All Star Superman to be adapted for DC Animated Movie

The idea of Dwayne McDuffie changing a Grant Morrison script to be more suitable for film is downright offensive.

Well, at least he paid for the offense. (Seriously, I'm kidding)

I liked it well enough, I liked the voice work, liked the animation, kind of annoyed at all that they cut out of it. Really, was it necessary?

I haven't seen this yet(I'm tentatively looking forward to it though), but this....
Studio Ghibli should be producing it.
.... is exactly right.

Edit: I just watched this and what I somehow didn't think of before is how incredibly well the story could be adapted into the third film in a Superman trilogy, where Birthright was adapted into the first,, the second involved Bizarro being cloned from blood from the previous film's battle and a Brainiac invasion which are thwarted by the happy, non-cliffhanger ending, and the third was an adaptation of the appropriate plotlines and arcs of All-Star. Luthor would be heavily involved in all three, making his arc from All-Star(with the context of the previous two films behind it) FINALLY cementing him as one of the greatest antagonist characters in the history of film. Great Krypton, this has to happen.

Last edited:
Watching this now - I'm about halfway through. It's disappointing. The lack of Jimmy really sucks because he was great in it, but it's little things that bother me more. The voice acting is ridiculously terrible.

One thing that really stuck out for me was when Luthor was talking to the military guy while controlling the bomb guy thing at the sun. He has this great line where he talks about seeing the lines on his face and how he's getting older "and he's not" - it's super intense in the comic but it's so flat on the movie. There are a ton of lines that are similarly flat, and most of them are Luthor's. Lois is pretty bad, too.

Watching this now - I'm about halfway through. It's disappointing. The lack of Jimmy really sucks because he was great in it, but it's little things that bother me more. The voice acting is ridiculously terrible.

One thing that really stuck out for me was when Luthor was talking to the military guy while controlling the bomb guy thing at the sun. He has this great line where he talks about seeing the lines on his face and how he's getting older "and he's not" - it's super intense in the comic but it's so flat on the movie. There are a ton of lines that are similarly flat, and most of them are Luthor's. Lois is pretty bad, too.

+1

You nailed it. The Green Arrow mini episode had more heart and emotion than this.

Latest posts

Back