All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder series discussion (spoilers)

ASDFG&074 SE issue number 1

What hell does that mean?

**** yeah, Franky.

His scripts are just as entertaining as the finished comics, apparently. I'd actually kind of like to read a gritty crime noir novel by him now (Sin City - The Novel, basically). It seems like that could be fun were he to approach it like he apparently does his scripts.

I realize of course most of the time his panel descriptions probably aren't so colorful, but in a perfect "for instance" world...

His scripts are just as entertaining as the finished comics, apparently. I'd actually kind of like to read a gritty crime noir novel by him now (Sin City - The Novel, basically). It seems like that could be fun were he to approach it like he apparently does his scripts.

I realize of course most of the time his panel descriptions probably aren't so colorful, but in a perfect "for instance" world...

Frank Miller is like Mickey Spillane's homo-testosterone lovechild.

Great news from the New York Times:

Due to Hilarious Printing Error, Latest Batman Comic Includes F-Words, C-Words

If you were hoping to hit a comics shop today to pick up the latest issue of Frank Miller and Jim Lee's All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder series (#10), you're in for a disappointment: Due to an unfortunate printing mistake that left all the comic book's censored profanities visible through black bars, DC Comics has ordered a recall of the entire run. Though previous issues of the series have included the same trick — bits of lettering stick out from behind the bars, giving the reader a hint of what is actually being said — the tactic backfired this time around due to some unforeseen production problem. The hilarious result? A comic book in which the c-word is dropped several times, and exclamations such as "This here arcade belongs to the ****ing Batgirl!" are completely legible. Check out the slideshow below to see for yourself.

Great news from the New York Times:

Due to Hilarious Printing Error, Latest Batman Comic Includes F-Words, C-Words

If you were hoping to hit a comics shop today to pick up the latest issue of Frank Miller and Jim Lee's All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder series (#10), you're in for a disappointment: Due to an unfortunate printing mistake that left all the comic book's censored profanities visible through black bars, DC Comics has ordered a recall of the entire run. Though previous issues of the series have included the same trick — bits of lettering stick out from behind the bars, giving the reader a hint of what is actually being said — the tactic backfired this time around due to some unforeseen production problem. The hilarious result? A comic book in which the c-word is dropped several times, and exclamations such as "This here arcade belongs to the ****ing Batgirl!" are completely legible. Check out the slideshow below to see for yourself.

I couldn't seem them on my downloaded copy. :(

Batgirl was the best part of the issue.

Frank Miller is Mickey Spillane's kidney stone.

It's true! They had to remove it by c-section.

So what you're saying is Frank Miller makes Mickey Spillane's dick hurt?

I couldn't seem them on my downloaded copy. :(

Batgirl was the best part of the issue.

How'd you download it if it wasn't released yet?

EDIT: Nevermind, just read that some of the issues got out into circulation anyway.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is Frank Miller makes Mickey Spillane's dick hurt?

How'd you download it if it wasn't released yet?
Some (if not all) stores did have them, which is why DC requested any retailers that had them to destroy the copies. But of course, not everyone will destroy them -- or at least not destroy them before they upload it first.

So...The Spirit came out and not many went to see it...whats Miller doing? #10 came out Sept 10, and #11 hasn't even shown up on solicits yet (and I looked but didn't see any mentions of its progress from NYCC). I know Miller was busy with the film most of last year, but now that its been released and press it pretty much done (though DVD material might be keeping him busy for awhile longer), anyone heard anything about this series? Has Miller or Jim Lee mentioned anything concerning this book in the past six months?

:cry:

Last edited:
So...The Spirit came out and not many went to see it...whats Miller doing? #10 came out Sept 10, and #11 hasn't even shown up on solicits yet (and I looked but didn't see any mentions of its progress from NYCC). I know Miller was busy with the film most of last year, but now that its been released and press it pretty much done (though DVD material might be keeping him busy for awhile longer), anyone heard anything about this series? Has Miller or Jim Lee mentioned anything concerning this book in the past six months?

:cry:

Rich Johnston at LitG pointed out the rumor that the All-Star Superman team is now working on a 12-issue series called Batman and Robin.

;) So, makes you wonder.

Rich Johnston at LitG pointed out the rumor that the All-Star Superman team is now working on a 12-issue series called Batman and Robin.

;) So, makes you wonder.

Please God in Heaven let this be a Batman version of Morrisson's All-Star Superman. It would be the ultimate chance for Morisson to redeem himself after all of the trippy, Bat**** insanity he has created over the last year.

Latest posts

Back