X-Men: Deadly Genesis (Discussion Spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
#1 of 6

First of all, HAHAHA COMPOUND! The crash site wasn't even at the mansion. It was more upstate New York. Maybe ya shouldn't have jumped the gun. :wink:

Anyways, it was pretty good the way this started. Not a lot, but enough to show us what's gonna go down. If anyone picks this up and wonders why there's Sentinels hovering, its cuz the gov't now is keeping an eye on the X-Men. So the villain, who was once a good guy, it seems, is from somewhere from Giant Size X-Men #1 time. Wether it was intentional or not, his mutant readings overloaded Cerebra and knocked out Emma, and when Emma showed where the reading came from, that gave a major headache to Kitty. But soon he starts messing with the X-Men, because that's the impression I got when Kitty sees a zombie version of Colossus, and than Nightcrawler thinking people were there to kill him in the woods. Whoever this guy is, he's really pissed. I can't wait to find out why he's pissed, and what else he's gonna do.

On another note, we see Sean Cassiday again. First time I think since after recuperating (sp?) from getting stabbed in the neck by Mystique. He was getting a video link from Hank about some notes that maybe Moira had left somewhere (she's dead, incase anyone forgot or didn't know). He sees a ghost version of Moira and chases her, only to end up finding some video type diaries she had made, one calling the prof. a bastard. What that's going to lead to is with being part of the prof.'s dark secret.

The art was pretty good. I think Hairsine did a good job, though Beast should have been more heavier.

4/5.

Last edited:
Not to shabby...except for the cover price.

So I presume that this girl Petra is supposed to be the one who made the hand come up and grab the shuttle? Is that what is being implied there?

Is Petra an existing character, or is this something new?

UltimateE said:
Not to shabby...except for the cover price.

So I presume that this girl Petra is supposed to be the one who made the hand come up and grab the shuttle? Is that what is being implied there?

Is Petra an existing character, or is this something new?
She's brand new. And I think that's one good assumption, cuz it makes comlete sense.

Also, the cover price comes down to $3.50.

Last edited:
Well then I hope we get an explanation as to why she still has powers.

Or anyone that wasn't there to be protected by Strange's spell, for that matter.

i really friggin hope its not thunderbird. looking at the cover of issue 2, the costume... i can see it being him. i can see the whole secret deal.

iceman said:
i really friggin hope its not thunderbird. looking at the cover of issue 2, the costume... i can see it being him. i can see the whole secret deal.

That was my first guess...but I can't for the life of me remember what his powers were...

I'm thinking Proteus is coming back...

It has to be a more psychic/ish character.

Anyways, It's nice to have a good X-Story on the racks.

4.5/5

selfproclaimed said:
freaking strong...fast...invulnerability...your typical superhero fare

yeah, though a normal explosion kills him.

i personally think its stephen lang, check out uncanny #100 or classic x-men #8, somehow hes got all the "spare" powers/ energy, and brought back to life. hes wearing a similar costume, but when u see him in genesis, its always in the shade.

lesta90 said:
i personally think its stephen lang, check out uncanny #100 or classic x-men #8, somehow hes got all the "spare" powers/ energy, and brought back to life. hes wearing a similar costume, but when u see him in genesis, its always in the shade.
WELCOME! :D

And good thought. But is that tied into Giant Size X-Men #1?

UltimateE said:
That was my first guess...but I can't for the life of me remember what his powers were...
I think Thunderbird is almost everyones first guess. I thought of him, too. But I think that's just..."too easy".

Last edited:
Um, this might sound dumb but maybe the mystery villain is Krakoa? Couldn't Krakoa technically be considered an early form of non-humanoid 'mutant', since it was an evolved version of its species?

compound said:
Um, this might sound dumb but maybe the mystery villain is Krakoa? Couldn't Krakoa technically be considered an early form of non-humanoid 'mutant', since it was an evolved version of its species?
I don't think it'll be Krakoa. I mean, how would the island have turned into a human mutant...?

icemastertron said:
I don't think it'll be Krakoa. I mean, how would the island have turned into a human mutant...?
One last secondary mutation, in defiance of the "counter-evolution" that Wanda's second reality warp caused?

Another possibility -- maybe the spell was targeted at humanoid mutations -- homo superior. So the loose mutant energy was passed onto a non-humanoid being instead? In relation to all that Conservation of Energy stuff that's become a theme of Decimation.

Okay, I really have no basis for saying that. It's not a particularly good idea, from a story-telling perspective, but hey, it ties in with Giant-Size X-Men #1, AND it's consistent with the theme established in the "Dangerous" arc in AXM that...

Professor X is willing to mistreat (arguably enslave) a non-human evolved being, like the Danger Room, for the greater good of human-mutant relations. Perhaps the "dirty secret" part of the solicit is related to how Xavier dealt with Krakoa after it was defeated. (I haven't read it in so long that I don't know if ti was even properly addressed.)

Last edited:
The theory I'm subscribing to is the one that there was another team sent to Krakoa before the All New All Different team. This team failed, and was dispatched of by Krakoa. Cyclops led this original team, and after failing and escaping, had his mind wiped by Prof X and sent in with another team, this time successful. The last we saw of Krakoa was when it was dispatched into space, perhaps with a leftover fragment containing this mystery man.

It's a theory being put around the 'net, and seems to be promising. It explains Cyclops' irrational behaviour in the actual issue, Prof X's dark secret, and also fits in with the cover to issue 4, which features our mystery man, and 3 more figures in the shadows around the Proffesors chair.

Think about it.... when he wakes up on that chunk of rock in space, what does he say? 'It can't be only me'.

Last edited:
Fuzzy Birds said:
The theory I'm subscribing to is the one that there was another team sent to Krakoa before the All New All Different team. This team failed, and was dispatched of by Krakoa. Cyclops led this original team, and after failing and escaping, had his mind wiped by Prof X and sent in with another team, this time successful. The last we saw of Krakoa was when it was dispatched into space, perhaps with a leftover fragment containing this mystery man.

It's a theory being put around the 'net, and seems to be promising. It explains Cyclops' irrational behaviour in the actual issue, Prof X's dark secret, and also fits in with the cover to issue 4, which features our mystery man, and 3 more figures in the shadows around the Proffesors chair.

Think about it.... when he wakes up on that chunk of rock in space, what does he say? 'It can't be only me'.
Sounds interesting.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I'm thinking Proteus is coming back...

It has to be a more psychic/ish character.

Anyways, It's nice to have a good X-Story on the racks.

4.5/5

Can't be, Check out House of M exiles to find out why. And the reason the price was higher was becasue there were more pages than a normal issue.

Latest posts

Back