WTF Moments in comics.

Re: WTF Momments in comics.

I remember an old DC comic featuring a bald supervillain who was not Lex Luthor, having designed a small metal vessel for some random purpose.

He had one of the most ludicrous ideas about industrial design as he declared, "Now I must strengthen the capsule... with GOLD!"

Because gold isn't one of the softest metals ever.

I remember an old DC comic featuring a bald supervillain who was not Lex Luthor, having designed a small metal vessel for some random purpose.

He had one of the most ludicrous ideas about industrial design as he declared, "Now I must strengthen the capsule... with GOLD!"

Because gold isn't one of the softest metals ever.

:lol::lol:

See this was the kind of thing I was hoping for in this thread. It is a WTF

I remember a Spider-Man story written by the Electric company where he beats Electro by making a kite out of webbing and newspaper and grounding him or some such nonsense.

I think the video, like many of the ones the writers on Cracked.com do(e.g. Lex Friedman and "Gladstone"), is proof that some people can write comedy but can't deliver it. The guy is an obnoxious nerd. He has a lisp and sounds like an idiot. He isn't funny, because he seems nearly as foolish as the comics he's calling out.

I remember a newer spider-man comic with Spidy fighting Green Goblin and all of a sudden they stop and start talking and laughing, looking back at their great moments together.....like when Green Gob killed Peters baby.

I remember a newer spider-man comic with Spidy fighting Green Goblin and all of a sudden they stop and start talking and laughing, looking back at their great moments together.....like when Green Gob killed Peters baby.

:shock:

Planet-man said:
I think the video, like many of the ones the writers on Cracked.com do(e.g. Lex Friedman and "Gladstone"), is proof that some people can write comedy but can't deliver it. The guy is an obnoxious nerd. He has a lisp and sounds like an idiot. He isn't funny, because he seems nearly as foolish as the comics he's calling out.
I thought it actually was funny, but I do get what you're saying. Several times he just got so high strung or bent out of shape that I was all like, "Whoa, chill, dude!"

I think it could have used more deadpan of the Warren Ellis variety.

Last edited:

How about when Liefeld magically got hired into the comic business and actually cemented his name into the industry. if that isn't a WTF?!?! moment I don't know what is.

How about when Liefeld magically got hired into the comic business and actually cemented his name into the industry. if that isn't a WTF?!?! moment I don't know what is.
To be fair, there are hundreds of artists during Liefeld's time who were just as bad or worse than him who got jobs in the comic book industry.

I'm not just talking about the guys who were mimicking the 'Image-style' look. Case in point: the first Malibu Ultraverse books had some waaaaay ****ty art that looked like it was drawn by 10 year olds, or people drawing for Liquid TV's The Head.

What's bizarre is that he got famous, and that he continues to get work.

Ultimate Iron Man was 5 issues worth of WTF.

The guy in this is an utter copy of the Angry Video Game Nerd, except that this is probably what this guy is actually like.:roll:

I've had plenty of 'WTF' moments reading comics over the years, but none spring to mind right now. I'll try and list them when they come to me.

Last edited:

To be fair I never said the video was funny. I was just using that to create a different sort of thread on here, Plus it does mention a few of them that are WTFs e.g the super villain powered by cocaine (though that is a kind of awesome conceptat the same time) To be honest I don't like the guy in the video at at all but the idea of the video is one worth discussing for a bit of fun.

Gothamite said:
The guy in this is an utter copy of the Angry Video Game Nerd, except that this is probably what this guy is actually like :roll:

This probably why I don't like him as AVG I find to be annoying as hell. The only one like them I like is the "Nostalgia Critic", Thats how I found that WTF as the site has the Nostalgia Critic on it but has others like Linkara

This probably why I don't like him as AVG I find to be annoying as hell. The only one like them I like is the "Nostalgia Critic", Thats how I found that WTF as the site has the Nostalgia Critic on it but has others like Linkara

AVGN was excellent for his first couple of videos when you could tell that he genuinely hated the games he was talking about. After that, he just trailed off and tried to find the funniest way of talking about faeces in the context of a bad game.

Latest posts

Back