All Star Batman and Robin

Christ I can't believe I didn't start a thread about this!Yeah it looks frickin' amazing!!!!!!!!!!!The only problem is the second issue was never solicited..... :cry:

No seriously,Jim Lee and Frank Miller I mean sweet jesus what could go wrong?Also,Miller has stated,on the record,that this is his unofficial take on Batman:Year Two!

Damn straight, I'm gettin' this.

It better be good. I'm talking Dark Knight Returns good........well, it doesn't have to be that good, but it better be great.

I am really looking forward to this....

I like the idea of **** Grayson being Robin again...

Dr.Strangefate said:
I am really looking forward to this....

I like the idea of **** Grayson being Robin again...

The swear filter strikes again!!!

This comes out on my birthday. Cool.

I can't wait for All-Star Superman though. That is something I'm really, really excited about. I'm as excited about AS Superman as I am about Grand Theft America.

Really.

I'll be getting this, as this is a chance for an "Ultimate" version of my favorite all time comic character: Batman. I'm looking forward to this. Is is going to be a mini-series or a one-shot? Anyone else know if DC is planning to publish more All-Star titles (I know Bass mentioned an AS Superman)?

The All-Star stuff is not like the Ultimate line.

It is outside regular continuity, but it is not a new continuity. They are 12-issue prestige titles and no more. There will, no doubt, be follow ups and sequels, but there are all self-contained. For example, the AS Superman tells his origin in 4 panels in the first issue. It's not a re-imagining like the Ultimate line. That said, there is an All-Star Wonder Woman that is rumoured to be drawn by Adam Hughes... :drooling:

Unlike the Ultimate where we get Ultimate Green Goblin, Ultimate Hobgoblin, Ultimate Rhino and what not, we won't be getting All-Star Prankster or All-Star Two-Face. While indeed, these characters may appear, it's not a redoing of the enitre DC mythos.

Bass said:

It is outside regular continuity, but it is not a new continuity. They are 12-issue prestige titles and no more. There will, no doubt, be follow ups and sequels, but there are all self-contained. For example, the AS Superman tells his origin in 4 panels in the first issue. It's not a re-imagining like the Ultimate line. That said, there is an All-Star Wonder Woman that is rumoured to be drawn by Adam Hughes... :drooling:

Hmmm, ok. Thats interesting. What is a prestige title? Hmmm, I'm not as excited about this now. So its outside of DC continuity in terms of being like an Elseworlds tale or something? By the way, sorry to ask again but I'm still unsure, you mentioned 12 issues, does that mean a 12 issue mini, 12 separate one-shots, or three separate four-issue mini's (Batman & Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman).

DIrishB said:
Hmmm, ok. Thats interesting. What is a prestige title? Hmmm, I'm not as excited about this now. So its outside of DC continuity in terms of being like an Elseworlds tale or something? By the way, sorry to ask again but I'm still unsure, you mentioned 12 issues, does that mean a 12 issue mini, 12 separate one-shots, or three separate four-issue mini's (Batman & Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman).

The characters don't really need to be reinvented, the AS title just allow writers to tell the kind of stories they want to tell, without having to worry about some random-*** thing that happened in Detective Comics #372 or something like that.

The AS Superman title will be done by Grant Morisson and Frank Quitely. They'll be doing a 12 issue story that will begin with Supes learning that he's going to die from an overdose of solar energy. So in the first issue (i believe) he will reveal to Lois that he's Superman. Then he'll tie up his life in 12, self-contained stories. It'll feature just about every Superman character, even ones that we're gotten rid of because of Crisis on Infinite Earths, which is another thing that the AS line let's creators do. That one looks awesome too.

I will probably be picking up all of the All Star titles, and I'm looking forward to Batman & Robin if only for some Frank Miller goodness.

Patriot said:
Christ I can't believe I didn't start a thread about this!Yeah it looks frickin' amazing!!!!!!!!!!!The only problem is the second issue was never solicited..... :cry:
It's being published every 6 weeks, so issue 2 will be in september previews.

And yeah ,I'm getting them. Haven't heard that they're 12 issue limited series though. Everything I've heard pointed to them having rotating creative teams with only the industries top talent involved. This means we won't have chuck austin on till atleast 2007.

Here's what I'm guessing.....

Infinite Crisis is going to screw the major continuity up to hell, and the Batman Comics and Superman Comics are being created as a way to keep the more recognizable aspects of the characters for people who might get involved post-movies. I'm not saying they won't be good, but they make sense from a marketing aspect as well as from the fan perspective.

In all seriousness, I don't think Bruce Wayne will be Batman in regular DC continuity... If he survives, he'll take on the role of Oracle. (Barbara's coming back as Batgirl somehow, she's on the cover of Supergirl #3)... He's just put himself into a position he might not be able to get out of. At the same time, they want the Bruce Wayne batman to be kicking arse in Gotham, so they made All-Star.

I also think Lois is going to die... Rawr.

*waits for the uproar*

I would love that. That wasn't the cover for Supergirl #3 that was intertior work for one of the earlier issues. *Spoilers* It was really Clayface in disguise

thee great one said:
I would love that. That wasn't the cover for Supergirl #3 that was intertior work for one of the earlier issues. *Spoilers* It was really Clayface in disguise

Hmm... okay.

Well, still.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Here's what I'm guessing.....

Infinite Crisis is going to screw the major continuity up to hell, and the Batman Comics and Superman Comics are being created as a way to keep the more recognizable aspects of the characters for people who might get involved post-movies. I'm not saying they won't be good, but they make sense from a marketing aspect as well as from the fan perspective.

In all seriousness, I don't think Bruce Wayne will be Batman in regular DC continuity... If he survives, he'll take on the role of Oracle. (Barbara's coming back as Batgirl somehow, she's on the cover of Supergirl #3)... He's just put himself into a position he might not be able to get out of. At the same time, they want the Bruce Wayne batman to be kicking arse in Gotham, so they made All-Star.

I also think Lois is going to die... Rawr.

*waits for the uproar*
Intrestlingly enoough word is that **** Grayson, AKA Nightwing will be taking up the Bat-Mantle for the first year after IC. I even threw up a post on another board suggesting that the All-Star line was to preserve the more recognisable versions of the characters, alowing writers to take the mainline versions in the directions they've been begging to go for years now.

Goodwill said:
Are these DC's 'Ultimate' titles?

From the previous page:

Bass said:

Unlike the Ultimate where we get Ultimate Green Goblin, Ultimate Hobgoblin, Ultimate Rhino and what not, we won't be getting All-Star Prankster or All-Star Two-Face. While indeed, these characters may appear, it's not a redoing of the enitre DC mythos.

Latest posts

Back