Status
Not open for further replies.
So then this is a complete reboot as opposed to a Prequel to the existing series? Hmmm. I'm not opposed to that.

what makes you think that?

i think the previous movies have established that cyclops, storm, jean, and beast were among the first students.

Last edited:
And a younger Bobby, hopefully. *crosses fingers* :p

i sort of got the feel that he was one of the next generation of students.

I still think they need to do a New X-Men/Young X-Men movie with Iceman, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, and maybe Angel and/or a few others.

i sort of got the feel that he was one of the next generation of students.

I still think they need to do a New X-Men/Young X-Men movie with Iceman, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, and maybe Angel and/or a few others.
It was sort of a joke. But Bobby did say he was there for a 'very long time' at the school, so who knows. But really it's just wishful thought.

CBR:

Pietro Filipponi at Comic Book Movie hears tell of one of my favorite mutants reporting in for the film. "During my most recent conversation with a Marvel Studios source, I was told that one of Professor Xavier's definite students in Fox's X-franchise relaunch, 'First Class', will be Jaime Maddrox [sic], known to most fans as Multiple Man. Considering that this is the same source which clued me in to Benjamin Walker's potential casting as the mutant student Henry McCoy (Beast) several weeks ago, I feel fairly certain this information is viable," he writes. Jaime appeared in my favorite scene from "X-Men 3: The Last Stand." He's an interesting choice to fill out the School for Gifted Youngsters. Avengers News reports Kevin Pennington, linked to several Marvel roles, has been offered the part.

So i just watched Wolverine again yesterday b/c my friend had never seen it. It made me realize that X-Men First Class probably isn't going to make sense as a bridge between that movie and the X-Men trilogy.

Unless they're just changing ALL of the actors (Prof X, Cyclops, Emma Frost).

So i just watched Wolverine again yesterday b/c my friend had never seen it. It made me realize that X-Men First Class probably isn't going to make sense as a bridge between that movie and the X-Men trilogy.

Unless they're just changing ALL of the actors (Prof X, Cyclops, Emma Frost).
They are. Look at the news! :p

so, it's still going to be "in continuity" but with all new actors? (Prof X is the one that throws me for a loop).
Yes. Continuity wise, it will partly take place even before X-Men Origins: Wolverine since for one, that was 15 years before X-Men 1, and two, this is going to also take us through when Magneto & Xavier met when they were young and their friendship until it began to go south. The last part might be a little tricky since they didn't really part ways until after they met up with Jean as a child.

Last edited:
Yes. Continuity wise, it will partly take place even before X-Men Origins: Wolverine since for one, that was 15 years before X-Men 1, and two, this is going to also take us through when Magneto & Xavier met when they were young and their friendship until it began to go south. The last part might be a little tricky since they didn't really part ways until after they met up with Jean as a child.

I would think that the part where Xavier and Magneto meet would be a small part at the beginning of the movie and that most of it would take place between Wolverine and the first X-Men movie. Unless the "first class" isn't going to be Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Storm, etc. (as was implied by the trilogy).

If that's the case, it will be weird to have seen Patrick Stewart as young Xavier in the flashback in X-3 and at the end of Wolverine and then see Mr Tumnus as Xavier for this movie.

EDIT: and apparently some surfer named Erica Hosseini auditioned for the part of Willow (who is from X-Nation 2099)

EDIT AGAIN: this is the only image i could find of Willow
108258-89364-willow_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Banshee's also being looked upon as a character to be used.

At this moment, it's all really confusing how they'll come up with it, continuity wise anyways. I don't really expect much from this as FOX is rushing everything so the movie can be out by June next year. Right now, it could be "as good" as Wolverine or worse.

Banshee's also being looked upon as a character to be used.

At this moment, it's all really confusing how they'll come up with it, continuity wise anyways. I don't really expect much from this as FOX is rushing everything so the movie can be out by June next year. Right now, it could be "as good" as Wolverine or worse.

for real.

Unless they're planning to a "X-Men: First Class 2" or even "3".

Honestly, I think this is a quiet reboot. As to Ice's theory of this being before Wolverine, then why is not only Emma older, but she's no longer Silverfox's sister.

I'm thinking we're going to be getting the Original Five, and Banshee and Emma will be either Erik's minions, or just peripheral villains (remember Banshee and Emma both started as villains).

Honestly, I think this is a quiet reboot. As to Ice's theory of this being before Wolverine, then why is not only Emma older, but she's no longer Silverfox's sister.

I'm thinking we're going to be getting the Original Five, and Banshee and Emma will be either Erik's minions, or just peripheral villains (remember Banshee and Emma both started as villains).

Or maybe we won't see Magneto as a villain at all. I know, it's unlikely, but it would be refreshing to have an X-Men movie without Magneto as the threat.

And I think Emma Frost and the Hellions would make an interesting nemesis for the fledgling X-Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back