X-Men Series Discussion (Spoilers)

I love his... shall we say his sense of preportions.
It is nice.
I feel like this story should have a darker artist like Hairsine, Maleev, one of the few X-Factor artists they've had so far...

This goofy cartoon **** just isn't appropriate for such a story that's based on a "covert X-Team".
I don't mind the choice of artists at all. The lack of 'darkness' hasn't bothered me.
Never mind. I was making a big boobs joke.
I got it.
That Ramos cover kicks ***.
Agreed.

I finally read the first four issues.

This is great. I'm not sure if I like it more than Uncanny X-Men, but it's up there. I love the artists working on this. Bachalo does some great work, and Henry and Ramos look awesome. Plus, the Children of the Vault are wicked.

I'm glad the X books are finally good.

I'm not doing a summary. I'm taking a nap before Lost.

I like this but I do not like Rogue as a leader still. Cable joining makes little sense considering everything going on in C/DP but it's cool to see him there. Mystique with Cable's line about what the word means in the future and her relationship with Rogue is probably one of my favorites on the team. Good issue but the fight was hard to follow because of the artist. Sneaking up on the X-Mansion like that.... very cool.

3.5/5

Just got 192 today. I like Bachalo's art a lot in this issue. They finally explain how Sabertooth could ever possibly be an X-Man, and it actually makes sense. Carey is turning Rogue into a hardcore ***** and I like it. I don't even really know who Lady Mastermind is, but she's entertaining. Sam and Bobby don't get much time, until Bobby gets melted again that is. How many times are they gonna do that? Cable and Mystique's convo about the future and her relationship with Rogue were awesome.

4/5

Last edited:
Marvel.com has preview sketches and more at the bottom for X-Men.

It looks like Exodus will be returning. First time back since....*looks around*....

since Chuck Austen had used him to start a new Brotherhood.

Bet I can guess what he's up to...

Reinstate one of Magneto's children as rular of a new Avalon.

Or something. I don't know.

Issue begins with Beast examining the walking corpse from 191. Cyclops tells him they have an emergency situation. He, Emma, and the rest of the Astonishing crew are out on the front lawn with the students staring at the Conquistador floating above. The sentinels take off to attack it but are beaten back by a force field.

The children gloat over Rogue's defeated X-men and plan to attack the mansion.

Being an idiot, Wolverine decides that despite the Sentinels failure he should be able to break through with the fastball special. It fails. Shocking.

A little more gloating from the children and part of the boat blows up. Their solar power is cut and the boat can't attack anymore. Rogue reveals that the Cable that's been captured is really Mystique and the real Cable is responsible for the explosion. Fight breaks out. The X-men do better for themselves than last time. Sabertooth gets the drop on Sarafina only to get those new nanites in his system used against him. Lady Mastermind tricks Fuego into torching some of his teammates. Cannonball reluctantly saves Sabertooth and takes down Sarafina. Bobby comes back from the dead again and ices Fuego. Might have killed him. Sangre tries to fly the boat into the mansion, but Cannonball and some sentinels hold it up while Mystique kills him and escapes the explosion into Bobby's arms.

Later the boat hangs in the sky over the institute and Sabertooth walks up to Sam to remind him that gratitude is for chumps by threatening to kill him. Cyclops congratulates Rogue on a job well done and she says that her team is leaving.

Elsewhere it seems that the majority of the children escaped leaving dead bodies in the ship to fool the X-Men. Menacing statements abound as we close out the arc.

4/5 - Good end to good arc.

If the Bachalo's not your cup of tea there is a new artist starting next arc, you should give this book a try.

This was really good. For some reason, I really like Bachalo's art now.

I gave up on this after the Blood Of Apocolypse arc, because I thought the art was sucky. That was months ago. I still think the art's....not what I prefer, but I was wondering if this was a good series to get back in to? Or should I go for Astonishing (which I heard was the best X book out there) or Uncanny? I have an urge for some mutants, and as good as UXM is at the moment, the Ultimate universe has been something of a large disappointment.

I gave up on this after the Blood Of Apocolypse arc, because I thought the art was sucky. That was months ago. I still think the art's....not what I prefer, but I was wondering if this was a good series to get back in to? Or should I go for Astonishing (which I heard was the best X book out there) or Uncanny? I have an urge for some mutants, and as good as UXM is at the moment, the Ultimate universe has been something of a large disappointment.

Astonishing is the best, followed by Uncanny, and then this. All are very good though.

I thought it ended well. It did seem like they found these guys achilles heel a little to quickly, though. I think this is definitely Carey's best book.

Latest posts

Back