Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

I'd like to see Justin Hammer show up on the show for a couple episodes. Like an episode in the first ten episodes where Hydra breaks him out of prison to use him to work on new armmors as a counterpoint to Iron Man. And then he's not seen again until the end of the season as a tie in to Avengers - AoU.

I don't think Sam Rockwell would be opposed to the idea, showing up for a couple episodes to perhaps set up a return appearance in a future film. Heck, it would be cool to see it tied into AoU in the sense that Hydra and Hammer are played by Ultron into creating the Ultron drones, which they think they have complete control over, until Ultron hacks their code and takes them over. Wouldn't even require Ultron appearing in the show, so as not to step on the toes of the events in AoU. Could just serve as a side story to that film, in the same way the Season 1 Episodes 16-18 served as a side story to CA-TWS.

It also ties into the fact that a new Whiplash will apparently appear in episode 6.

When he's broken out by Hydra and starts working for them he can be shown to be completely out of his element and intimidated. They could even tie it into the events of the All Hail the King One Shot, perhaps.

Just an idea.

Heh, the laser grid scene was kind of funny.

Also, Talbot
is working for Hydra
?

Edit: Nevermind. Just a weird Hydra mask. Was wondering, since it would've made for a huge plot hole regarding the first couple episodes, since Creel, a Hydra agent, was sent to attack Talbot.

Last edited:
On Sunday, Chloe, Clark, and Ming-Na, and Jeph Loeb did a special Paleyfest event for the show after a special preview for the episode we'll see tonight.

There were one I guess sort of minor spoiler and another little more than that, but not major (I won't say). Either way, looking forward to tonight and Bobbi Morse's debut!!

Tonight's episode was good. Nice to see the show offering more in the way of substance and making the characters more... well, interesting.

Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird was great. Loved her reversal and reveal as a SHIELD agent sent in by Coulson, and it being revealed she was the she-devil ex-wife Hunter is always talking about was a nice turn.

Also liked the team coming back together. Simmons being back should offer some interesting dialogue between her and Fitz.

And Skye and Coulson putting all their cards on the table should lead to some interesting revelations. So the writing is likely a map? To what? A region in space? Perhaps the home planet of the Kree? Or something else entirely?

Have a feeling it's all building to the possible Inhumans film. If I had to guess, that film probably won't happen until at least 2018, so if this entire show is largely acting as a prelude to that, it's going to have to last at least 5 years to get to that point. And if it doesn't, hopefully they'll be able to tie up all the plot threads they've introduced before its cancelled.

Of course, it may have nothing to do with that at all, but I think it's likely. Especially since odds are that Avengers - Age of Ultron will introduce Wanda and Pietro as Inhumans at some point in the film, thus getting the ball rolling for an Inhumans feature film (likely after Avengers 3).

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a really good episode. Best of the season so far.

I wonder why Skye thinks the writings are a map? Did she all of a sudden remember something? I'm intrigued to know where that's all heading. It's got to be related to the Kree and Inhumans.

I really liked the smaller character moments too. I like that the new additions to the team have a history of their own and aren't just the new guys. Hunter, Mac, and Bobbi all know each other and have complex relationships. That's a cool dynamic for the show.

EDIT: I read a fan theory that thought Skye's father might be Mr. Hyde (Calvin Zabo) which would make her Daisy Johnson aka Quake.

EDIT AGAIN: I just read another fan theory that Skye's father is Maximus. That's interesting.

Last edited:
Episode #8 synopsis.

"The Things We Bury" - Coulson and team find themselves in an epic face-off against Hydra to uncover an ancient secret, while Ward kidnaps his brother, Senator Christian Ward, for a violent trip down memory lane, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," Tuesday, November 18 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons and Nick Blood as Lance Hunter.

Guest starring are B.J. Britt as Agent Antoine Triplett, Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Reed Diamond as Daniel Whitehall/Werner Reinhardt, Tim Dekay as Senator Christian Ward, Kyle MacLachlan as The Doctor, Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, Simon Kassianides as Sunil Bakshi, Lou Ferrigno Jr. as Agent Hauer, Al Coronel as Agent Rivera, Dichen Lachman as young woman, Eijiro Ozaki as prisoner, Alexander Leeb as scientist and Willem Van Der Vegt as officer.

"The Things We Bury" was written by DJ Doyle and directed by Milan Cheylov.

635457069831365258flashback.gif

Episode #8 synopsis.

Cool.

What was that picture you posted?

I like the direction they're taking Ward (at least where I presume they're headed). I liked his complete revelation as a Hydra agent. I like that he never prescribed to Hydra's position or mentality, merely that he was following Garrett, the ultimate opportunist. I like that he seemed remorseful and conciliatory, while in reality he was still a bastard. I like that he's going after his brother. Should be interesting. I just really hope that Christian isn't made out to be the true "bad guy". Would be really great to see truth to both their stories, and find the gray area in between and portray them both as varying degrees of evil.

Oh man, I was just thinking about this last month. How cool and easy that'd be to pull off.

Lots of answers this episode. Like all great sci-fi they just raised more questions though. Judging by next episode's promo we hopefully won't have to wait long. Also Peggy is back is WOO!

I wonder if the city is Attilan? Feige did say the Inhumans would appear sooner than we think. Not saying we're getting Black Bolt or any of the "top" Inhumans in the show, but just the city could turn out to be Attilan, possibly.

What if it's Atlantis? They'd be able to explore the origin of Attilan that way (maybe even adapt Atlantis Rising) and it would allow them to start Inhumans right away while still giving them an origin (since those are gone for movies now). Wakanda could work too though. I imagine we'll be seeing Black Panther in Age of Ultron and this way they wouldn't have to explain Wakanda in the film while still giving it the backstory it deserves and needs.

Last edited:
I thought of Atlantis, too, but I'm sure since Marvel doesn't have Namor, they might not be able to use it (maybe not even have a use for it either).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back