X-Men Origins: Wolverine discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate X-Men Origins: Wolverine

• Total voters
Why is did they start calling him Logan? That just came from nowhere.

And scenes with Agent Zero especially. I was thinking that this is like ****ing Wanted.

I'm just guessing here but they might of called him Logan before he was shot by Stryker cause of his real father, Thomas Logan.

Of course, if that were the case where does Creed come from if Thomas' last name wasn't Creed? Mother maybe?

Heck, it's even possible Wolverine's full name was James Logan Howlett.

I also like that Logan fought in four major wars and presumably a bunch of other skirmishes for some reason and was never shot in the head, even when he was to be executed?

Every comment/review I read about this movie on other forums/sites makes me think about how silly and forgettable this movie really is.

Poor Hugh Jackman. :(

I'm just guessing here but they might of called him Logan before he was shot by Stryker cause of his real father, Thomas Logan.

Of course, if that were the case where does Creed come from if Thomas' last name wasn't Creed? Mother maybe?

From what I can remember the character that was Thomas Logan's son in the comics was named "Dog", real name never revealed. Most people just asumed that it was Sabertooth. If that was indeed Sabertooth, Creed could just be an alias. Either to hide who he really is or to help make it harder for Wolverine to remember his past.

As for the movie... again he could just be hiding who he really is or he hated his father so much that he refused to take his name.

Heck, it's even possible Wolverine's full name was James Logan Howlett.

Possible...

Last edited:
How exactly does him shooting Wolverine in the head mess up his memory?

"His brain will grow back but his memories won't."

Or something. It would have been better if he just lost his memory during the procedure.

How exactly does him shooting Wolverine in the head mess up his memory?
Because it's adamantium bullets, they can do more damage to his brain since the those bullets can penetrate the skull, regular bullets can't.

That's just how I explain it going by their logic.

Because it's adamantium bullets, they can do more damage to his brain since the those bullets can penetrate the skull, regular bullets can't.

That's just how I explain it going by their logic.

But he didn't have the adamantium during the wars. So it would of penetrated his skull.

Yeah...but that's not the point of the question. Just referring to what Stryker said.

Thanks. But wouldn't he still have to hit the specific part of the brain that is responsible for memories...I can't remember what it is at this time. My psych teacher would be disappointed. Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this.

Thanks. But wouldn't he still have to hit the specific part of the brain that is responsible for memories...I can't remember what it is at this time. My psych teacher would be disappointed. Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this.
Probably, not sure, though. But what you are saying is using logic. The writers, they just found their 'reason' and went with it. :wink:

:p

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine News.

Okay so apparently there's a third ending. If someone mentioned this I apologize now.

Back at 3 Mile Island someone picks up XI's head and says "Who the hell are you suppose to be?" It is then revealed to be Wade Wilson meaning XI was just a clone or somebody else.

so did anyone actually see this ending?

b/c I saw the one where
he grabs his decapitated head and shhhs the audience
and I have a hard time believing they would do both!

I think the bullet thing means the neurons in his brain will grow back, but they'll be like new cells, and not "programmed" or arranged with long term memories anymore.

In terms of wars, he was wearing metal helmets in all of them, which would stop a bullet from at least penetrating his brain even if it briefly damaged his skull. It's not that hard to believe he just, by chance, never got shot in the head anyway.

Anyway, I liked the movie. It wasn't the kind of deep, complex "high art" the trilogy, in my opinion, pretty much is, but I saw it as kind of a cool way to use a bunch of characters and stuff that the previous films didn't get to fit in. A 7/10 or 3 stars out of 5 from me.

Did anyone else get the fourth ending to the film with Wolverine and the members of Weapon X dancing to Jai Ho?

Did anyone else get the fourth ending to the film with Wolverine and the members of Weapon X dancing to Jai Ho?

No, I got the one where at the end of filming Gavin Hood morphs into Brett Ratner. He walks off laughing hysterically, muttering something about, "I'll show them for thinking that X3 was bad..."

Now my DPFR (Deadpool Fanboy Rage) has subsided, I will give my opinions.

It was average. The first part of the film was well done I thought, general superhuman fun stuff on a par with probably the first X-film. The scenes with Team X in Africa were cool, Wade was how Wade should have been, Victor was a barely contained psycho Logan was as Logan is. Logan leaving for a peaceful life was fine and him going mental when he thinks Victor had killed Silver Fox was cool. In all honesty there was nothing bad about it up until a little after he gets the adamantium bonded to him. The film just suddenly fell apart with random plot contrivances and general bull****. Plus Gambit, who I generally dislike anyway (although his fight with Logan in the alleyway was quite cool, and when Logan elbowed him in the face was quite funny).

Then comes my major issue with the film, the part that caused my previously mentioned DPFR.
WTF?!?!
Why did they feel the need to do that to such a popular character?? Wade in the beginning was well played, Reynolds had him perfect, a sarcastic joker who is pretty damn badass when it comes to it. Then they shuffle off Reynolds and replace him with a stunt double with a lot of makeup on.
Honestly I would have had no issues with giving 'Pool teleporting powers, he briefly got them during Cable and Deadpool after fusing with Cable, and has a teleporting device anyway (essentially its exactly the same as the movie Spider-Man having organic webshooters thing). The blades were silly, they should have just left him with his katanas from the beginning (side note - loved the comment Reynolds-Pool makes about pulling out the swords at his ex-girlfriends wedding). The cyclops power was just ****ing pointless and unnecessary.
AND WHY THE HELL DID THEY STITCH THE MERC WITH A ******* MOUTH'S MOUTH UP?!?!?!

The only point for it I could see was that offhand comment just before the fight where Logan says something like "Well, I guess they finally found a way to shut you up.."
How much cooler would it have been if during the fight Deadpool was constantly talking and joking, considering he wasn't in control of his body, so just kept talking on and on?
The secret ending helps a little with my rage, but only if being beaten down removed all bar the healing factor from him (and maybe teleportation).

No the fourth ending
starts in a dark part of the forrest. Wolverine is hunching over to take a drink out of a river. He sits there for a minute trying to remember what had happened to him and who he was. All of a sudden he stands up and breaks into a song. Just skipping to the beat singing, "It's going to be a brand new day . Cause Sabertooth is goin' to pay. I going to slice and dice my troubles away, hay! I'm hunting in the woods again, with these claws of adamantium and I'm hunting for a friend. Won't you be my friend."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back