Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

icemastertron said:
Eh...no way. Why would they make her Pym's daughter JUST BECAUSE she can grow? :sure:

I know I was just messing, but still if ant-man could only shrink and when did he get his powers? So how can it be that "Ant-Girl" can grow

René said:
I know I was just messing, but still if ant-man could only shrink and when did he get his powers? So how can it be that "Ant-Girl" can grow
Ok, remember she's 14? "I'm 15....in June". So meaning she recently just hit puberty, meaning she didn't know she had any powers, implicating that she didn't know she was a mutant. And remember she said Ant-Girl before she grew to the tall size.

icemastertron said:
Ok, remember she's 14? "I'm 15....in June". So meaning she recently just hit puberty, meaning she didn't know she had any powers, implicating that she didn't know she was a mutant. And remember she said Ant-Girl before she grew to the tall size.

Ok. I was just suggestion trying to get a conversation going. I wanna see what else Vision did.

Cassie Lang was known to be Scott Lang's before he stole the ant-man equipment (which he did because he was trying to save her life (she had a heart condition and the doctor who could save her was kidnapped.))

Both Ant-Man and Giant-Man technology use pym particles to cause size changes, so she could have developed a growth power from being exposed to them during her father's career as a hero. However, it's doubtful that her powers come from a mutant gene because she was born before her father turned to crime and took the ant-man suit, and having it as a "coincidence" would be really lame.

So your saying that????

A) Scott Lang isnt her father

B) She's a Mutant

C) She was tested with at a young age to see if she would get powers

René said:
So your saying that????

A) Scott Lang isnt her father

DigiEmissary said:
Cassie Lang was known to be Scott Lang's before he stole the ant-man equipment (which he did because he was trying to save her life (she had a heart condition and the doctor who could save her was kidnapped.))

René said:
B) She's a Mutant

DigiEmissary said:
However, it's doubtful that her powers come from a mutant gene because she was born before her father turned to crime and took the ant-man suit, and having it as a "coincidence" would be really lame.

René said:
C) She was tested with at a young age to see if she would get powers
That one wasn't even mentioned.

Does that help?

Young Avengers # 3 Discussion (Spoilers)

Good stuff.

Patriots Origins = Awesome. The kid actually resents Captain America. And for a good reason.
What about the other two. What about Mini-Hulk and Mini-Thor :arrgh:

I wasn't thrilled with the end and how they didn't believe the kids... I mean cmon... cmon... you have to believe the kids. Iron Lad, brought Vision back... sort of... And when those robot things recognized Iron Lad as the master... what more proof do you need?

Also, "The Avengers Failsafe Program" F'n genius and awesomeness.

Touching moment between Cassie and Tony...

Awesome last panel. Can't wait for the battle with Kang.

Alright, here's the breakdown:

Cassie Lang:
E, I know you'll be super glad, that Cassie isn't a mutant. Though even if she was, there's nothing wrong with it, or the idea. She had been taking a lot of Pym Particles, which now gave effect, and had her grow.

Asgardian (Billy Kiplin) & Hulking (Teddy Altman):
Both seem to be mutants at the moment, as Asgardian can generate electricity, and sometype of wave that causes confusion or something. Not sure. Hulkling has super strength.

Patriot (Real name not revealed):
His name may not have been given away, but we know that he's the grandson of the ORIGINAL Captain America, Isiah Bradley. Isiah had his daughter (Patriots mother) before he got the super soldier serum, so Patriot didn't get it through birth. A while ago, Patriot was in an accident, and lost a lot of blood. His grandfathers was the only match.

As for the issue itself, definetly a banged-up action excellence. Loved the fight with the Growing Man, and how Iron Lad got control of the situation at the end. I'm also pissed that they weren't believed. I'm really shocked at Captain America for not believing, even when the evidence was given to them. I can't wait to read more. This is really one of my favorites to read now.

WOW!!!!! I didnt see that coming... I loved it all. The fight is going to be so awesome. I had forgotten about the black Captain America.

Here's my theory on Hulkling, he is a decendet of Rick Jones... the kid that Hulk saved when the bomb went off. And somehow the Radiation was set off Teddy

I'm getting one hell of a cool vibe off this book. I mean Patriot's origin is beyond perfect. And Kang/Vision/Iron Lad. Booyeah.

Anyone else geting the feeling that Bishop is going to put on the archer togs?

I read this at the comic shop today. It was good. Real good.

As stated before, Patriot's origin is perfect.

I agree with you guys - this was a really good issue. The explanations make sense, and I disagree with MwoF because I would think it's perfectly normal for Cap to not believe them.

Glad Cassie isn't a mutant - THAT would have been a copout. Likewise, I hope Asgardian and Hulkling aren't either.Mutants are just too convenient - there's been a lot of hype behind their origins and having them be mutants would be a huge downer.

UltimateE said:
Glad Cassie isn't a mutant - THAT would have been a copout. Likewise, I hope Asgardian and Hulkling aren't either.Mutants are just too convenient - there's been a lot of hype behind their origins and having them be mutants would be a huge downer.
So how would you explain their powers?

icemastertron said:
So how would you explain their powers?
WEll, they need to have links to the original Avengers in some way. For Hulkling it could be as simple as She-Hulks "Gamma blood transfusion", or something like my favorite "Geneticaly altered fanboy from the future", though with Kangs involvment already formed I doubt it will be. So how about we go simple. He's the illegetimate son of Rick Jones, who in his musician days probably slept around a bit. The regular Negative Zone expose he had stabalized the gamma particles in his system, but they were passed on in his seed to his son, the newly christined Hukling.

Now Ausgaurdian is a bit more troublesom. You need a connection to a Thor style character, but with people like Thunderstrike or Loki commonly popping up at the time it need not be Thor himself. How about he was chosen by Loki to be a weapon against Thor sometime down the line, being empowered at birth. Unfortunatly with the events of Ragnarok in the Thor series Loki wasn't able to be present to rear Ausgaurdian into maturity, so he's now fighting under Ausgaurds banner?

Baxter said:
Now Ausgaurdian is a bit more troublesom. You need a connection to a Thor style character, but with people like Thunderstrike or Loki commonly popping up at the time it need not be Thor himself. How about he was chosen by Loki to be a weapon against Thor sometime down the line, being empowered at birth. Unfortunatly with the events of Ragnarok in the Thor series Loki wasn't able to be present to rear Ausgaurdian into maturity, so he's now fighting under Ausgaurds banner?

Neil Gaiman was supposed to resurrect Thor by having the new Thor get his powers from a piece of Asgard fallen to Earth. That fell through - maybe they used it here.

UltimateE said:
Neil Gaiman was supposed to resurrect Thor by having the new Thor get his powers from a piece of Asgard fallen to Earth. That fell through - maybe they used it here.
I doubt it. Ausgaurdian doesn't seem to know how he got his powers, and I think I read that Miller wanted to launch the new Thor comic using Gaimens permise. Lemmie see if I can't find the thread on Millerworld.

Latest posts

Back