X-Men Series Discussion (Spoilers)

I'm sorry, I tried to read those interviews but the art made me kill myself. Jesus God.

Caduceus said:
I'm sorry, I tried to read those interviews but the art made me kill myself. Jesus God.
The art is better than before. Much cleaner. Though he keeps drawing Iceman with one messed up head....

And then in #196 the X-Men take possession of their new home and realise that there's a menace already there before them - a menace which is both new and old, and very, very nasty.
Can't wait to see where they go to.

Last edited:
You're kidding right? please be kidding. Half the time, I can only tell who the characters are from their trademarks; they look nothing like their traditional interpretations. There's unique and then there's illegible. Anytime there's more than one single person on the cover, I can't really work out who they are.

Caduceus said:
You're kidding right? please be kidding. Half the time, I can only tell who the characters are from their trademarks; they look nothing like their traditional interpretations. There's unique and then there's illegible. Anytime there's more than one single person on the cover, I can't really work out who they are.
No, I'm not kidding. Comparing the work he's been doing in Uncanny, and the finished pages here to work before like the AoA mini, it's MUCH cleaner. I can who everyone is in his art if they're people we know already.

Why -- why... is Sabretooth the size of The Blob?

ProjectX2 said:
Why -- why... is Sabretooth the size of The Blob?

Cause the art sucks. Which is too bad because this was my pick of the week.

I was gonna give up on the book but I decided to see how Carey would start off so I picked this up and read through. It has this feel to it like a black-ops X-Team. It was a great read.

Sabertooth is on the run from, I think Singularity (from X-Factor), someone's chaseing him down for something he's got. He's talking to some guy in a bar and the hunters track him down there but he's gone. So they don't leave any evidence behind they blow the building up. But one of the mutants, whose power is to either be invisible or track mutants or both walks out of the bar before it detonates and whispers something into a little girls ear. The little girls walks away from the bar right before it blows up.

The X-Men are in some trouble and are fighting some mutant experiment group. Rogue absorbs an unconscious Cyclops and Emma's powers and uses them to save the day by shooting an optic blast through her hand and breaking the blast at all angles hitting everyone.

Iceman and Cannonball are in the labs where they discover they're splicing mutant DNA to see if it can be transfered like a disease. They find Lady Mastermind unconscious and take her back to the mansion.

Sabertooth is found by his hunters and finds he can't heal correctly. He scares them off by setting a bomb off and they go and look for him as he's hiding closer by than they think.

Xavier questions Rogues recklessness but Scott shuts him up pretty quickly and Emma supports Cyclops. Scott commends Rogue and asks her to lead a faction for some more dangerous situations. They talk about Gambit and she says that he'll be back after he realizes he's made a mistake and she'll wait for him. Rogue gets to pick her team and asks for Iceman and Cannonball. She then asks for Mystique, which confuses Scott. Rogue wants to keep her enemies closer more or less.

There's something happening outside and the team heads out. Sabertooth is holding one of the 198 hostage and wants sanctuary.

4.5/5 I'll be reading.

thanks mwof. tell me-- did she give a reason for choosing iceman and cannonball? i know she used to be tight with iceman, but not of late and he has been kind of a douche. basically, was there a reason? or just carey giving some sort of justification?

i paged through it, i didn't think the art was as bad as everyone else thinks, but i can certainly see why they'd not like it. i always thought bachalo would be better working with someone like spider-man. less things to clutter, but enough cool action for him to use his weirdness. i liked him on ultimate war a lot, but not so much in world tour.

iceman's head looks weird. i lurve that they show his panty-things though, it never made sense to me that they'd turn to ice.

If he were depowered by M-Day he would understand how it happened. He specifically asked "What did you do to my powers?" or something like.

MaxwellSmart said:
If he were depowered by M-Day he would understand how it happened. He specifically asked "What did you do to my powers?" or something like.
Yeah, he had asked those people those words. Plus, he isn't on the official depowered list.

Woot!

This was just as good as Uncanny.

Sabertooth was the ****. And so was Rogue.

I used to think Rogue was an awesome character but the way I've seen written in that last while made me lose all interest in her. This issue bought it back. She was very well written. The ending was great.

I am really enjoying Bacholo's art. I like his style, expect for his Iceman. What the hell is wrong with his head. Stab someone with it. I want to see that.

thee great one said:

I am really enjoying Bacholo's art. I like his style, expect for his Iceman. What the hell is wrong with his head. Stab someone with it. I want to see that.
Yeah, I'm not liking that either. And in the issue he drew him like some body or something. That's the only thing I didn't like about him in the issue. And he seems to be getting a little bit messy again. Nothing too bad (for me anyways).

Last edited:

Iceman's dead.

5/5

Joking.

Good issue. Northstar and his sister at the end was wicked awesome. I'm very confused on the bad guys though. I don't know who the hell they are and I keep hearing Singularity, which would be way cool.

Sabertooth unwilling to be interoggated was nice and I'm really gonna like him on the team.

I'm lost with Lady Mastermind and the other chick. I'm trying to keep up with these X-references but it's a lot of work.

Still good read. And I'm expecting it to go downhill at somepoint but right now it's solid.

3.5/5

The new bad guys here are brand new characters.

I also liked the interrogation scene with Sabes. That was funny and what Iceman did reminded me when he did the same thing to Wolverine back in X-Men #50 (Fighting Onslaughts 'herald', Post [<- Dead[]). I'm wondering what these guys really want and with them using Northstar and Aurora, it's going to be very interesting. Especially on the note Carey ended this issue in.

Now, I wonder if Mystique would ever honestly feel remorse of ANY kind. We all know she's a master liar, but that face she had when Sam left the room...it had me wondering.

Carey is doing a great job with all this. 4/5

Ice said:
The new bad guys here are brand new characters.

I also liked the interrogation scene with Sabes. That was funny and what Iceman did reminded me when he did the same thing to Wolverine back in X-Men #50 (Fighting Onslaughts 'herald', Post [<- Dead[]). I'm wondering what these guys really want and with them using Northstar and Aurora, it's going to be very interesting. Especially on the note Carey ended this issue in.

Now, I wonder if Mystique would ever honestly feel remorse of ANY kind. We all know she's a master liar, but that face she had when Sam left the room...it had me wondering.

Carey is doing a great job with all this. 4/5

I think this is better than Uncanny. I like how Bachalo's Mystique & Rogue looks. Wolverine's part about Sabertooth was perfect. And the returned of the evil Northstar. And now has his sister. I was hoping no one forgot about him.

Latest posts

Back