Action Comics/Superman discussion (Spoilers!)

The New Krypton Special came out and it was great. Lots of genuinely sad moments. Lots of stuff set up. General Lane is alive and he's examining Brainiac. He is also recruiting Luthor to help stop this "Kryptonian invasion."

Also, one of the Kryptonians kills a whale.

The New Krypton Special came out and it was great. Lots of genuinely sad moments. Lots of stuff set up. General Lane is alive and he's examining Brainiac. He is also recruiting Luthor to help stop this "Kryptonian invasion."

Also, one of the Kryptonians kills a whale.

*Tilts head*

?

*Tilts head*

?

He must have been in the ocean and the whale attempted to swallow him. So he hit it. And because he's now incredibly powerful, he killed it.

Superman takes a group of Kryptonians to Metropolis to meet the President where he jokes about them needing to buy him a new plane because Supergirl crashed it or something. Then Doomsday crashes and everyone is scared.

The art was a bit poor. The characters seemed to look different every few pages. The story is still interesting though. I presume Luthor/Lane sent Doomsday to interrupt the meeting.

Did you notice the panel that was repeated, one after the other. It was when Supergirl found her long lost friend. Same freaking panel, same damn expressions. Lazy right there.

Also, when Doomsday landed, both of the security officers looked glad that he landed.

Last edited:
Doomsday fighting a bunch of Kryptonians on the moon was pretty epic.

Epic?

They handed him his ***. Then they beat him to a bloody pulp.

That is hardly epic.

The idea of a bunch of superheroes with the same abilities as Superman fighting a giant monster which was designed to simply kill on the ****ing moon seems pretty epic to me.

How is a one sided fight epic?

That's all I want too know.

In scale and action. I mean Doomsday was always portrayed as an unstoppable force and to have a group powerful enough to kick his ***. I mean if it were character we never heard of yeah it would mean much. But considering its Doomsday, it would be an epic sight

The latest Superman issue was pretty good. The Kryptonians went about capturing a bunch of Superman's villains. They even went after poor Bizarro, who was mourning Jonathan Kent's death. :(

Now all the villains are trapped in the Phantom Zone with a very surprised Mon-El.

I continue to enjoy New Krypton because of all the ideas being set up but I remain hesitant about the upcoming changes to the books involved.

The latest issue of SUPERMAN had a big fight between the Kryptonians and a bunch of superheroes. Supergirl's mother is a *****. At the end, the a group of magical heroes show up to turn the tide.

Next issue is the conclusion. I want to see what happened to Mon-El and the villains though.

Rucka's first issue on Action Comics was okay... nothing special. Nightwing and Flamebird are revealed - Nightwing is Zod's son, Christopher who was freed from the Phantom Zone by Flamebird, who is that female New Krypton security chief.

Kinda disappointing. I was hoping it would be Connor. :(

I really like Mon-El/Guardian/Steel filling in Superman's position in Metropolis.

Was there ever a ruler of Krypton?

EDIT: Oh. Nevermind. Jor-El. I thought he was just a scientist.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back