Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I don't see a single Logan-esque thing in the film. Not even a mention of a mutant in Canada who has regenerative powers. No Wolvie shout-out...no nothing.

So do I, obviously (or at least, I would if I gave a damn about this movie), but the fact is that Fox have had the guy at the forefront of all of their X-movies to the point where they've even sort of asked us to hate the original protagonist of the X-Men story (Cyclops).

It seems bizarre from an economic standpoint that they'd go in such a polar opposite direction. Not that I don't want them to.

I'd like a wolverine mention but not too much. I mean I'd love to see a line where Scott is telling Jean or anyone really about a mutant that saved him so Professor X could find him. Why? 1) it ties Wolverine Origins with this. 2) If Scott doesn't know who the "hero" was and maybe a "I'd like to meet him sometime." type line. It'd add a :lol: I know how those two are together in X-men 1-3 funny moment.

Also it wouldn't distract from film at all just help pull all films together a little.

CBR:

Hitfix reports Bryan Singer may not direct the film after all. Despite last week's article in the LA Times, a source tells Hitfix Fox has been taking meetings with other directors. While no list is provided, Hitfix's Drew McWeeny writes the potential replacements are "good names, guys who either have real experience in the comic book movie medium or who have heavy credibility with fan audiences. Names that would make fanboys happy from the first moment they're announced." Singer's commitments to Warner Bros's "Jack the Giant Killer" and Fox's intended (but undisclosed) release date come into conflict. Should the plan get derailed, Singer is expected to return to the franchise as a director with "X-Men 4."

So he may not direct First Class, but is expected to direct X4? Suuuure.

Going back to do an X-Men movie after Kick-Ass would be a mistake. I hope he moves on to bigger and better things.

so i feel like a moron. I JUST realized that Matthew Vaughn isn't the same person as Brian K Vaughan.

I think every time I read Matthew Vaughn on here or other sites my brain just registered it as BKV.

Oh god it's the same damn problem all over again. Speeding production of the movie, signing Vaughn, and Rothman not being devoured by wolves. This will end badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back