASTER OF MAGNETISM'S HOUSE. Genius!!! :roll:

No wonder no one wants to follow Wolverine as a leader. When he screws up, he really screws up big time. He's supposed to be better and smarter than this and he goes in angry, even though there is evidence showing Magneto didn't create the attack, acting worse than 5-year-old.
Was there at any point, a moment in which Wolvie screamed, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY LIFE--AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!!"?

4th episode, "Overflow" was alright, though slightly better than the previous one.

It has Storm returning to the X-Men, but not before being taken over by Shadow King. He goes into her body/mind and makes her think he's burning all of Africa, starting with the village they're in. But in reality he's not. So with Storm thinking everything's burning, she starts a monsoon.

The X-Men come to help after being told by Xavier (from the future), and in the end it turns into a battle between Shadow King and Emma Frost in Astral form. Emma wins and the X-Men go back home.

Storm sees how Charles is and that's when she decides to stay.

What was really bad was Wolverine's mega-cheesy lines to Shadow King. Ugh. It's one of those type of lines that are so cheesy they make you cringe and what to rip out the vocal cords of the person saying it. Blech.

Phil LaMarr is doing the voices for Gambit and Nick Fury.

Gambit will be appearing in today's episode, along with Magma as well.

Phil LaMarr is doing the voices for Gambit and Nick Fury.

Gambit will be appearing in today's episode, along with Magma as well.

Ultimate Nick Fury or regular Nick?

I found a place to watch these online, so far the first three are good, I'll watch the newest one later.

Can you give me a link bro?

"Thieves Gambit"

Well, better than the previous episode, but that's not saying much. Magma was really only a cameo at the beginning of the episode. The episode was really just Wolverine and Gambit. Forge got a few lines, and everyone else was just shown for a second or two.

It was decent overall. But damn Wolverine just loves going, "AAARRRGHHH!!"

So Phil LaMarr is not doing Nick Fury, but he's been voicing both Bolivar Trask as well as Gambit.

Phil Morris will voice the role of Fury (as well as someone named Randy).

I think I'm only watching this show out of curiosity. The show is bad, even I admit. It's just too damn cheesy and badly written. I know it's a kid/teen show, but that's no excuse. There lots of shows for younger crowds that are done better than this.

Episode 6 "X-Calibre"

Nightcrawler episode with Spiral and the Reavers showing up (and Mojo in a few 2-second shots). The Reavers are with Spiral as they're on a ship attacking other ships that are taking mutants to Genosha. What? Since when would Reavers be with Spiral or Mojo?

Whatever. It's stupid.

Last edited:
I'm just finishing the 3rd episode. I'm not sure whether to keep watching. Or whether this is any better than X-Men: Evolution.

I think I'm only watching this show out of curiosity. The show is bad, even I admit. It's just too damn cheesy and badly written. I know it's a kid/teen show, but that's no excuse. There lots of shows for younger crowds that are done better than this.

Episode 6 "X-Calibre"

Nightcrawler episode with Spiral and the Reavers showing up (and Mojo in a few 2-second shots). The Reavers are with Spiral as they're on a ship attacking other ships that are taking mutants to Genosha. What? Since when would Reavers be with Spiral or Mojo?

Whatever. It's stupid.

Spiral technically made the Reavers (with Lady Deathsrike) in her Body Shoppe.

I'll probably keep watching for the same reason Ice is.

You'll know by the next episode. Evolution was great and was leaps better than this.

Though I personally think the 1st season of Evolution is just awful, after that it was good.

Okay... so far they've made Domino a rather throw away villain, and Spiral a very painfully one dimensional villain.... and Emma a rather transparent (pardon the pun) whiner....

Remind me why I'm defending this cartoon?

Latest posts

Back