All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder series discussion (spoilers)

:sure:

I'm gonna need to see a couple of panels.

goddamnbatman.jpg

If this isn't enough to show you that Miller's batman is ****ing crazy...I have more.

"I love being Batman?":panic:

I....I just can't.... how can Miller have written two of the best Batman stories of all time when it appears he could not know less about the character?!!!

Love being Batman? HELP!!!!!

And shame on Jim Lee for going along with this.

Why all the hate? I actually enjoy this book more than most DC books, aside from All-Star Superman. Sure, it's a change from the classic Miller "Dark Knight" Batman, but why should we expect Frank to always have to write the "badass old man" Batman?

Plus, the way he wrote the Justice League was great. Wonder Woman came off as a total *****. I wanted to interject myself into one of those panels with her and just slap her in the face. (NOTE: No, I don't condone hitting women, but we're talking about Wonder Woman. I think she could take it.) I hope she does try to punch Bats' ticket and he owns her. Miller's Plastic Man was pretty dead-on, too.

I didn't care too much for the series when it started, but it's gotten a lot better and #5 was the best yet.

Why all the hate? I actually enjoy this book more than most DC books, aside from All-Star Superman. Sure, it's a change from the classic Miller "Dark Knight" Batman, but why should we expect Frank to always have to write the "badass old man" Batman?

Plus, the way he wrote the Justice League was great. Wonder Woman came off as a total *****. I wanted to interject myself into one of those panels with her and just slap her in the face. (NOTE: No, I don't condone hitting women, but we're talking about Wonder Woman. I think she could take it.) I hope she does try to punch Bats' ticket and he owns her. Miller's Plastic Man was pretty dead-on, too.

I didn't care too much for the series when it started, but it's gotten a lot better and #5 was the best yet.

I agree with you, the art was good (It should be, with all those delays...) and I dig the new Bat-personality, you should be insane if you dress as a bat to punch some bad guys.

I agree with you, the art was good (It should be, with all those delays...) and I dig the new Bat-personality, you should be insane if you dress as a bat to punch some bad guys.

Exactly. Batman should be crazy... a man with that many issues is bound to have some problems. I'd love to see an arc in this series where he ends up in Arkham and has to fight his way out against a bunch of villains who want him dead.

The latest one was my favourite..it was a lot more coherent...we didn't have random scenes of black canary or superman fifteen hours ago with a milk carton with dick grayson on the front. I love how this gotham is just sin city with superheroes.

This is now my favorite series ever. I love the Goddamn Batman (just so everyone is clear on this, the Millerverse Batman is to henceforth be called The Goddamn Batman). And with CRAZY *** WONDER WOMAN?!

Hellz Yes. This is shaping up so these characters become who they are in Batman Dark Knight Strikes Again (which isn't awful, the first two parts are on par with DKR, but the last segment should have been another three parts).

Alfred is the series' saving grace and proof to me that Frank Miller himself is not

also: What the heck is up with the Bat-Laughter? Is Miller just trying to **** with us?

I don't care, whatever it is, this series is ten times Awesome.

This is now my favorite series ever. I love the Goddamn Batman (just so everyone is clear on this, the Millerverse Batman is to henceforth be called The Goddamn Batman). And with CRAZY *** WONDER WOMAN?!

Hellz Yes. This is shaping up so these characters become who they are in Batman Dark Knight Strikes Again (which isn't awful, the first two parts are on par with DKR, but the last segment should have been another three parts).

Alfred is the series' saving grace and proof to me that Frank Miller himself is not

also: What the heck is up with the Bat-Laughter? Is Miller just trying to **** with us?

I don't care, whatever it is, this series is ten times Awesome.

I like the Bat-Laughter, It would scare anyone ten times more than a creepy guys hiding in the dark.

I meant to say:

"Alfred is the series' saving grace and proof to me that Frank Miller himself is not completely insane himself."

But I had just woken up when i posted that, so... yeah.

I meant to say:

"Alfred is the series' saving grace and proof to me that Frank Miller himself is not completely insane himself."

But I had just woken up when i posted that, so... yeah.

Him somehow knowing what Bruce's mom saw in her last moments was really weird, but I agree that that actually was a pretty cool interpretation of Alfred.

However, I mock the idea that this series is anything but absolutely insane. It's just so incredibly ****ed up that you have to laugh. Every page has hilarity.

Okay, I just reread the first issue. Not so bad. Until the end, where Batman "drafts" Dick.

Now, onto 2 where the **** really hits the fan.

Latest posts

Back