Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

They should let Geoff Johns take over and run with Heinberg's Young Masters of Evil idea.

Totally disagree that Heinberg is the only man for the job... Its too bad that DC stole McKeever, because he would be absolutely perfect... BKV would also do quite well, but I dont think he'd go for it so soon after dropping Runaways

If Geoff Johns doesn't renew his exclusive DC contract (which I hope he doesn't, i want GJ on some Marvel books), project is right, he -would- be the perfect man for the Job.

Joss Whedon's comic writing isn't flying so high with me right now, so I wouldn't be thrilled about him writing it...

Hmm... There are definitely other people for the job... But I just wish that Heinberg would take on a co-writer or something... With Heinberg plotting, I wouldn't mind Bendis doing it, because Bendis is really great with dialogue and characterization, he just sucks hardcore at plot, because he feels this idiotic need to top himself which leaves us with one Deus Ex Machina after another, and last page revelations like Dr. Magnetopus, Wolfman MJ, and Skrullektra.

Nope... I've got it.

FRANK MILLER'S YOUNG AVENGERS! :D

Young Avengers fans, forget Heinberg again:

A fan asked about Young Avengers. Brevoort said that fans who want an ongoing series that picks up where the first volume left off are "going to have to continue to wait I'm afraid."

But he and Cebulski announced that there will be a five issue mini-series in January that will focus on the Young Avengers, with each issue done by a different writer and ocusing on a different one or two characters. The writers will be:

Ed Brubaker - Patriot in #1.
Brian Reed - Hulkling meeting Captain Mar-vell in #2.
Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa - Wiccan and Speed in #3.
Paul Cornell - The Vision in issue #4.
"We haven't said who's doing the fifth issue. So there will be more Young Avengers stuff on the way."

Heinberg should just get his *** into gear and write it. Is he even doing anything anymore?

Also, what happened to Loeb and Finch's Young Avengers: World War Hulk special?

Two things:

1. When is Billy gonna figure out that his superpower is to have whatever he wants come true? He's insanely powerful. I bet some of the adult Avengers (especially Iron Man, 'cause he's a FUTURIST!) already figured it out.

2. I read about the Last Avengers Story on www.marvunapp.com. Tommy is the Sorcerer Supreme and Billy is the Grim Reaper and a crazy murderer. Do you think it should be connected to Young Avengers or just ignored? It seems to be pretty obscure.

Two things:

1. When is Billy gonna figure out that his superpower is to have whatever he wants come true? He's insanely powerful. I bet some of the adult Avengers (especially Iron Man, 'cause he's a FUTURIST!) already figured it out.

2. I read about the Last Avengers Story on www.marvunapp.com. Tommy is the Sorcerer Supreme and Billy is the Grim Reaper and a crazy murderer. Do you think it should be connected to Young Avengers or just ignored? It seems to be pretty obscure.

it'll probably just be ignored. But it wouldn't be bad to explore if one or the other dies and they revert back to those forms.

I've been wondering lately how a Young Masters of Evil would work out.

Most likely Kang works with a time-altered Iron Lad and forms the team using candidates from the Avengers failsafe program (or maybe picking some up from alternate timelines). They could also have them all in the same place Tommy was being tested and trained.

As for what young versions we'd see...I'd like to see young versions of Namor, Absorbing Man, Black Knight, and maybe Mephisto and Enchantress. Also, there could be a guy who was intended to replace Hawkeye, who became the young Taskmaster.

I thought we were going to see children from various villains being formed by Kang...

I've been wondering lately how a Young Masters of Evil would work out.

Most likely Kang works with a time-altered Iron Lad and forms the team using candidates from the Avengers failsafe program (or maybe picking some up from alternate timelines). They could also have them all in the same place Tommy was being tested and trained.

As for what young versions we'd see...I'd like to see young versions of Namor, Absorbing Man, Black Knight, and maybe Mephisto and Enchantress. Also, there could be a guy who was intended to replace Hawkeye, who became the young Taskmaster.

I dont think mephisto was ever a "kid"...do demons even have child hoods?

i would like a young Zemo....I mean Helmut did have a wife maybe they had a kid and he doesnt know.

Or young Kang takes a bunch of young villains like Dr.Doom as a kid ....or Loki or the young wrecking crew.

I dont think mephisto was ever a "kid"...do demons even have child hoods?

i would like a young Zemo....I mean Helmut did have a wife maybe they had a kid and he doesnt know.

Or young Kang takes a bunch of young villains like Dr.Doom as a kid ....or Loki or the young wrecking crew.

I'm sorry, when I said "young versions" I meant like analougues.

EX: Patriot is a young version of Captain America, Wiccan a young version of Thor and Scarlet Witch, etc.

After reading a few trades of Cable & Deadpool, I was thinking about the Civil War issue where Cable defects from Cap's side. It seemed ridiculous to me that Cable, who is quite literally Psychic Future Jesus, was treated as so irrelevant that he did nothing of import and when he defected, had to stand outside in the rain with Nighthawk and Stature, who's fourteen and not all that powerful.

But then it occurred to me that that's not how Cable would see it. In the first volume (maybe the first issue), he's staying at a hotel, working on the A plot. A man comes up with room service and wonders why Cable keeps ordering food. Cable explains to the man that they're both mutants, tells him where he can find help controlling his powers, and basically turns the guy's life around for no other reason than that he can. To Cable, no one is irrelevant. He attacks the evil in the world in grand cosmic battles, but he also takes the time to help individuals, no matter how unimportant they might seem.

And that's why Stature's issue of the upcoming miniseries should have had her (and Nighthawk, I suppose) talking to Cable when they defected with him. It could potentially be the greatest thing ever.

Right now, Stature is stupid and a traitor, but she's not an unusable character. She's so redeemable, if only a good author would make the effort.

Also, I'm sick of characters recovering from every injury with no obvious signs. I think the only character who's maintained a serious, recent injury when appearing in multiple titles is Oracle. That's why Stature should have a car scar from her girlfight with Ms. Marvel.

So, Cassie + life-changing talk with Cable in between panels + scar/broken jaw/missing teeth/any effects at all from car in the face = insanely awesome = I forgive Cassie for being a stupid traitor.

Cable's not important to Captain America. He can find other guys with the mutant power to shoot big guns.

After reading a few trades of Cable & Deadpool, I was thinking about the Civil War issue where Cable defects from Cap's side. It seemed ridiculous to me that Cable, who is quite literally Psychic Future Jesus, was treated as so irrelevant that he did nothing of import and when he defected, had to stand outside in the rain with Nighthawk and Stature, who's fourteen and not all that powerful.

But then it occurred to me that that's not how Cable would see it. In the first volume (maybe the first issue), he's staying at a hotel, working on the A plot. A man comes up with room service and wonders why Cable keeps ordering food. Cable explains to the man that they're both mutants, tells him where he can find help controlling his powers, and basically turns the guy's life around for no other reason than that he can. To Cable, no one is irrelevant. He attacks the evil in the world in grand cosmic battles, but he also takes the time to help individuals, no matter how unimportant they might seem.

And that's why Stature's issue of the upcoming miniseries should have had her (and Nighthawk, I suppose) talking to Cable when they defected with him. It could potentially be the greatest thing ever.

Right now, Stature is stupid and a traitor, but she's not an unusable character. She's so redeemable, if only a good author would make the effort.

Also, I'm sick of characters recovering from every injury with no obvious signs. I think the only character who's maintained a serious, recent injury when appearing in multiple titles is Oracle. That's why Stature should have a car scar from her girlfight with Ms. Marvel.

So, Cassie + life-changing talk with Cable in between panels + scar/broken jaw/missing teeth/any effects at all from car in the face = insanely awesome = I forgive Cassie for being a stupid traitor.

I'm assuming this happened in the Ms. Marvel series?

Yeah. She also came real close to getting sold into slavery by Puppet Master.

And just recently in Avengers: The Initiative, Eric O'Grady told filthy lies about her dad, leading her to try and stomp him. It ended up being a giant fight where he distracted her by yelling "Oh, the humanity! You just stepped on Stingray!", hitting her in the face with a bus, and then yelling "Who's your daddy now?!". Then, when Taskmaster took down her, Eric, and Hank Pym, Eric and Hank landed on top of her.

This introduces two new theories:

1) It's Everybody Pick on Cassie Month in the MU, so the Young Avengers will forgive her for betraying them because her life sucks so much.

2) What with this and the annual that could've re-masked Spider-Man, Dan Slott is very nicely using A:I to introduce ways for authors to erase other author's mistakes.

Latest posts

Back