X-Men Series Discussion (Spoilers)

thee great one said:

I think this is better than Uncanny. I like how Bachalo's Mystique & Rogue looks. Wolverine's part about Sabertooth was perfect. And the returned of the evil Northstar. And now has his sister. I was hoping no one forgot about him.
Evil Northstar makes me worried that the all world's superpowered homosexuals will rise up and kill the rest of us...

Don't think they aren't planning something. This whole marriage thing is just a distraction.

spoiler:

BOBBY SHOWED HIS POWERS! AND PEOPLE ACKNOWLEDGED IT! granted, it was his best friend, beast, saying it, and granted, his powers didn't really help him in the fight, and granted, he was very much weakened after.

BUT IN SHORT, IT SHOWS THAT YES, BOBBY CAN PUT HIMSELF BACKTOGETHER FROM VAAAPOR!

"Vaporize the Earth into... Vapor!" -- Bizarro Murphy

Good issue.

Bobby get's vaporized.

Basically it's a fightfest until Northstar makes his way to the holding area where Sabertooth is. A former student of his welcomes him back and he gets "confused" he knocks the kid out and proceeds to find Sabertooth. Rogue steps in the way and they go at it. He's about to kill Rogue when Cable comes out of nowhere and knocks him out.

Mystique approaches Aoura as herself and messes with her. As she begins to go more crazy she almost kills Mystique when Bobby steps in to save the day. He falls because he's pretty exhausted and Mystique gives him mouth to mouth (cover).

They evil chick, knowing she's losing the battle here, becomes invisible and infiltrates the mansion.

They ask why Cable's there. He says because the sun went dark and a lot of people lost power so he wanted to see what was up. *Although this seems like a halfassed excuse to bring him into the book and his presence doesn't flow very well.

Cable offers to talk to Sabertooth and Creed gives up the information on "The Children of The Vault". This scene was awesome. Cable and Sabertooth were bumping foreheads and the chemistry between the two was great. I want to see more of this.

Beast is working on Bobby who "pulled himself together" ugh... :roll:

The evil chick hacks into Lady Mastermind (still unconscious) and starts to mess with Cannonball's head.

4/5

I liked this issue. I didn't like Bobby blowing up and pulling himself back together. Seems a little contrived, but that's just nitpicking. I liked Mystique doing the right thing while complaining that no one was around to see it. It's a nice character touch. I also liked Cable and Sabertooths interaction. The more I see this team together the more excited I become about this book.

Anyone know how long are the Lady Mastermind and Shapandar are sticking around? Their not gonna be part of the team are they?

Last edited:
in ice form he's made out of thinking water-vapor, and his main power is controlling (specifically, lowering) the temperature of water. i don't see how it is contrived.

the guy is a big mass of thinking water (ever see ice-organs in that see-through body of his?), bets heated, then uses his power to cool himself down again.

iceman said:
in ice form he's made out of thinking water-vapor, and his main power is controlling (specifically, lowering) the temperature of water. i don't see how it is contrived.

the guy is a big mass of thinking water (ever see ice-organs in that see-through body of his?), bets heated, then uses his power to cool himself down again.
I stand corrected.

For some reason i did not like this issue. It was just boring to me. The characters involved just didnt seem interesting in this issue.

Carey's hitting this into the park. I love it. Cable and Sabertooth was the best scene.

You would think that The Sentinels would get the hint when they get tricked and defeated every other day.

How many ways can you make a mutant... not a mutant?

Wasn't as good as the others but still good. Why is Cable on this team again?

Sabertooth goes on about how he got into the situation to begin with. He was hired by men who wanted to kill themselves. One of the scientists wussed out and revealed why they wanted to kill themselves. There is a high tech boat that's sealed off in international waters. Saberooth and his buddy go to inspect it on Nov 2 (M-Day). His friend lost his powers and ends up killed by this "Children of the Vault". Now who are the Vault Kids? They're human beings. What's so special about the ship is that whoever is inside of it lives like the world outside is traveling through time. So they're evolved humans. (mutants but not modern day mutants).

Wolverine saves Guntherie from the hypnosis. The chick who was utilizing Lady Mastermind's powers wanted to have sex for the first time and was seducing Sam in his head. When Sam starts to not figure how his life is the way it is, she says he's not supposed to be able to feel that there are empty parts in his life. That's where we see Wolverine behind her has cut one of the wires that connected her to Lady Mastermind. She escapes. (I know... lame)

The X-Men decide to find the ship but it's revealed the children have it able to fly not and are heading toward land to cause mass destruction.

3/5

Henry or Bachalo?
Ramos.

Exhibit A-
XMEN194cvrcol.jpg

Latest posts

Back