X Factor series discussion (Spoilers)

Very brief summary because not a lot happened really and it's only from memory.... but it was a good issue.

Jaime's pretty lighthearted about his being kidnapped and HYDRA thinks they only have a dupe.

He's then introduced to the doctor who messed with Guido's head for Singularity. He mentally tortures Jaime by tapping into his subconcience. This only takes a few minutes but to Jaime every minute turns into days... He imagines himself in a field roped to a poll. His mother slapping him for being bad and then his dad whips him. He mentally begins to create dupes but doesn't physically because of the restraints the doctor put on him. The doctors agenda is to mentally thin him out to successfully get to the core personality and brainwash him.

Syrin and M are in Paris and M basically goes on about how she has the chance to date royalty but hooked up with Jaime who is standard for Syrin. Basically telling her she's better then her. No hard feelings and a somewhat comedic girl moment. They discover a riot outside the resident of former mutants. After they speak up for the former mutants a rioter takes a gun and shoots but M blocks it, unfortunately breaking a very expensive necklace. The police show up and they peacefully go to set a good example.

As they sit in a cell for a bit, the same rioter that shot at them is taken in. They ask what happened and he proudly proclaims that they burned the place with the ex-mutants inside. M breaks off a piece of the metal bar and throws it in the direction of the prisoner. The panel is shown with blood spurting in their direction. Syrin asks what she's done and M replies: "making a political statement."

Back in the Hydra HQ Jaime stands in a room with a Hydra uniform on. They gloat about how he'll be able to hold a nuclear device and multiply so that they'll have more nuclear power. Touching that there's more to his power than meets the eye. But Jaime then begins to slap himself and repeat the punishment his mother gave him until he multiplies too many times to control as each dupe begins to punish themselves...

SHIELD arrives to a deserted base with some HYDRA agents crushed to death. The SHIELD dupe goes to the body of Jaime and he jumps up and absorbs him. It then explains why Jaime wasn't completely brainwashed by SHIELD (And I'm totally blowing this review because I forget how *HELP PLEASE*) However, Jaime realizes that although he just killed a bunch of human beings he doesn't feel any remorse...

4/5

I didn't like how Madrox might be able to duplicate items he's holding... it's too inconsistent.

I was hoping for a shock reveal like the real Jamie Madrox is a member of HYDRA. That would be great.

Jaime goes to find his preacher dupe.

This minister guy has a family (wife and kid) and Jaime ends up debating about taking him back in. The dupe threatens to shoot him to protect his family because if he disappears they won't have a stable life. Jaime tells him that he's a piece of his soul and if he doesn't get him back he won't be stable. Basically Jaime ends up leaving the dupe live out his life...

M and Syrin break out of the prison in Paris and crucify the terrorist that was bragging about killing the mutant family. They go to the scene and find a young girl there. M decides that they're gonna take her back to America with them. Syrin doesn't like the idea because they've broken enough international laws already. In the shadows a dark hooded figure with glowing red eyes is watching them.

They take M's jet back but the French police arrive and, sirens and flashers blaring, chase after the jet before it takes off. There's a flash of light and the cops disappear and the plane takes off. Syrin and M wonder what the hell happened and we're left seeing the mysterious figure, whose hand is aglow, standing on the runway.

4.5/5

Great issue as expected. Missing Layla though. :(

Any ideas on who the dark figure is? Tristam Silver? :twisted:

Now he went after the his Detective dupe.

It was very horrible what happened to him. I wanted to know what he knows.

I'm looking forward to X-Cell.

Anyone else still reading this?

X-Cell is brilliant.

Madrox is Awesome.

What else could you ask for?

Last edited:
This comic bores me. I haven't read the latest issues. I think it should just be about Madrox traveling the world, hunting down his dupes... and then it should be revealed that some of them are going missing, and it's because a HYDRA dupe is absorbing them...

Holy ****.

What the hell did she do to Layla?

NOT LAYLA!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy ****.

What the hell did she do to Layla?

NOT LAYLA!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes folks...Layla Millar might have just met her end...I think I speak for all of us when I say - **** YES!

Last edited:
Hey X-Factor fans.

I've been wanting to start getting this book for at least a year now, but my LCS never had the trades, only the first hardcover. But this weekend, during my trip to New York, I made it a point to go to Midtown Comics to splurge on either She-Hulk, Captain America, or this.

I ended up getting the first three trades (or the first 17 issues) of this.

I'm up to Issue 4; this is really great stuff, you guys.

I hate how they solicit this under X-MEN, because it's really not an "X-Men" title at all, I don't think. That's also what kept me from searching out for the trades (I hate 616 X-continuity). But I'm glad I'm on board!

What issue are they up to now?

X-Factor #26 variant & new title?

Much has been hinted by Marvel of changes to come for the Mutant side of the Marvel Universe post-"Mesiah CompleX," but the following press release -- created, ostensibly, to announcde the sell-through of the first printing of "X-Factor" #26, contains quite innocuously the first mention yet of a new title called "Young X-Men." When asked, Marvel told CBR News, "No comment – stay tuned."

Last edited:
X-Factor #26 variant & new title?

Much has been hinted by Marvel of changes to come for the Mutant side of the Marvel Universe post-"Mesiah CompleX," but the following press release -- created, ostensibly, to announcde the sell-through of the first printing of "X-Factor" #26, contains quite innocuously the first mention yet of a new title called "Young X-Men." When asked, Marvel told CBR News, "No comment – stay tuned."

When I first read that headline, I thought it was implying that X Factors title would be changing.

Anyway, as much as I like Messiah Complex, I just want it to finish already and stop derailing one of my favourite series. I have a horrible, gut wrenching feeling that Jamie Madrox is going to be one of the casualties of this crossover.

I really pray not, as he's become one of my favourite characters.

When I first read that headline, I thought it was implying that X Factors title would be changing.
Same here. That's how CBR has it worded on their main page.

I have a horrible, gut wrenching feeling that Jamie Madrox is going to be one of the casualties of this crossover.

I really pray not, as he's become one of my favourite characters.
Causalty in what way? He's still appearing after the crossover.

Same here. That's how CBR has it worded on their main page.

Causalty in what way? He's still appearing after the crossover.

Is there hard proof of that?

In the recent solicits, it mentions 'Jamie Madroxs team', which, for some reason, just seemed to me to imply 'the late Jamie Madroxs team'.

X-Factor #31 cover:

XFACT031.jpg

Is there hard proof of that?

In the recent solicits, it mentions 'Jamie Madroxs team', which, for some reason, just seemed to me to imply 'the late Jamie Madroxs team'.
If there wasn't before- there is now:

"Expect the unexpected from the new "X-Force," and be prepared for new directions and changes in the two existing titles, especially "X-Factor." Team leader Madrox has a dupe stuck somewhere in one future timeline, while Layla is trapped in another. In addition, a change in membership for the group is forthcoming."

The Layla Miller special was one of the best comics I've read in a long while. I hope she comes back somehow.

Latest posts

Back