Action Comics/Superman discussion (Spoilers!)

Re: Action Comics discussion (Spoilers!)

Is 'last son' finished yet? I heard the annual was out this wednesday - anyone read it? anyone care?

It was adequate. Story was decent and the art was quite good, but it wasn't worth waiting for so long.

Let's get this Brainiac story going now.

Did anybody else notice the glaring continuity error here? This takes place before all of the arcs that have come since the start of Last Son, in which Chris is featured prominently. But at the end of Last Son, he's sucked into the Phantom Zone and nobody can find him.

I love you, Johns, I really do. You are the anti-Bendis - you make your universe great. But in this case, you messed up bad.

Last edited:

Did anybody else notice the glaring continuity error here? This takes place before all of the arcs that have come since the start of Last Son, in which Chris is featured prominently. But at the end of Last Son, he's sucked into the Phantom Zone and nobody can find him.

I love you, Johns, I really do. You are the anti-Bendis - you make your universe great. But in this case, you messed up bad.

I also noticed this.

But it was an epic finale. I wanted a page of Batman ****ing up some Kryptonians.

I thought it was awesome. I couldn't care less about continuity. The Superman Revenge Squad owned all.

And the art was just absolutely gorgeous... Kubert really knows how to tear up a city and make it beautiful.

I had a feeling this might wrap up the whole son thing...but if it's left open with chris still alive in the phantom zone, it might get picked up on in the future.

It might be that the start of this arc happened when it started, but the other phantom zone people only come out after bizarro / legion / camelot falls etc.

I'm sure DirishB could sort it.

I didn't like the latest issue. It revealed all the various Toymans were created by the original and were robots... including that Japanese kid, Hiro. That's lame. He was a good character.

I didn't like the latest issue. It revealed all the various Toymans were created by the original and were robots... including that Japanese kid, Hiro. That's lame. He was a good character.

I like it. We only need one Toyman, and this is the best version.

Apparently the latest issue of Action is one of the greatest Superman stories EVER?!

Have to pick this up.

Apparently the latest issue of Action is one of the greatest Superman stories EVER?!

Have to pick this up.

It was pretty good. Johns is going to make Brainiac an awesome threat.

Brainiac is already 200% cooler than he has ever been and he appeared for a page.

I like it. We only need one Toyman, and this is the best version.

Agreed, for the most part. Although I don't feel like Hiro needed to just be another toy, I can accept that for the sake of streamlining the continuity.

And yes. This new Brainiac is gonna be terrifying.

I love the new redesigns that Gary Frank has made for all these characters. The Legion, Justice League of the Future, Brainiac. And this Brainiac story is going to be absolutly epic.

The timeline on this is pretty wierd. The same with toyman. The latest issue of Superman/Batman features Hiro and also mentions getting Chris aboard the JL satellite after Kryponite covers the entire planet. So I am not sure if it is Johns that has screwed this whole timeline up or if it is other writers. My guess is it is the other writers cuz Johns is so awesome.

I agree about this current arc in AC tho. Looks like it is gonna be great and Brainiac is SO much cooler than he has ever been. I am still not sold on Franks art tho. He seems to draw huge horse teeth and not only does Supes look like Chris Reeves but now he is drawing Lois to look like Margot Kidder. Meh.

I liked the guy who drew the Bizarro world arc. His style had a cool retro feel to it. His Supes looked like the Supes from the old 50's Max Fleisher cartoons.

Last edited:

The continuity is screwed up because the end of Last Son was soooooooooooooo late.

All the issues with Chris Kent take place during the Last Son arc, the timeline of which is obviously longer than originally thought.

I liked the guy who drew the Bizarro world arc. His style had a cool retro feel to it. His Supes looked like the Supes from the old 50's Max Fleisher cartoons.

It was fun for a bit, but I got really sick of it. Adam Kubert ftw. I'm also sure I'll love the new guy as soon as I pick this new issue up.

The timeline on this is pretty wierd. The same with toyman. The latest issue of Superman/Batman features Hiro and also mentions getting Chris aboard the JL satellite after Kryponite covers the entire planet. So I am not sure if it is Johns that has screwed this whole timeline up or if it is other writers. My guess is it is the other writers cuz Johns is so awesome.

I agree about this current arc in AC tho. Looks like it is gonna be great and Brainiac is SO much cooler than he has ever been. I am still not sold on Franks art tho. He seems to draw huge horse teeth and not only does Supes look like Chris Reeves but now he is drawing Lois to look like Margot Kidder. Meh.

On the record I think Frank is doing great. And I like that he made Superman look like Reeves.

So the first issue of Robinson's Superman came out... it's quite different. The beginning with Krypto was strange. Is this the first time we've seen Krypto's thoughts on things?

Atlas should be interesting enough. The Science Police or whoever are boring though.

Art is decent.

Latest posts

Back