Worst. Movie. Ever.

It wasn't better than 11 but it wasn't bad either.

I really enjoyed it.

These movies aren't the worst movies of all time.

I suppose Hulk is an exaggeration on my part because at least they were trying(although it still stands as far and away the worst directed film I've ever watched), but I've seen a lot of movies, my life practically revolves around them, and I can honestly say few films have appalled me as much as Ocean's 12.

You wanna know what is NOT one of the worst movies of all time? Bicentennial Man. And Robin Williams is absolutely wonderful when he's working with good stuff(Mrs Doubtfire, Good Morning Vietnam, Hook, etc).

Bass Version 2.0 said:
I still enjoyed Jurassic Park 3.

Me too. Neither sequel can come anywhere near the first one, but I liked three a lot too. I put it on my Christmas list the year it came out.

You wanna know what is NOT one of the worst movies of all time? Bicentennial Man. And Robin Williams is absolutely wonderful when he's working with good stuff(Mrs Doubtfire, Good Morning Vietnam, Hook, etc).
On exactly what planet is Mrs. Doubtfire a good movie?

I think Hook was a good movie, not BECAUSE of Robin Williams (and not 'in spite of him' either, as some might think) but because of everything else that made Robin Williams himself work.

Incidentally, I have an awesome idea for a Mrs. Doubtfire sequel that will probably never get made. I mean, sure I hated the first movie, but I think it laid the groundwork for an interesting sequel.

Hook was good, I'll grant you that. But it certainly wasn't because of Robin Williams's comedic skills.

And sorry, but you're wrong. Bicentennial Man was a huge stinking turd.

And that makes you a turd lover!

TURD LOVER! TURD LOVER! PLANET MAN IS A TURD LOVER!

Hook was good, I'll grant you that. But it certainly wasn't because of Robin Williams's comedic skills.

And sorry, but you're wrong. Bicentennial Man was a huge stinking turd.

And that makes you a turd lover!

TURD LOVER! TURD LOVER! PLANET MAN IS A TURD LOVER!

He's right, you know.

And Dustin Hoffman made Hook. "BRING ME THE HEAD OF PETER PAN!"

It was much more than good, IMO, and I didn't say anything about comedic skills(although for the record he's one of my favourite comic actors). I'm just talking about his skills in general. Hook wasn't a comedy, but he was wonderful in it. Mrs Doubtfire and Good Morning Vietnam are comedies, and he was equally great in them.

By the way, have you seen One Hour Photo?

Earth. And I've met almost nobody from there who doesn't love it.
That's an exaggeration that means nothing, unless by "Earth" you mean Toronto (or even North America) and that's a VERY small portion of the Earth.

Williams was good in One Hour Photo, I'll give you that.

Hibiki said:
Cocoon is the worst movie of all time.
I actually have a soft spot for films that feature a cast of mostly really old people, because let's face it --- they aren't exactly a well-represented demographic in film. We know what it's like to be gay, black, Asian-American, short, retarded, smart, sexually repressed, young, married, but there just aren't enough movies about OLD people.

If someone tried to make a series like The Golden Girls today, they'd just turn it into a juvenile piece of nonsense about incontinence and impotence.

Also, I am disappointed that no one wants to hear my Mrs. Doubtfire sequel.

a) I guess you missed the whole first hour of the film which had no special effects at all.

b) I liked both the original and this one, and so does everyone I know, so that can't be true.

c) Jack Black is an excellent actor. Sorry, he simply is. Have you ever seen Shallow Hal(and to a lesser extent School of Rock)? The man's terrrific. And he was the standout performance in King Kong for me and most people I know.

Peter Jackson's King Kong rocked. I'd definitely rate it as one of the best films of the last few years.

a) Yes I did but the fact is just because there was no cgi in the first half Most went to see it for the giant cgi monkey.

b)I love the 1930s one. Most I know feel the same but this one is nothing like it. Hell i would take the 1970s one over this one. In my local cinema after the film on the first day you get to leave reviews i saw 1 good review thats it from a kid

c) saw both of those and he sucked in them too

That's an exaggeration that means nothing, unless by "Earth" you mean Toronto (or even North America) and that's a VERY small portion of the Earth.

Williams was good in One Hour Photo, I'll give you that.

I actually have a soft spot for films that feature a cast of mostly really old people, because let's face it --- they aren't exactly a well-represented demographic in film. We know what it's like to be gay, black, Asian-American, short, retarded, smart, sexually repressed, young, married, but there just aren't enough movies about OLD people.

If someone tried to make a series like The Golden Girls today, they'd just turn it into a juvenile piece of nonsense about incontinence and impotence.

Also, I am disappointed that no one wants to hear my Mrs. Doubtfire sequel.

Golden Girls was awesome. How could you like a movie like Cocoon? Old people dunking. just make a Like Mike 3... One last Dunk. It's about an old man who finds a pair of MJ autographed shoes and joins the NBA and becomes MVP at the ripe age of 76. For kicks Bea Arthur can be his pessimistic wife with a quench for lust.

Golden Girls was awesome. How could you like a movie like Cocoon? Old people dunking. just make a Like Mike 3... One last Dunk. It's about an old man who finds a pair of MJ autographed shoes and joins the NBA and becomes MVP at the ripe age of 76. For kicks Bea Arthur can be his pessimistic wife with a quench for lust.
I merely said I have a soft spot for films featuring old people. Meaning I'd probably be a bit more forgiving of Cocoon than it deserves. Which isn't the same thing as 'liking' it or calling it a 'good' film. :p

It was much more than good, IMO, and I didn't say anything about comedic skills(although for the record he's one of my favourite comic actors). I'm just talking about his skills in general.

*I* was talking about him as a comedian. I thought I was pretty careful to say that, even mentioning that he was Ok in Death to Smoochie. That's the argument here - that he's not funny. Not that he can't act.

By the way, have you seen One Hour Photo?

I have not.

I merely said I have a soft spot for films featuring old people.

If it was anyone else that would be sweet, with you it comes off as slightly creepy and unnerving.

I'm sorry

but now I know and knowing ......... (i'll let someone else finish it)
I have the graphic to finish that on my photobucket account, but I feel this situation is undeserving of it.
*I* was talking about him as a comedian. I thought I was pretty careful to say that, even mentioning that he was Ok in Death to Smoochie. That's the argument here - that he's not funny. Not that he can't act.
Actually I'm saying he's not funny and he can't act.
If it was anyone else that would be sweet, with you it comes off as slightly creepy and unnerving.
I thought the exact same thing when I read that.

Creep.

That's exactly how I feel. It's not important to most of his films that Robin Williams *is* funny, but that he's trying to be funny. As I tried to explain:
ourchair said:
Take for example, The Fisher King. It's a movie where I thought even though Robin Williams was still doing his 'funny' schtick, I didn't find him patently funny. But on the other hand, it was a role in which whether the audiences found him funny or not was entirely beside the point. The point was that he's a little unhinged and now Jeff Bridges has to deal with him.
Whether Robin Williams induced laughter or not is utterly besides the point in any one of his good/better/best performances.

E said:
Seriously, there are just too many films featuring young white people and their romantic problems that are supposed to be funny. Nobody wants to take the elderly as a serious cinematic topic, because that's not what the 18-40 demographic wants to buy a ticket for.

Last edited:
I have the graphic to finish that on my photobucket account, but I feel this situation is undeserving of it.

Agreed. I'm just sick of the fact on message boards (not this one) everytime I say "thanks. now I know" or anything like it some one has to make a "and knowing is half the battle" reply and i'm like "ok first one or two are funny but after like 20 it just gets real old real fast"

I00% agree. I think he can be great and be crap if given wrong stuff. But NO actor can be good with a **** script. He was good in the stuff you mentioned. I also liked him in Jack , Jumanji , Mork & Mindy , One Hour Photo and more

Last edited:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

!!!!!!!!!!

SNAKES ON THE PLANE IS ONE OF THE GREATEST MOVIES EVER MADE!!

To think otherwise is blasphemy in the eyes of Jesus.

I concur, Doctor. Your diagnosis is spot on.
May Warren Ellis strike me down if I'm wrong.

Next he'll be saying that Black Snake Moan doesn't look intriguing. :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back