Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

Speaking of Civil War, did anyone else notice Cal mention the "list" (presumably a list of super powered individuals that SHIELD and/or Hydra has). They made mention of the list a few times since the show began, I remember one specific instance when Coulson mentioned there were no known telepaths in the world according to the list.
The index. Scorch was on the index, as was one of the candidates for the Clairvoyant (the one that was a decoy for Garret).

Seriously. She is right up there with Santa in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

:lol:

The inhuman stuff was okay, but ultimately not the most interesting part of the episode. The Hydra massacre sort of felt like they wanted to just wrap that chapter up and move on, but Bakshi still being alive (not to mention Strucker) has got to lead somewhere later on. The most compelling part of the episode is what Bobbi and Mack are up to. For some reason, I don't think they are Hydra or bad, i think maybe they just don't trust Coulson with SHIELD.

Last edited:
I don't think it's so much they don't trust Coulson with S.H.I.E.L.D. (especially who put him in charge), but Houde said something that I think it's a more plausible theory that they're secretly working for Fury. Fury probably needs something that he doesn't want Coulson to know, because that's the kind of guy he is, but needs it now for whatever reason.

I don't think it's so much they don't trust Coulson with S.H.I.E.L.D. (especially who put him in charge), but Houde said something that I think it's a more plausible theory that they're secretly working for Fury. Fury probably needs something that he doesn't want Coulson to know, because that's the kind of guy he is, but needs it now for whatever reason.

Makes sense. But Mack at least seems to really struggle with Coulson's decisions and be freaked out by the Kree/Inhuman stuff.

1425457726993_zpsfyrpuusu.gif

Yesterday's episode would've been great if I didn't already know most of what was revealed, having read comics and knowing what the Inhumans are.

As a Warehouse 13 fan, loved seeing Eddie McClintock as a Kree. Shame it's probably a one-time appearance, since he got his memory wiped, plus the character (Vin-Tak) doesn't seem to be an existing Marvel character.

So what do we think Bobbi and Mack are up to? They don't seem to be villains, they're acting for the greater good (or at least think they are). My theory is they're working for either Nick Fury or Tony Stark, who would both want to keep tabs on the new S.H.I.E.L.D. And since May already was a mole for Fury, I'm gonna say it's Stark. Plus the line "Should we call in some real backup?" (or something to that effect) could refer to Iron Man.

EDIT: Clark Gregg shared this deleted scene from the episode on Facebook.

It's not really a deleted scene...

Last edited:
Yesterday's episode would've been great if I didn't already know most of what was revealed, having read comics and knowing what the Inhumans are.

True. But getting to see them interact with a live Kree was cool, even though we've already seen Ronan.

As a Warehouse 13 fan, loved seeing Eddie McClintock as a Kree. Shame it's probably a one-time appearance, since he got his memory wiped, plus the character (Vin-Tak) doesn't seem to be an existing Marvel character.

He could show back up, especially once he gets his memory back. And if it's as easy as touching himself with the Kree memory wipe thing, like was done for Sif, well, I'd wager he'll show back up and play a somewhat regular role in the ongoing Kree/Inhumans plot line the show is using.

So what do we think Bobbi and Mack are up to? They don't seem to be villains, they're acting for the greater good (or at least think they are). My theory is they're working for either Nick Fury or Tony Stark, who would both want to keep tabs on the new S.H.I.E.L.D. And since May already was a mole for Fury, I'm gonna say it's Stark. Plus the line "Should we call in some real backup?" (or something to that effect) could refer to Iron Man.

Agreed. It could be that they're working for Fury, but Fury trusts Coulson, and if he wanted something he'd likely just show up and ask for it. He seems to have that level of trust with Coulson. Stark would be a different story.

And given Bobbi and Mack possibly working for Stark, and their conversation about not being able to trust their fellow SHIELD members after the Hydra infiltration, they're obviously not evil or Hydra themselves. I'd say they're part of a rightfully paranoid faction of former loyal SHIELD members.

If I had to guess, I'd say Maria Hill (who now works for Stark Industries by the end of CA-TWS) recruited former SHIELD agents she could trust, hence Bobbi and Mack and likely others across the world. It's likely part of Tony's plan for a safer world that'll result in the Ultron program being created in AoU. I'm sure those lines of loyalty will play into the upcoming CA-Civil War and Season 3 of AoS, where some will align with Tony, and others with Cap.

Last edited:
And given Bobbi and Mack possibly working for Stark, and their conversation about not being able to trust their fellow SHIELD members after the Hydra infiltration, they're obviously not evil or Hydra themselves.

That was hammered home to the viewers in the latest ep. First the writers managed to include the actual line "We're not Hydra" into a conversation, then at the end when Mack took out Hunter, the unconscious Hunter was shown for a while just to make it clear that Mack didn't kill him.

I enjoyed the episode a lot, but those two things felt like spelling stuff out for the viewers.

Also, Sif made a deal with Coulson that she wouldn't pursue Skye, but did she just forget about Raina? One would think that both Coulson and Sif would wanna find her and Coulson wouldn't mind some help with that. That felt weird.

Last edited:
Agreed. It could be that they're working for Fury, but Fury trusts Coulson, and if he wanted something he'd likely just show up and ask for it. He seems to have that level of trust with Coulson.
That's never stopped him in the comics. He trusted a lot of people, but always "beat around the bush."

I'm not saying it couldn't be different here, but just going by Fury's character.

That was hammered home to the viewers in the latest ep. First the writers managed to include the actual line "We're not Hydra" into a conversation, then at the end when Mack took out Hunter, the unconscious Hunter was shown for a while just to make it clear that Mack didn't kill him.

I enjoyed the episode a lot, but those two things felt like spelling stuff out for the viewers.

Also, Sif made a deal with Coulson that she wouldn't pursue Skye, but did she just forget about Raina? One would think that both Coulson and Sif would wanna find her and Coulson wouldn't mind some help with that. That felt weird.

Eh. Jaime Alexander obviously doesn't have a problem guest starring on the show, so I'm sure we'll see her again and that may be covered when she returns.

You brilliant SoB.

That's never stopped him in the comics. He trusted a lot of people, but always "beat around the bush."

I'm not saying it couldn't be different here, but just going by Fury's character.

I know. And it hasn't stopped him in the MCU either, as evidenced by May being a mole for Fury in the first season. It could very well be that Bobbi and Mack are Fury-loyalists. I just think the Stark angle is more likely as it directly sets up for the conflict in Civil War, which is still a year away. I see that plot point being used throughout the rest of Season 2 a little, but getting the focus of Season 3 as a lead in to Civil War.

yeah, overall, it was a fun episode. I'm glad Hunter didn't get fooled by Mack and Bobbi and I hope we'll get to see the payoff from that soon.

I'm wondering who "backup" is too, now.

I didn't realize last episode only pulled in 3.8 million live viewers. I'd be pretty shocked if this makes it past a third season. If it does I'm betting it will be just to get it into syndication.

Get it right Wyokid, it's not my headline. :)

Get it right Ice, it's wyokid not Wyokid. :p

I didn't realize last episode only pulled in 3.8 million live viewers. I'd be pretty shocked if this makes it past a third season. If it does I'm betting it will be just to get it into syndication.

People say stuff like this all the time without realizing networks and cable stations pay a lot of attention to DVR and online streaming numbers. In fact, AoS is one of those shows that does VERY well regarding DVR and online streaming viewing. This is why Nielsen ratings don't mean a huge amount anymore.

Get it right Ice, it's wyokid not Wyokid. :p
Oh, let me write that down! *Doesn't and walks away without a care* :)

People say stuff like this all the time without realizing networks and cable stations pay a lot of attention to DVR and online streaming numbers. In fact, AoS is one of those shows that does VERY well regarding DVR and online streaming viewing. This is why Nielsen ratings don't mean a huge amount anymore.
Yeah, exactly. Which, to relate to Constantine, it was said to help save the show to keep watching online and DVR with repeated viewings because of how much more numbers and attention those get now.

Last edited:

Thought I posted about DVR. DVR still only brings in about 2-3 which still leaves them at around 5-6 for that episode. That's about as much as a show should be pulling LIVE on ABC. Although, I'd imagine it was a huge hit on Netflix.

Thought I posted about DVR. DVR still only brings in about 2-3 which still leaves them at around 5-6 for that episode. That's about as much as a show should be pulling LIVE on ABC. Although, I'd imagine it was a huge hit on Netflix.

If you factor in online streaming you can easily add in another few million.

Point is, AoS's numbers, both Nielsen and DVR/streaming, are definitely good enough to ensure a third season.

Latest posts

Back