Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

This was a good read. I was fearing that Hulkling would go into space, and I thought that would make it seem too similar to Runaways, but he didn't, and it was a good twist.

I'll be looking forward to more of this.

I really can't wait for the young avengers vs runaways :twisted:

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Young Avenger is a great reading, i just dont get it why Speed wasnt in Civil War 2
Yes, that's rather strange, as they spoiler Patriot's power-up in that issue, so why not spoil the new character? Of course, it could also be that SHIELD had a bit of dofficulty in capturing a speedster. And he's probably the blanked-out character in the YA/Runaways previews - unavoidably spoiling something in an issue is one thing, spoiling it in a preview is another...

The lateness of the issue causes a bunch of other problems, too - you'd think Pietro, waking up in New York after House of M, would have taken a look at the "Young Avengers" headlines in the paper, eyed a white-haired speedster dressed in green in a group that had a spell-caster, and had a pretty good idea who they might be, however improbable it might seem. You'd also think that the House of M plans of the Avengers, in going to Genosha, would have included Billy and Tommy, as Wanda might like to know her children are, somehow, not dead and magically aged to late teenhood.

And, man, that better NOT be Clint Barton in that DD suit, because if CW #2 was actually the first meeting between Kate and Clint, I am going to feel seriously cheated...

Wouldn't 'speed' if he can run fast..... be able to out run the shield agents and maybe hide.....?
I know thats a lame way to explain him not being there..... but most logical

Shihad said:
Wouldn't 'speed' if he can run fast..... be able to out run the shield agents and maybe hide.....?
I know thats a lame way to explain him not being there..... but most logical

Also the most popular on the net. I really hope Marvel knows better than to just think we're happy we're not being spoiled and not have the stories match up in regards to continuity.

I love when people were pissed because they know Patriot is powered up again because of Civil War. Well too ****in' bad. I, for one, would like my stories to make sense. Even if it means sacraficing the "surprises".

3/5 - good ending, a little corny but it didn't really detract from the comic.

I really enjoyed this series, particularly the last half of it and the whole background/history/origin of Hulkling. Very well done.

I agree with Rhyo that you can really tell that Hienberg likes these characters and is enjoying writing this book. Some people don't care whether or not the author loves his characters as long as the story is good, but I like it much better when it's obvious they do. Compare the feeling of this book in that regard to, say, Warren Ellis on UFF. As much as I love Ellis's work I almost felt like I was doing him a favor by reading his UFF - not at all the case with this.

I hope the creative team returns and we get more of this.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I love when people were pissed because they know Patriot is powered up again because of Civil War. Well too ****in' bad. I, for one, would like my stories to make sense. Even if it means sacraficing the "surprises".

I know it wasn't the reader's fault that they got spoiled about Patroit being powered up in civil war 2....... i'd say it was the writer's fault because young avengers arc was meant to be finished ages ago.
And if the writers actually got there stuff out on time, this wouldn't happen.
And they couldn't delay Civil War Event because 1 issue wasn't out

To be off topic but i think Ultimates 12 or 13 is going to maybe spoil Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine if it is all in continuity kinda like this???

E said:
3/5 - good ending, a little corny but it didn't really detract from the comic.

I really enjoyed this series, particularly the last half of it and the whole background/history/origin of Hulkling. Very well done.

I agree with Rhyo that you can really tell that Hienberg likes these characters and is enjoying writing this book. Some people don't care whether or not the author loves his characters as long as the story is good, but I like it much better when it's obvious they do. Compare the feeling of this book in that regard to, say, Warren Ellis on UFF. As much as I love Ellis's work I almost felt like I was doing him a favor by reading his UFF - not at all the case with this.

I hope the creative team returns and we get more of this.

Indeed. The entire run so far has been origins stories of an entire team.....and it still better than most solo origin stories.

Shihad said:
I

To be off topic but i think Ultimates 12 or 13 is going to maybe spoil Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine if it is all in continuity kinda like this???
What's to spoil? Hulk survives his encounter with Wolverine and is in control. It's like you're not expecting the good guy to walk away with the big "W". It's not "spoiling" anything from the story.

as a whole the issue was pretty good, the only thing that ticked me off was the layout, it was the same layout repeated again and again. with a small text, and huge group splashes.

4/5

Update...sort of...

RQ: "ChrisG" - Just wanted to know if there's any update on Young Avengers. Have they even started and how are things coming along because there was no February solits. Any news on that?

JQ: Jim Cheung is busy drawing the New Avengers Illuminati limited series (here are some pages), and Allan Heinberg is enmeshed in all things Grey's Anatomy, so at this point there is no set timeframe for Young Avengers to return.

This is a huge disappointment seeing as how this is my favorite title. Heinberg is great and all but if there's no set comeback, I'd like to see another writer come on board.

I have no problem waiting. Hell, we already wait as it is for Ultimates and still waiting for Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk.

Agreed. I don't want to see someone come in and screw this up.

Agreed. I don't want to see someone come in and screw this up.

Yeah, true. I just hate waiting. I took hulk vs wolvie off my sub list. I just really love this story and I hate the fact that alot of my favorites are bimonthly.

Just got done reading the vol 2 hardcover today, and I have to say that this is one of my favorite series. Its easy to see that Heinberg loves these characters and that he treats them with a meticulousness not seen too often anymore. I really hope this series doesn't stay on Marvel's back burner for too long.

Just got done reading the vol 2 hardcover today, and I have to say that this is one of my favorite series. Its easy to see that Heinberg loves these characters and that he treats them with a meticulousness not seen too often anymore. I really hope this series doesn't stay on Marvel's back burner for too long.

I believe Season 2 may be mid-February. It's made up of 3 4-issue arcs, which all make up one big arc. There will also be a Young Masters of Evil.

Latest posts

Back