X Factor series discussion (Spoilers)

13 was the best issue yet.

I love the new artist.

Someone is counseling every member of X-Factor.

It never shows who until the end, but I knew right away.

He evens goes and talks to Quicksilver.

Everybody has issues that they are dealing with. Guido with the murder, M with her brother problem, Siren with her dad's death & her attack, Layla just being Layla, Jamie with sleeping with both women & his questionable past, & Rahne losing control of her animal side. A vision that she killed Layla and Jamie at thier wedding.

At the end it was Doc Samson (no surpise there).

So Ultxon has been recommending this series for a while now (I even saw I posted about this on the second page) and I finally got around to reading it. Read the first four issues last night, liked the character of Jamie Madrox, but was disappointed Ryan Sook's gone. I read the Madrox mini this morning, and it set it up well.

I really like the character of Jamie Madrox. I like how his dupes are all different than him. I'll be continuing this.

So I'm all caught up. Love this book. Why can't the other x-books be this good?

Absolutely love Layla's character. Love it! The way she joke with Madrox is absolutely great! How anyone can not like her is beyond me.

Such a great book.

Victor Von Doom said:
Why can't the other x-books be this good?

I don't know which ones you're reading, 'cause they're great right now. Astonishing is always good, Uncanny is great with Brubaker at the helm, and Adjectiveless has some interesting ideas that Carey is cooking up.

Damn this was great. For those of you who complain about Bendis not doing enough with the aftermath of certain pivotal events in a characters life, would definitely love what PAD does with this.

Starts off with a page of Madrox entering an office and staring down the end a few guns pointed at him and he flashesback...

He's apologizing to Syrin about the thing between his dupes and their sexual escapades. Syrin won't talk to him because if she starts it will elevate to a point where she's screaming at him and wiping out the entire neighborhood. Jaime walks away and is then attack by Monet who tries to beat him until the dupe that seduced her comes out.

Rahne and Guido go to confront Mrs. Buchannan and tell her the truth. Guido not so subtly let's slip he's the guy who killed her husband and she faints.

Next is the best 3 pages in comic history

Jaime and Rictor have the best "guy talk" dialogue I have ever and will ever read in comics. Pick up the issue. It's worth it as they talk about the sex drive of M and Syrin, the team, and Quicksilver.

Back at Mrs. Buchannan's she forgives Guido and acknowledges he was pawn. She tells him no one has to know he physically murdered him and the case will remained unsolved but she wants him to promise he won't tell and to forgive himself. Very touching scene.

Jaime meets up with Doc Samson at the central park zoo. Awesome art here especially the polar bear. Doc suggests that in order to pull his life together he literally goes out and collects his stray dupes.

Monet and Syrin aren't speaking to each other. Layla comes up and yells at them/threatens them and tells them they have to get along. Monet offers to go shopping. Syrin asks where. Monet says Paris. They're friends again.

Jaime infiltrates SHIELD to find the Agent of Shield dupe. This is where we're taken back to the beginning and when he walks into his dupes office he's met by SHIELD agents and Valerie Cooper. She's suggests he stays away from SHIELD.

On the walk home he runs into a girl scout selling cookies. He offers to buy some and when he opens the box, a gas is let out and he gets knocked out. A van pulls up and the girl scout talks into a radio piece saying "We've got agent Jaime Madrox of SHIELD and they're on their way back to HQ.

Hail Hydra."

5/5

Best comic out right now.

#14Damn this was great. For those of you who complain about Bendis not doing enough with the aftermath of certain pivotal events in a characters life, would definitely love what PAD does with this.

Agreed. I'm kicking myself for not reading this series earlier. To think that I've gone a year without this awesomeness stupifies me.

Jaime and Rictor have the best "guy talk" dialogue I have ever and will ever read in comics. Pick up the issue. It's worth it as they talk about the sex drive of M and Syrin, the team, and Quicksilver.

Worth the cost of the issue alone. The Quicksilver joke is the best! :lol:

My only complaint is that issue didn't feature more Layla. I don't know why I like her so much. But she is definitely the Breakout Character of the Year! Hands down!

I got a fever....and the only perscription is more little girl who knows stuff.

But I love the character of Maddrox so much. A victim to his own power.

Best part of the best issue of X-Factor so far.

5/5

I really want to get the first trade of this when it's released in paperback, because I've heard great things and I like PAD's writing.

The problem is I don't read any X-Books and I feel like I would need a lot of help understanding what's happening and who are the characters that are in it.

You just need to know that a majority of the mutants have been wiped out, and that X-Factor are seeking how/why.

I recommend the Madrox trade, as it sets up X-Factor wonderfully.

You just need to know that a majority of the mutants have been wiped out, and that X-Factor are seeking how/why.

I've only read a few issues, but yeah, its self contained. Although theres a little spilllover from past stories, its minimal.
I recommend the Madrox trade, as it sets up X-Factor wonderfully.
I really want to check out the Madrox series, it sounded interesting when it came out. Maybe I'll buy it from the UC store as a present to myself for graduation....

I love the new artist on this and this was an awesome issue.

Layla's freakout was the best part.

and "I"m Rictor, I know stuff"

Latest posts

Back