All Star Superman to be adapted for DC Animated Movie

I loathe the artwork in this story, but it would certainly be interesting if they tried to turn that into a full-length animation. But there certainly are a bunch of stories in far more dire need of an animated adaptation than this goofy chunk of silver age experimentation.

I was trying to make a joke out of the joke.

Now you're the joke.

*BLAM!*

I loathe the artwork in this story, but it would certainly be interesting if they tried to turn that into a full-length animation. But there certainly are a bunch of stories in far more dire need of an animated adaptation than this goofy chunk of silver age experimentation.

Namely, The Dark Knight Returns.

We get it, you didn't like it. Some of us do.

We get it, you didn't like it. Some of us do.

What's your problem? People are allowed to say they love it and it should be made, but not that they hate it and they should make something else? It's a discussion thread for a reason. Make a new one just for praising it, if that's how you're gonna be. I'm not even the one who brought up the issue of other stuff deserving it more.

I think they're just going to adapt the basic storyline - Luthor tricks Superman into being exposed, Superman finds out he's dying and does lots of stuff, Luthor attacks Metropolis. I doubt it will have the art style or any of the great little touches like Superman and the girl. :(

What's your problem? People are allowed to say they love it and it should be made, but not that they hate it and they should make something else? It's a discussion thread for a reason. Make a new one just for praising it, if that's how you're gonna be. I'm not even the one who brought up the issue of other stuff deserving it more.

I'm just saying, after your posts, we understand you didn't like All-Star Superman. Some of us are excited about the idea because we enjoyed the mini.

Though, I do enjoy the irony here. I'm supposed to start a praise thread if I disagree with you, but it's completely fine for you to disagree with everyone else in the thread. Just sayin'

Last edited:
in the limited group of "never read this mini", but as long as the movie keeps me entertained thats all i need.

I know, just teasing you. Honestly, I should be more hesitant, but I'm coming off the awesomeness of Under the Red Hood.

Really? Was it good? I didn't like the story in comics, but I could see how it might translate better on film (and without Winnick writing).

Really? Was it good? I didn't like the story in comics, but I could see how it might translate better on film (and without Winnick writing).

Winnick did write it, but it might be his best work yet... It works on almost every level. I really think its on a different level of quality than anything DC Animation has put out.

Put me in the cautious camp. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse looks terrible. Under the Red Hood doesn't seem to be the sole indicator of what's to come... Probably just that the Bat-movies will continue to be better than most. I am still quite excited for Batman: Year One next fall.

Winnick did write it, but it might be his best work yet... It works on almost every level. I really think its on a different level of quality than anything DC Animation has put out.

Huh. The only thing I've really liked that Winnick put out was Exiles, and I wasn't exactly blown away. I might just check it out though.

I am still quite excited for Batman: Year One next fall.

You and me both. I feel like that's something that can be done well without exorbitant animation costs.

I maintain that Winnick has never written anything bad... I mean, you can't compare his Green Lantern stuff or his Green Arrow stuff to Loeb's Ultimates work. He's a mediocre writer who sometimes writes something damn good. I think this is one of those times.

I think they're just going to adapt the basic storyline - Luthor tricks Superman into being exposed, Superman finds out he's dying and does lots of stuff, Luthor attacks Metropolis. I doubt it will have the art style or any of the great little touches like Superman and the girl. :(

Yeah, it was those little moments that made the series. The plot wasn't really that interesting.

I hope they do Allstar Batman & Robin next.

That actually would be kind of cool, especially if they did it like a spoof of the animated Batman shows, the same way that the comic was a spoof of current Batman comics. The only problem is, there's not as much to make fun of in the animated shows.

Also, Brave and the Bold kind of already is a spoof.

I am still quite excited for Batman: Year One next fall.

Still can't understand why they're making that when they've already done Phantasm and Begins. I guess it's different enough, especially if they focus on Gordon as much as the comic did.

I really think they should avoid hiring Kevin Conroy for that one. He's not suited to that story and I never hear his voice when I read it. It'd be really awesome if they got Gary Oldman to voice Gordon in it, but they'd never do that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back