X-Men Origins: Wolverine discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate X-Men Origins: Wolverine

• Total voters
This could be pretty cool, but I'd hate to see anyone but Hugh Jackman as Wolvie.

If you went to the link it says it should still be Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine. Though in all honesty I always thought they could have done a liiiiiittle better than JAckman.. unfortunately I dont have anyone im mind..

If you went to the link it says it should still be Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine

Right. I did go to the link. Jackman is probable, but not confirmed. So I said I'd hate to see anyone else. I'm not a huge Hugh Jackman fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I mean what if they would've used someone different from Tobey McGuire in Spider-Man 2? It would be distracting.

Hey guys, I read this in Wizard (this is true I swear) that before X-Men first came out in theatres, James Cameron wanted to direct the movies (that wouldn't have been too bad). But he wanted Russell Crow to play Wolverine.

Can you imagine Crow as Logan? No way!

Yeah I heard that rumor.. I also heard for a while Mel Gibson was someone they wanted... I could see him doing a good job but I kind of dont believe he would be willing to do the part.. unlike Jackman he has YEAAAAAAAAAAARS of hits under his belt.. while Jackman still is relatively newly explored..

I think that there couldn't be anyone better than Jackman to play the role. He fits the look, the attitude, and he even strikes gold with the muscles, you know? Hugh is Wolverine, alright, guys?

Just to annoy you, guys, I never appreciated of Jackman as wolverine.
He just doesn't fit the picture I got of the character after reading years of comic-books about the character.

Well, he does seem to have a more clean shaven look or "air" to him than one might expect, but it's not like we allow dogs to grace the stages of Broadway and we certainly don't allow the desitute become stars...

Well, here's what Lauren Donner says on the Wolverin spin-off:

"Donner: The plan is to do more of an origin story for Wolverine. The first one. If that's successful, my deepest desire – I'm not reflecting Fox but you never know – my deepest desire is after the origin story, which David has worked out beautifully, it's really good – if that works, the second one could be the Mariko, ninja story."

Source: http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=2236

It could be a horrible idea if not handled correctly. Like if they were to stray too far from the X-Men movie version.

Yeah and it would be even worse if the continuity clashes with X3. Which i wouldn't put past people

how important will wolverine be in X-3?

At the end of X-2 wolverine made his choice to forget his past when he left stryker to die. Logan and ProfX could still have session to figure things out but I think they might be running wolverine into the ground. If they go along with the Pheonix storyline then I think Cyclops will play a more important role and get more time on screen. Isn't that how these movies should go anyway each character gets more screentime as the story's focus on different characters?

More News finally suffice.

[IMGL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/icycleman/jackmanwolverine.jpg[/IMGL] After 4 months, we finally have more news on this spin-off movie, with an interview by Newsarma, of the screenplay writer, David Beniof.

WOLVERINE SCREENWRITER KEEPS IT REAL

"Newsarama's friends at Comics Buyer's Guide scores an exclusive interview with Wolverine screenwriter David Benioff in their latest issue (#1605, June 2005). The Troy scribe cops to a life-long obsession with the character, citing 1982's Chris Claremont/Frank Miller limited series as his favorite Wolverine storyline and the moment Logan's adamantium skeleton gets sheared of all flesh by a Sentinel blast in "Days of Future Past (Uncanny X-Men #141-142) as a traumatic moment for his as a kid.

While understandably tight-lipped on details regarding this screenplay (an assignment he calls "living a childhood dream" and aggressively pursued going back as far as 3 years ago), Benioff did tell CBG he's writing Wolverine with Hugh Jackman very much in mind.

"Other than the height, I think Jackman was inspired casting," he tells CBG. "Though, when he was first picked for the role, I thought, "Huh?' at the time, probably along with most Wolverine fans. Now I can't really imagine Wolverine being played by anyone else: Jackman's performance obviates consideration of anyone else for the part."

That said, Benioff did say he wants to "rough" Wolverine/Jackman up a bit, giving him an opportunity to show sides the first two movies didn't afford the character aside from the Mansion invasion scene in X2. Promising his story will be a "bit darker and a bit more brutal", Benioff says he's writing an 'R' script and that Marvel Studios and director (Matthew Vaughn) will have to decide where to go from there.

Finally, Benioff tells CBG that his script and vision stays away from the more "fantastical" elements associated with the X-Men franchise.

"I'm going to stay away from the 'Four Riders' kind of stories and the science fiction stories where he was battling aliens or demons", says the writer. "I'm sticking with something more realistic. Of course it is kind of hard to talk realism when you're speaking about a guy who has adamantium claws popping out of this hands. But my concept of him for this movie is the one I grew up with: He's a gritty character, a tough, working-class Canadian guy who was born with certain special powers and granted more through a series of brutal experiments – for more that's my Wolverine reality. I'm not going too far from that."

The full 3-page interview which details Benioff's thoughts on the character in much greater detail can be read in its entirety in the new issue of CBG, on sale soon at comic book shops and newsstands and arriving in subscriber's mailboxes right now."

From SHH!:

Seed Productions, the newly named producing venture headed by Hugh Jackman and John Palermo, has made a first-look deal at 20th Century Fox, reports Variety. It calls for Seed to steer a David Benioff-scripted spinoff film that Jackman will topline after X-Men 3 wraps.

Jackman and Palermo will produce Wolverine with Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel's Avi Arad.

While Jackman hasn't produced a film yet, he has participated in the behind-the-scenes on "X3." He got a taste of crisis management when helmer Matthew Vaughn abruptly departed and Brett Ratner was hired to replace him.

"It got to be a roller-coaster ride there, but I wasn't worried because the script is so strong," Jackman said. "Matthew had his reasons but helped make the movie better before he left. Brett has come in with a lot of enthusiasm and full understanding of the franchise. It has been a real learning curve, as has been putting together the script on 'Wolverine.' That project is a good start for me as producer, because I have intimate knowledge of the character."

Palermo, who's an executive producer on "X3," said Benioff will turn in his first draft shortly.

icemastertron said:
Seed Productions, the newly named producing venture headed by Hugh Jackman and John Palermo, has made a first-look deal at 20th Century Fox, reports Variety. It calls for Seed to steer a David Benioff-scripted spinoff film that Jackman will topline after X-Men 3 wraps.

Jackman and Palermo will produce Wolverine with Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel's Avi Arad.

While Jackman hasn't produced a film yet, he has participated in the behind-the-scenes on "X3." He got a taste of crisis management when helmer Matthew Vaughn abruptly departed and Brett Ratner was hired to replace him.

"It got to be a roller-coaster ride there, but I wasn't worried because the script is so strong," Jackman said. "Matthew had his reasons but helped make the movie better before he left. Brett has come in with a lot of enthusiasm and full understanding of the franchise. It has been a real learning curve, as has been putting together the script on 'Wolverine.' That project is a good start for me as producer, because I have intimate knowledge of the character."

Palermo, who's an executive producer on "X3," said Benioff will turn in his first draft shortly.

Sweetness.

Latest posts

Back