Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

What if it's Atlantis? They'd be able to explore the origin of Attilan that way (maybe even adapt Atlantis Rising) and it would allow them to start Inhumans right away while still giving them an origin (since those are gone for movies now). Wakanda could work too though. I imagine we'll be seeing Black Panther in Age of Ultron and this way they wouldn't have to explain Wakanda in the film while still giving it the backstory it deserves and needs.

Does Atlantis have Kree origins too? What is the connection between Atlantis and Attilan?

Atlantis Rising: Morgan Le Fay lufts Atlantis. FF go to help Namor. Thor and Inhumans go fight Morgan Le Fay.

No and none, but a good way to use Namor would be to have Atlantis turn into Attilan. Now he's a king with a stolen kingdom. New dynamic that could make him a good bad guy in an Inhumans film.

This last episode was one of the best so far. Loved all the flashback stuff with the other agents that were given the GH serum. And really loved the reveal that it wasn't a map but a city. I think this is the start of introducing the Inhumans and Attilan. Really looking forward to the remainder of the season.

Newsarama posted an article outlining why thy think we will see the Inhumans on Agents of SHIELD next week. It has all the reasons we've already talked about, but then it concludes with this:

Marvel Comics recently informed comic book Direct Market retailers they are shipping double the amount of copies ordered of next week's Inhuman #8 at no extra charge - a rare marketing initiative for the publisher. So why the relatively unprecedented freebies?

It could just be a long-tail attempt to boost sales, with the hope readers will eventually sample the extra copies sitting on shelves. It could be Marvel Comics responding to Marvel Studios' announcement of the 2018 movie, although expecting a sudden spike in interest four years in advance might be a tad optimistic on their part. Or it could be Marvel Comics is anticipating a more direct, more sudden increase in interest in the Inhumans.

The issue goes on sale the day after the next episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Nov. 18), the first episode after discovering the map to a mystery city connected to the Kree, which also guest-stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Carter. See where we're going with this?

For the record, the issue centers on Black Bolt, the currently deposed king of the Inhumans, and his brother Maximus the Mad.

At press time Marvel did not respond to inquiries as to why they are doubling retailer orders of Inhuman #8 for free.

That's pretty convincing.

On top of that, I had been leaning toward Skye's father being Hyde (Calvin Zabo), but as I've thought about it, I'm more leaning towards Maximus now. In the comics, Zabo isn't strong unless he turns into Hyde (of course, he also isn't connected to the inhumans). But the main thing is just what Skye's father said about wanting to reunite his family. At first I took it on face value as him wanting Skye back, but the Inhuman royal family is all about family ties. So maybe he's Maximus and he was banished years ago from Atillan and he wants to find it again and return.

Last edited:
On top of that, I had been leaning toward Skye's father being Hyde (Calvin Zabo), but as I've thought about it, I'm more leaning towards Maximus now. In the comics, Zabo isn't strong unless he turns into Hyde (of course, he also isn't connected to the inhumans). But the main thing is just what Skye's father said about wanting to reunite his family. At first I took it on face value as him wanting Skye back, but the Inhuman royal family is all about family ties. So maybe he's Maximus and he was banished years ago from Atillan and he wants to find it again and return.

I agree. I think he is also Maximus. The connection of the Inhumans to the Kree and the announcement of an Inhumans movie seems to rule out other possibilities. The question I have is, if Skye's father IS Maximus then who the heck is Skye? As far as I know Maximus has no children in the comics.

I highly doubt they'd use the Inhumans main bad guy this early. Especially if they're going for that rumored "Game of Thrones" feel (even though, knowing how big of a Fantastic Four fan he is, Martin probably based GoT on Inhumans)

I highly doubt they'd use the Inhumans main bad guy this early. Especially if they're going for that rumored "Game of Thrones" feel (even though, knowing how big of a Fantastic Four fan he is, Martin probably based GoT on Inhumans)

I actually agree with you there, and think it will happen, but not until closer to the Inhumans film release. The film is still four years away. If not in Agents of SHIELD (if it doesn't last for 5-6 seasons which would be necessary in terms of lining up with the Inhumans film release).

"…Ye Who Enter Here" – SHIELD discovers the ancient city before Hydra, but uncovering the secrets may require one of Coulson's team to make the ultimate sacrifice. Meanwhile, May and Skye race to get to Raina before Whitehall takes her, on TUESDAY, DECEMBER 2 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons and Nick Blood as Lance Hunter.

Guest starring are B.J. Britt as Triplett, Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Ruth Negga as Raina, Patton Oswalt as Sam/Billy Koenig, Reed Diamond as Daniel Whitehall, Jeffrey Corbett as Chad, and Brittnee Garza as Cashier.

"…Ye Who Enter Here" was written by Paul Zbyszewski and directed by Billy Gierhart.

Well butter me up and call me a biscuit. Getting answers a LOT sooner than I thought we would.

I didn't know T.A.H.I.T.I. was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Special Visual Effects but lost to Game of Thrones. Nor that the series was nominated for a Saturn Award.

Also that woman Doctor was holding at the end was the Asian woman that Whitehall dissected right?

Last edited:
So centuries ago "blue angels" came to earth in the east to save/conquer/end mankind. They clearly did something to some of the people since the lady (I'm guessing Skye's mom) doesn't age and Skye's dad is freakishly strong. Somewhere there is a hidden city whose key is the obelisk/diviner which kills anyone who touches it that is "not worthy" to enter the city. The city is protected because of what is in the temple inside. Did I miss anything?

So if the city is Attilan (and it really has to be), then the temple has got to be where the terrigen chambers are.
But here are my questions:

Are we going to meet any Inhumans when we eventually get to Attilan? It seems a little premature, but then if the rumors are true and Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are inhuman, then this season of Agents of SHIELD is probably building up to that more than the actual Inhumans movie. But if the city is abandoned (and I'm assuming it will be) then where are the inhumans? Are they on the moon, in hiding? Have they maybe not come together yet? Will the Inhumans movie be about Blackbolt and Medusa as regular people discovering they are inhumans and going through terrigenesis? (I hope not.)

Also, is Skye's dad an inhuman at all? I know, I was thinking he was Maximus last week, but every other probable inhuman we've seen has been Asian - Skye's mom, Raina, Skye, Scorch? So maybe Skye's dad has made himself strong by experimenting on people and himself, sort of like Whitehall/Reinhardt did with his agelessness (bringing us back to the theory that he is Calvin Zabo/Hyde). But then again, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are white, so who knows.

But then, how did Skye's mom get her agelessness? Has she gone through terrigenesis? If scorch was an inhuman, how did he get his powers? And what about Pietro and Wanda? Has Hydra found out a way to unlock inhuman powers without terrigen? Maybe using Loki's staff somehow?

All that to say, I liked the episode. I'm intrigued and excited. And I really like Skye's dad as a villain. I like the unpredictableness he adds to Whitehall's plans. And now with Ward too. I'm convinced Ward wants to help Coulson and the team - or at least Skye - even though he is not in anyway a good guy.

Latest posts

Back