Worst. Movie. Ever.

Bingo.

And I thought Black didn't do a bad job either. His character was supposed to be over the top like that.

Yeah, I don't really like Jack Black (Tenacious D rocks though) but he was pretty good in this.

The thing is, I think sjmole is focusing too much on the "remake with CGI" side of the movie, instead of the story. It's still the same story, with the same characters. It still has the same theme and meaning. King Kong was a good movie; it's Peter Jackson's favourite movie - he's not going to screw it up.

No i'm not

The story was not the same it was similar but worse.

The original the savages on kong's island were not the evil psychotic killers that they were on Kong

The best actor in the film was Tom Hank's son but he is not the lead instead they choose the guy who can't act and put him as the lead.

The cgi was not that good either. The dinosaurs in it did not look as good as the ones in Jurassic park and that was out years earlier

He extended the movie which can be good but added loads of stuff that never needed to be there

having the original scenes appear as scenes filmed and the RKO reference made me think "is this supposed to be a parody?"

and much more mistakes.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0473024/

apparently, the worst movie ever.

Here is the only user comment: "Do you like crossovers? Then do I have the movie for you! It is called Crossover. When I heard they were going to make a movie called Crossover I started practicing my crossover like everyday. When the movie came out I brought my rock to the theater and crossed-over all these dudes in line, it was hilarious. Then I crossed-over the popcorn dude. I got the Producer's Pick, you know, a hot dog and a large soda, then I crossed-over that too. Then in the theater this guy started talking on his cell phone, you know what I did… Yup! Crossover!!! Shut him up real good. EDITOR'S NOTE: The basketball scenes in Teen Wolf are better than the basketball scenes in Crossover. Crossover."

Last edited:
No i'm not

LIES.

I'm pretty sure the basic story is the same... and it would be kind of stupid to say it's worse over the little details.

The original the savages on kong's island were not the evil psychotic killers that they were on Kong

Savages are supposed to be terrifying. They were.

The best actor in the film was Tom Hank's son but he is not the lead instead they choose the guy who can't act and put him as the lead.

I thought they both did well.

The cgi was not that good either. The dinosaurs in it did not look as good as the ones in Jurassic park and that was out years earlier

The CGI was pretty good. Nothing beats Jurassic Park though.

He extended the movie which can be good but added loads of stuff that never needed to be there

The scenes helped expand the story and the characters.

having the original scenes appear as scenes filmed and the RKO reference made me think "is this supposed to be a parody?"

No, it's a remake. And it's a good remake.

and much more mistakes.

Alright. I know you don't like it, but I still don't see how this can be the worst movie ever?

Alright. I know you don't like it, but I still don't see how this can be the worst movie ever?

It's not just the fact I don't like it. I try and call a spade a spade. I don't like Independence Day but can admit it was done was well.

but regardless we wont agree so I'm going to stop before this threat just turns in to the many reasons why it sucks.

No i'm not

and much more mistakes.

None of your "complaints" derive from the overall quality of the film.

None of your "complaints" derive from the overall quality of the film.

I said I'm going to stop but I'll respond to this in terms of a film

How does the worst acting , Bad story , Bad effects , Bad direction not "derive from the overall quality of the film" Was I wrong in assuming the quality of a film was measured by script , story , acting and directing?

I said I'm going to stop but I'll respond to this in terms of a film

How does the worst acting , Bad story , Bad effects , Bad direction not "derive from the overall quality of the film" Was I wrong in assuming the quality of a film was measured by script , story , acting and directing?

I was talking about you nitpicking about the savages not be kong-savages and just being regular savages, which obviously ruins the entire film. And stuff.

Why am I even arguing this? I didn't even like Kong.

I was talking about you nitpicking about the savages not be kong-savages and just being regular savages, which obviously ruins the entire film. And stuff.

Why am I even arguing this? I didn't even like Kong.

I know nitpicks like that don't but it was response to Project Grimace Version 2.X saying "It's still the same story"

And Naomi Watts' performance was AWESOME.
Bound to a bunch of posts and screaming her lungs out, while being under the threat of giant monkey-rape is my ultimate fantasy.

SSJMole, I agree with BV2, VVD and Wade.

Wade's remark that 'it doesnt' derive [sic] from the overall quality of the film' is correct in this regard: You know how they say something can not be equivalent to the sum of its parts? Well I think Kong, however flawed that film might be, is a little greater than the sum of its parts.

Which isn't to say it is great at all, but it's far from being a nightmare of a film. Go watch a Uwe Boll film. Or an Ed Wood film, even. Those are really ****ty films.

When I try to see King Kong in your reckoning, all I see is a remake that is uninspired, uninteresting and unremarkable. But it doesn't exactly induce screaming agony. It's a perfect example of why Roger Ebert says you should remake bad movies, not good ones.

I can see all your complaints, but it doesn't completely abnegate the desire to ever see the film again, in the same way I could read a review that might be gushingly positive of another film and not be compelled to see it after.

Kong wasn't great. I just saw it. I think it was an average movie at best. Worst. Movie. Ever. is going way to far. Especially when mole himself brought up B&R. There are so many worse movies. Disliking it was one thing, worst is just erroneous.

Well he deserves the death penalty for that and every time I say to someone that he isn't funny, and they say "Have you seen his standup act? It's so funny! You'd love it!" And I say,"I have seen it. It's not funny. I wish everyone would stop saying the same goddamn thing every ****ing time his name comes up!"

Seriously, he's almost as overrated as George Carlin.

McCheese is my new best friend.

Robin Williams is not funny, has never been funny, and never will be funny. He and Jimmy Fallon are the only two "comedians" I can think of off the top of my head who have never even made me snicker, much less laugh, and never will. I hate Robin Williams with a passion. The only time he didn't completely suck was in Death to Smoochie.

Robin Williams isn't funny. He's obnoxious.

I don't like Independence Day but can admit it was done was well.

Heh...I feel the opposite. It wasn't done well (the effects were cool, but a lot of the acting was awful) but I still loved it. Some movies are so cheesey they're good.

Kong wasn't great. I just saw it. I think it was an average movie at best. Worst. Movie. Ever. is going way to far. Especially when mole himself brought up B&R. There are so many worse movies. Disliking it was one thing, worst is just erroneous.
Kong is pretty much remarkable in its mediocrity. Good films you can love. Bad films you can hate. Kong fails in both regards.

McCheese is my new best friend.
EAT IT HIBIKI!!!
Robin Williams is not funny, has never been funny, and never will be funny. He and Jimmy Fallon are the only two "comedians" I can think of off the top of my head who have never even made me snicker, much less laugh, and never will. I hate Robin Williams with a passion. The only time he didn't completely suck was in Death to Smoochie.

Robin Williams isn't funny. He's obnoxious.
God bless you sir. GOD BLESS YOU!
Heh...I feel the opposite. It wasn't done well (the effects were cool, but a lot of the acting was awful) but I still loved it. Some movies are so cheesey they're good.
Like ConAir.

Kong is pretty much remarkable in its mediocrity. Good films you can love. Bad films you can hate. Kong fails in both regards.
Very well said. Before mole I'd never even heard of someone having strong feelings of any kind about the movie.
Gold Star for McCheese.
Con Air, ppphhhhbbbbtttthhh... Face/Off forever!

Con Air vs. Face Off, whose side are you on?!?!?!?!?!
Con Air!

How can you go against Cyrus the Virus? He's killed more people than cancer.

Face/Off was a little more classy than Con-Air. It was a John Woo flick.

Both were THE ****, but there's no way Con-Air can stand up to Face/Off.

Latest posts

Back