X-Men: Deadly Genesis (Discussion Spoilers)

yeah, i was just thinking Moira...

I am really really loving the idea of an X-Men team that didn't manage to win against Krakoa.

The thing is Stephen Lang wanted to be rid of all mutants, so when Scarlet Witch said "No more mutants", maybe thru some ironic thing (i don't know what other way to put it) he somehow was brought back to life, with all the excess mutant energy, creating an omega mutant & hating what he's become, goes after the x-men he knew at the time when he was killed. The Thunderbird theory doesnt fit, the guy, whoever it is, is 1- too small & 2- blonde . Maybe its the Phoenix force thats brought him back.....

Anyone notice how they've been pretty lenient with showing the guy's face? And none of those cliched 'You!? But... it can't be you!?!' type lines from Cyke or Wolvie. Those two things hint at a character that isn't known to the X Men OR us.

I really believe this alternate team theory has a lot of weight behind it. Think of the girl in the back up story. I think the characters in these back ups are the team members (it says The End at the of Petras story, not To Be Continued, suggesting it's someone else next issue). When the Mystery Man wakes up, we can see a skeleton nearby. I reckon all the others died, and this gent somehow absorbed all their powers, which explains why he seems to wield telepathics, telekinesis, energy abilities etc etc. Notice the hand that grabs the shuttle. It's no coincidence that we have a back up story featuring someone who can also do that.

Finally got the issue from last week.

And hot **** this was good. Best part was the ending where Sean goes to try and stop the other guy from crashing into the plane with the Blackbird. The guy looks like he got what he wanted. Sean dead. Damn, I can't wait until the third issue. This series is shaping up to be better than I thought. Even loved the part where Havok sees ghosts of Bobby and Lorna kissing and talking. Even the art is good. Beast should still look bigger, but that doesn't really bother me much anymore.

4.5/5

I didn't read issue one but I read number two. This was pretty cool. I don't think it will be thunderbird cause that is too obvious. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:
An X-Man dies next issue.

"There will be people who hate me, I'm sure. There was no plan to kill them, but when I got to that point in the story, I just realized it had to be happen. I was sad, too."
-Ed Bruber on X-Men: Deadly Genesis #3

#5 revealsa the TRUE Summers brother. The cover also shows the villain in his entirety. Though I still don't know who he is.

I'm perilously close to dropping this, 2 issues in. I just can't get interested in it. And a third Summers brother? Stuuuuuuuuupid.

My friend after borrowing my Marvel Masterpiece trade, with the Giant Size issue in it (which is where deadly genesis, kinda follows from), rang me today and told me that there a guy in the shadows after cyclops escapes (after losing his powers, which what has happened in issue 2)
I can't confirm this til i get my book back.... but i thought someone else might have the issue... and confirm this?

roguefan said:
Nope, I can't see it.

The villain is Krakoa I think. After all, in the latest issue Cyclops loses his powers, and that happened while Cyke was on Krakoa in Giant Size X-Men #1.

"I am the third Summers brother... Krakoa!"

I don't even know what the hell I'm talking about.

roguefan said:
Nope, I can't see it.

The villain is Krakoa I think. After all, in the latest issue Cyclops loses his powers, and that happened while Cyke was on Krakoa in Giant Size X-Men #1.

yeah but krakoa is a island tho???........ i think its a bit much.... for a island to change into a human/mutant with strong as powers..... i'm goin to get the trade back.... i didn't think he would lie about the guy in the shadow?

Personally, I think the Krakoa island/mutant turns into person/mutant is idiocy.

The island of Krakoa is/was a mutant island, therefore would losing its powers not turn it into a massive (sentient?) rock?How would the turn to a humanoid come about?Also, Krakoa would know Wolverine.

The X-Men 1.5 team makes the most sense, and at the end of Darwin's back-up it says a woman is waiting for him-Moira gathered the team for Charley?I'm nearly positive this is what happened,the only question I have is whether or not the team was assembled purely for the Krakoa mission, or whether they were a "black-ops" team the whole time and died during the mission?But then would Sage not have been part of it?Or could the originals have been sent in because they failed?

Patriot Mk2 said:
The X-Men 1.5 team makes the most sense, and at the end of Darwin's back-up it says a woman is waiting for him-Moira gathered the team for Charley?I'm nearly positive this is what happened,the only question I have is whether or not the team was assembled purely for the Krakoa mission, or whether they were a "black-ops" team the whole time and died during the mission?But then would Sage not have been part of it?Or could the originals have been sent in because they failed?
That's exactly what I started to think, too, once I read the ending of the back-up.

Also, due to the official ex-mutant list (you can find the thread in this forum), I'm suspecting that it *may* not be Banshee who dies. But maybe.....

Latest posts

Back