Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

Colbie Smulders will return as Maria Hill before season's end.

[video=youtube;fzoveR6Q5b8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzoveR6Q5b8[/video]

Maybe that'll set up a possible regular guest star or full time co-starring role on AoS Season 3, something akin to the Secret Warriors idea wyo mentioned (but like Cap said, Daisy/Quake needs to be included), but on AoS itself.

Personally I'm hoping if they go through with the spin off, it's different enough from AoS to be worthwhile...

Makes sense. They've been trying to get a Mockingbird show off the ground for years.

I enjoyed this week's episode. They did a good job with Ward and Bakshi. And they made Cal sympathetic. I really felt bad for him by the end. It seems pretty clear that the Avengers tie in is just going to revolve around Strucker's experiments on Inhumans, but I'm excited about it!

I enjoyed this week's episode. They did a good job with Ward and Bakshi. And they made Cal sympathetic. I really felt bad for him by the end. It seems pretty clear that the Avengers tie in is just going to revolve around Strucker's experiments on Inhumans, but I'm excited about it!

Yup. That may leave me some leeway in the timeline of its not a direct crossover (perhaps having the AoS team go after Strucker before he's ultimately taken down by the Avengers in AoU).

Yup. That may leave me some leeway in the timeline of its not a direct crossover (perhaps having the AoS team go after Strucker before he's ultimately taken down by the Avengers in AoU).

Very slight spoilers for the beginning of AoU:
Dr. List, the Hydra operative, is present with Strucker in Sokovia at the start of the movie, so it's possible there's a pretty direct link. Perhaps something similar to Sitwell's crossover from AoS to Winter Soldier.

Last edited:
Very slight spoilers for the beginning of AoU:
Dr. List, the Hydra operative, is present with Strucker in Sokovia at the start of the movie, so it's possible there's a pretty direct link. Perhaps something similar to Sitwell's crossover from AoS to Winter Soldier.

Ah, ok, interesting. Didn't realize that. We'll know for sure in the next couple weeks (after the tie in episodes air).

Tonight's episode was pretty cool with some subtle tie-ins to Avengers AOU, but then the end happened. "Metal men tearing down our cities and the world will never be the same again!" haha.

I liked the Sonic the Hedgehog reference/joke/jab Skye made regarding Raina: "I thought her gift was spinning really fast to collect gold rings..."

Also:

Skye: "No! Ward is here--"

Ward (walking into room): "Did I hear my name?"

Skye (whispers): "He's like Candyman..."

Lol.

Also, Skye was doing some major John Wick gun-fu on those Hydra guards. Guess both the SHIELD and Inhuman training has been paying off. Was cool seeing her using her powers to restart Lincoln's heart. That was an interesting application of her powers.

Tonight's episode was pretty cool with some subtle tie-ins to Avengers AOU, but then the end happened. "Metal men tearing down our cities and the world will never be the same again!" haha.

That was pretty ham-handed.

I did like that this episode leads directly into Age of Ultron, with Coulson being the reason the Avengers are able to locate the Scepter and Strucker and List.

I liked the Sonic the Hedgehog reference/joke/jab Skye made regarding Raina: "I thought her gift was spinning really fast to collect gold rings..."

I did like that this episode leads directly into Age of Ultron, with Coulson being the reason the Avengers are able to locate the Scepter and Strucker and List.

Yeah. I will spoiler for people who haven't seen AoU yet.
I liked how it explains why the start of AoU is so 'hit the ground running', with them already having located Strucker and launching the final assault on his base.

Also, are we assuming 'Theta Protocol' means 'Avengers Assemble!"? or going on certain bits from AoU,
activating the 'mothballed' helicarrier.... or the new team from the end?

These series/films are so intertwined its getting to the point that you can't talk about one without spoiling the other...

Yeah. I will spoiler for people who haven't seen AoU yet.
I liked how it explains why the start of AoU is so 'hit the ground running', with them already having located Strucker and launching the final assault on his base.

Also, are we assuming 'Theta Protocol' means 'Avengers Assemble!"? or going on certain bits from AoU,
activating the 'mothballed' helicarrier.... or the new team from the end?

These series/films are so intertwined its getting to the point that you can't talk about one without spoiling the other...

As for Theta Protocol, I don't think it's that simple. After all, he's talking to Hill in that scene:

Maria Hill: "Theta Protocol. Is it ready?"

He replies: "Yes it is. Time to bring in the Avengers."

But... for one, the Avengers already exist (ironically thanks to his death), and are already acting as a team... so, not sure what that's about. Theta Protocol may just be a code name for the search for Loki's Scepter, and now that Coulson and his team had pinpointed down its location, they're able to send in the Avengers to take it.

Also, ironically, Raina now actually appears to be the only real clairvoyant.

Also:

Skye: "No! Ward is here--"

Ward (walking into room): "Did I hear my name?"

Skye (whispers): "He's like Candyman..."

Lol.
Yeah, those made me laugh. I also really liked seeing the original team together again. I don't like what's happened to Gemma though.

Also, Skye was doing some major John Wick gun-fu on those Hydra guards. Guess both the SHIELD and Inhuman training has been paying off. Was cool seeing her using her powers to restart Lincoln's heart. That was an interesting application of her powers.
Yeah, that action sequence was pretty sweet. My wife kept asking, "why doesn't she just use her earthquake powers?" To which I replied, "Because that was awesome!"

That was pretty ham-handed.

Yeah, I thought they did a really great job leading into the movie. I don't know why they had to add that Raina prophesy.

How come in last night's episode, Gonzales says that Coulson saved everyone from Ultron (or something along those lines) but as far as I can tell he is not in AoU? Is he just referring to finding the location of Loki's lance?

How come in last night's episode, Gonzales says that Coulson saved everyone from Ultron (or something along those lines) but as far as I can tell he is not in AoU? Is he just referring to finding the location of Loki's lance?

As we saw at the start of the episode Coulson is where the Hellicarrier came from.

Pretty sure he mentioned Fury saving everyone (though Coulson did help in that regard). He's likely referencing Coulson tipping off the Avengers as to the location of the staff (seen in last week's episode) as well as the Theta Protocol, which was them holding onto a Helicarrier after the fall of SHIELD (seen in the "one year ago" flashback of last night's episode) and Coulson giving it to Fury during the events of AoU (though that isn't seen onscreen).

As we saw at the start of the episode Coulson is where the Hellicarrier came from.

Exactly. That was the entire (and only) point of the "one year ago" flashback that occurred in last night's episode. That scene likely occurs the same day or at most a day before AoS 2x01, since it's mentioned in both that Coulson is "going to London to recruit" (though in 2x01 May actually thinks this, whereas in last night's flashback it's revealed what he was really doing at that point--setting up Theta Protocol).

I thought Gonzales said "how can I deny the man who saved the earth from Ultron". Doesn't matter the specifics really anyway. I just thought it was kind of awkward and not having seen AoU yet I figured he was in it. But sure enough, quick imdb look and no Coulson. So then I just kind of assumed it was because he helped them find the lance/mind gem and so on.

Anyone know what that thing SHIELD had in the basement that the Inhumans wanted was?

I thought Gonzales said "how can I deny the man who saved the earth from Ultron".

I suppose they meant by proxy (in terms of Coulson getting the Helicarrier to Fury).

Doesn't matter the specifics really anyway. I just thought it was kind of awkward and not having seen AoU yet I figured he was in it. But sure enough, quick imdb look and no Coulson. So then I just kind of assumed it was because he helped them find the lance/mind gem and so on.

Anyone know what that thing SHIELD had in the basement that the Inhumans wanted was?

If I recall correctly it's a Kree weapon designed to exterminate the Inhumans.

Latest posts

Back