Y: The Last Man - series discussion (spoilers)

Read Vol. 6: Girl on Girl

Great story. Loved how they were smuggling drugs. Dr. Mann/355 seemed a bit forced but definitely hott. I don't like the looks of Yorick's feelings towards 355 either. At first I thought Vaughan was smart enough to keep them at a safe relationship. But it really looks like Yorick might like her. I hope the pirate joins the party. The Beth one shot was gold.

5/5

TheManWithoutFear said:
Read Vol. 6: Girl on Girl

Great story. Loved how they were smuggling drugs. Dr. Mann/355 seemed a bit forced but definitely hott. I don't like the looks of Yorick's feelings towards 355 either. At first I thought Vaughan was smart enough to keep them at a safe relationship. But it really looks like Yorick might like her. I hope the pirate joins the party. The Beth one shot was gold.

5/5

Did you get anything... foreshadowing? :wink:

I haven't bought a trade since the 4th one. So I don't know what goes where, but I do know what happened since I've been buying the book faithfully ever since I put down the trade. The Mann/355 thing is good but I really like the Yorick/355 thing better. I don't really want them to get together or anything but the sexual tension keeps you turning pages. It's kinda like the X-Files thing, you know. Anyway this last issue with Hero and Beth was crazy, he got her pregnant. I was shocked. I was hooked till the end, and then I had to read it a few more times to get the whole letter thing. Anyway like I've said over and over again. It's one of the best books out right now. There's only 20 left...

I just got my hands on 43? I thought it was really good. It starts out with them in some port city in Japan, and they seem to have started to get a signal on Amp signal. so they split off into two teams, 355/Yorick/bonny (the female monkey) and then Doc/Rose

355 and Yorick get to talking and I liked when Yorick makes the comment "we don't like people for their similarities, but for the things they hate" (something like that, I'll edit when I get home) and then he has 355 (who now has longer hair it seems) list off things that she hates, Yorick also agrees with her on almost all of them. The last thing she list I thought was funny "and I also hate Ninjas"

Dr. Mann and Rose head off the country to find her Chinese Mother, and Rose keeps asking her for more info about how Doc's Jap dad met her Chinese mother.....blah, blah, blah they hug/they kiss, and they find Older Doc Manns house burning.

There also another part, im gonna leave it out, its something you have to read and see to understand. It has to do with where they found the monkey signal.

Yes! If the last page is true, I have been correct this whole time!

nigma said:
correct about what man?

That there is another man alive, and not some hologram type thing. Hopefully.

ProjectX2 said:
I'm curious as to "Doctor M" is. It seems to be applying it is Dr. Mann's mother, and I've seen some people say it's Dr. Mann. I think it would be really exciting and mysterious if it showed a cliifhanger as it being a man. Imagine if Dr. Mann's father figured out a way to make himself survive the plague.

There we go. :wink:

ProjectX2 said:
That there is another man alive, and not some hologram type thing.
Yea right. We all know it's going to be a girl, or a robot. Or a girl robot.

ultimatedjf said:
With R0808008S?

No! Get out of this thread with your violating Marvel talk, you frolicking dirt child!

i didn't get issue 42 until today. so the monkey that Yorick got was not the trainer monkey. it got switched at the airport in the delivery processes. with a monkey from Doc M. that had been inserted with ?sperm? (i think it might have just been female juice) that would explain why the male monkey survived along with yorick.

I figure that, by the time Yorick finds Beth or whatever, she's going to reveal to him that she was going to break up with him over the phone in #1.

Hell, I dunno.

I've only read up to #34, and I did that in a damned hurry.

Maybe I missed something, ha. Or just haven't gotten to it.

Yeah i thought it would be one of those.... but after seeing her in the "girl on girl" arc, she didn't look pregnant.... so i thought, she must have been wanting to break up, or say shes a lesbien

jeremiahvedder said:
Hell, I dunno.

I've only read up to #34, and I did that in a damned hurry.

Maybe I missed something, ha. Or just haven't gotten to it.

no you didn't, there are two different beths, one that that yorick loves and one he banged.

Latest posts

Back