Your Favorite Movies of 2009

As long as we recognize limited release Award Season films as 2008 movies and not 2009.

Such as:
Che
Milk
Doubt
Gran Torino
The Wrestler
Revolutionary Road
Slumdog Millionaire

They might not have been wide-released by 2008, but they are still considered 2008 movies.

Then there's the fact that nothing decent is coming out until February 6th (Fanboys and Coraline)....

I would have preferred to wait until at least March for this, but whatever.

That doesn't count for international release though as I figured people like me would do what I do. If it comes out in uk in 2009 I count it as 2009 as there was no way legally for me to see it 2008. I do that with regular films I'll do it with any of those I see.

That doesn't count for international release though as I figured people like me would do what I do. If it comes out in uk in 2009 I count it as 2009 as there was no way legally for me to see it 2008. I do that with regular films I'll do it with any of those I see.

That's fine, I just think that generally, these are 08 award season movies. You do what you want to do.

That's fine, I just think that generally, these are 08 award season movies. You do what you want to do.

I'll admit part of why I do it is take AVP2 (ok it sucked but not the point :lol:) it came out there like 3 months before here and when I finally got to see it we were already on the next years list :lol: So I figure "hey I still want to rate this but can't be bothered looking up last years thread plus it came out this year and I saw it this year."

I know it's kinda cheating but hopefully understandable cheating.

I am probably at the moment most excited for Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince, 9, Angels & Demons, Fanboys, and Terminator Salvation.

Last edited:
Bride Wars: Bits were fun, but most of the movie just highlighted why I would never want to have a wedding. 2/5

Last edited:
The Unborn- It had a couple of "cheap scares" but pretty much failed as a horror movie. I will admit, I am not a fan of the genre, but I think I know what makes a good horror movie. Laughing at parts that try to be scary is not one of them. At first I tried to hold in my laughter, but after hearing others give in, I thought that I would to.

Grade: F (I very rarely give F's out, this movie is just really terrible)

Paul Blart: Mall Cop- It has some really good laughs, but no funny part really led into something funnier as many other better comedies do. But, the funny parts are entertaining enough to get past the January movie schedule.

Grade: C

2009 List:
1: Paul Blart: Mall Cop (C)
2: The Unborn (F)

Next Week: Either Inkheart or Underworld. Probably Inkheart because I haven't seen any of the Underworld movies.

Please, if you agree or disagree with anything in my post, add a response.

My Favourite Movies of 2009

The wrestler 4.7 / 5

Hulk Vs 4.5 / 5 (I know it's 2 films but I'm rating as one)

Slumdog millionairre, more than awesome!

I have watched it right after RocknRolla and it made me totally forget about the movie!

as a note, I am a big big big big big fan of Guy Ritchie movies, if a film can make me forget one, it's definetly a classic!

If you haven't seen Slumdog Millionairre yet, you have missed a lot!

Slumdog millionairre, more than awesome!

I have watched it right after RocknRolla and it made me totally forget about the movie!

as a note, I am a big big big big big fan of Guy Ritchie movies, if a film can make me forget one, it's definetly a classic!

If you haven't seen Slumdog Millionairre yet, you have missed a lot!

Watch Revolver, it'll make you forget how much you love his other movies.

For a while. Snatch and Lock Stock are too great to get completely erased.

Oh my God.... I haven't seen it, but Underworld: Rise of the Lycans has my favorite trailer quote. They only have one quote from a magazine review, which glowingly states, "It's the best of the three Underworld movies!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Inkheart:
It lacked any real "heart," which is weird if you consider the title. Lwft me thinking "meh."

Score: D+

Taken
It was a lot of fun and the beginning of the movie set it up to be more than just a brainless action movie. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a brainless action movie. But I have to say Taken is the best movie of the year thus far (not counting expanded releases, Frost/Nixon Slumdog).

Score: C+

1: Taken [C+]
2: Paul Blart: Mall Cop [C]
3: Inkheart [D+]
4: The Unborn [F]

Latest posts

Back