Wolverine - series discussion (spoilers)

THE MAP:

oldman10.jpg

THE COMMENTARY:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/061908oldmanlogancommentary.html

I'm thinking that Pym's Cross isn't really a city at all, but maybe a giant Hank Pym corpse, the size of a city or something. Maybe he's just lying there, rotting.

Without reading the commentary, I think you're right. It fits with Millar's old Avengers 2099 idea of having Giant Man giant sized and comatosed. His heart would beat once a month or so and rattle the surrounding area. Hills would grow onto his unmoving barely alive body.

It's such a great image and idea that I knew he'd reuse it.

Quesada via MySpace's "Cup O' Joe" on the unnamed lands:

JM: I get it. That's hardly my concern, but…I loved the crazy map in "Old Man Logan!" Is there as reason the Michigan-Ohio region was unnamed? Or was that just an oversight?

JQ: I asked the aforementioned Mike Pasciullo—he's single, ladies!—about this, and his answer was:

"During the 2008 college football season, Penn State's defeats of both Ohio State and the University of Michigan were so devastating and embarrassing that the inhabitants of the region fled in shame and the area was left a barren wasteland forever more. WE ARE…"

As you might gather, Mike's a Penn State alum. Anyway, if you look carefully you'll see that there are actually two regions that aren't named…yet.

this sounds like fun and seems like a good place to pick this up. Since my precious Ultimate universe is going down the drain i need a new series to latch on to. Ill pick this up!:D

Man, I love this comic so much. This is seriously one of the best books I think I've picked up in years, cover to cover it's phenomenal. Millar wrote a really good script and McNiven did a great job at making it visual. Plus it's kind of like a little scavenger hunt/buddies-on-the-road story with Wolverine and Hawkeye in the Spider-buggy, which is always fun.

Really, I normally like Millar's work but this takes it to another level.

10/10

I finally read it, and it was great, a little slow and prodding setting up the whole, "feel bad for Logan, his life sucks" stuff but I thought the whole thing was great

According to the "Mark Millar checklist" in the Marvel Previews, there's no Wolverine in October or November, which changed from last month's checklist. So it goes from September's #69 to December's #70.

Is it to late to call that Logan is hawkeye's package and hawkeye is delivering him into the hands of his enemies?

Is it to late to call that Logan is hawkeye's package and hawkeye is delivering him into the hands of his enemies?

:shock:

That is a great idea. Good theory. Now I'm scared.

Moloids. "That's right, *****es. Just keep making noises." Mr. Sinister, Sabretooth, Omega Red and the Constrictor. Mjolnir. Ultrons. Peter Parker's non-white daughter? Spider-***** is Hawkeye's daughter.

Neat stuff. But it feels so light. There's lots of stuff being packed in but not much story.

Last edited:
Moloids. "That's right, *****es. Just keep making noises." Mr. Sinister, Sabretooth, Omega Red and the Constrictor. Mjolnir. Ultrons. Peter Parker's non-white daughter? Spider-***** is Hawkeye's daughter.

Neat stuff. But it feels so light. There's lots of stuff being packed in but not much story.
Agreed on everything.

Good issue, overall. Ghost Riders- a motorcycle gang with guys having Skull face painting...that was cool. And then the arrow going through one of the guy's head and through his nose. That was awesome.

oldmanhawkeye.png

This is why Old Man Hawkeye is badass.

Old Man Logan continues to be my favourite Wolverine story ever.

I think I still prefer "Enemy of the State", but its absolutely the case that Mark Millar + Wolverine = Win.

Latest posts

Back