Disney Awesomitity

I live about 30 miles from it, so. . .yes. Multiple times. A year.

Disney movies are so full of innuendo and secret sex jokes that it's a little bit disturbing.
That Disney movies were full of innuendo is completely unsurprising since Uncle Walt was a rather disturbed individual himself.

Which isn't to say that I fall in the camp of "Disney movies are evil because of Walt's latent sexual desires and anti-Semitism". I actually believe that his influence wouldn't have been possible WITHOUT being burdened with deep psychological issues, nor would have the films he had a direct hand in had any kind of appeal if they were free from them... they'd just be squeaky clean pabulum with no themes to make them interesting.

But on a less academic note:

20060928.jpg

I was watching TV last night and I got to reminicing.....

Remember when ABC would have "Wonderful World of Disney" on Sunday nights? They always had some silly hour long random Disney show or cartoon? They'd come back from commercials and they'd ahve Tinkerbell fly across the screen and tap the Disney logo?

I remember this show in particular. Fluppy Dogs

I don't know what made me think of that last night.

I was watching TV last night and I got to reminicing.....

Remember when ABC would have "Wonderful World of Disney" on Sunday nights? They always had some silly hour long random Disney show or cartoon? They'd come back from commercials and they'd ahve Tinkerbell fly across the screen and tap the Disney logo?

I remember this show in particular. Fluppy Dogs

I don't know what made me think of that last night.
You're insane?

So Pirates of the Caribbean 3 opens in a few days and to be honest---I dislike the films. I find some parts to be amusing....but for the most part I am bored outta my mind when watching them.

I started watching part 2 last night at like 9pm and almost 20 minutes into the film I damn near fell asleep. That's how unentertained I am with them. Pirates put me to sleep.

But anyways......in regards to the topic of this thread---I gotta say that I still love Disney's opening company shots. You know how all PIXAR films open with that hoping lamp post...and all of Paramount films open with the stars circling around the mountain top? Well remember Disney had that blue screen and a little white spark would fall from the top of the screen and form their Disney Castle logo to the theme of "Wish Upon A Star" like this...

disney_logo1.jpg

All I'm gonna say is that I am in love with the new animation one they use now. I just really noticed it at the beginning of Pirates2.

[youtube]bkB5KDbP5Ho[/youtube]

Last edited:
it looks like and advert for disney world/land . I know it's not but still.

it looks like and advert for disney world/land . I know it's not but still.

Even if it was....I'm sold.

As stated before---I'm a huge fan of Disneyworld. I kid you not when I say I wanna live and work there. Preferably at the Hawaiian themed resort.

Last edited:
I went to DisneyWorld when I was 11 and it sucked royally. Everything was about 'good, evil...and music!' and none of the rides were any good, except for the awesome Aerosmith ride.

I can't find any enjoyment in Disney hand-drawn animation movies anymore, because no matter how cool one of their movies is, they'll always have a kid-friendly comedy character that dumbs it down by about four notches (see Tarzan, Aladdin, etc.)

Last edited:
I went to DisneyWorld when I was 11 and it sucked royally. Everything was about 'good, evil...and music!' and none of the rides were any good, except for the awesome Aerosmith ride.

I can't find any enjoyment in Disney hand-drawn animation movies anymore, because no matter how cool one of their movies is, they'll always have a kid-friendly comedy character that dumbs it down by about four notches (see Tarzan, Aladdin, etc.)
I'm more forgiving of Disney movies than most, even if I don't think they're very good, but I don't think the comedic sidekick is necessarily meant to dumb things down for the kids.

Most of the times, they exist to 'patronize' the parents by giving them some token humourus 'adult' references to historical/social/cultural things that would go over the children's heads since it's just GOT to be a family affair.

I think the 'kid-friendly' aspect you're referring to is how they always have to provide enough ADD-esque stimulation with funny faces and 'crazy' antics so that children have something to focus on while the character makes with the adult humor.

Latest posts

Back