Am I the only person who actually likes Ultimate Iron Man?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ultimate Iron Man's orgin .... SUCKS!!!!!
I thought getting drunk made his origin make sense.

Caduceus said:
Aaand just to bring this back on topic, what is the general opinion of the UIM art?

Crap. Some of the facial expressions are terrible and look like a 6th grader drew them.

I hate Adam Kubert's art. But Andy's is alright.

Caduceus said:
...I rather enjoy these nice, generalized racial slurs, but I've never even heard anyone suggest that before. What an odd person you are.

You have no idea. I have a talent for those racial slurs and random animal sex comments. Its a gift.

Aaand just to bring this back on topic, what is the general opinion of the UIM art?

Its ok. Nothing super-impressive, but better than Kaare Andrews anyway. Though admittedly I won't say its better than Immonen's, just because his strange style is starting to grow on me. Kubert's is just...ehhh. Too plain in a way. Certainly competent and gets the job done, clearly accomplished and does a great job of moving the story along, just nothing spectacular.

UltimateE said:
Crap. Some of the facial expressions are terrible and look like a 6th grader drew them.

Wow, not only does he despise the story he's gunning for the artist now. Least your consistent. ;)

At least this art isn't as bad as the art used in the Dr. Strange arc for UMTU. That stuff sucked :sick:

DIrishB said:
Yeah, that was very...um, particular? Without being defined? I wasn't a fan of it either at all.

Sometimes I couldn't tell where the character ended and the ****ing background Began!

DIrishB said:
I wondered why Spider-Man looked like DC's the Scarecrow. The art was like a cross between Sam Keith and a pre-schooler's stick drawings on LSD.

Or an orangutang put paint in it's poop and splotched it on the page! :p

Ok, so I'm wondering. What exactly is so bad about Card's writing? I mean, if this was a completly new character, rather than one with a "established" back story, would it really be so bad? Because, I really like the story. I think its well writen, and when I started reading the Ultimate books, I was hoping for more stories like this, with a large divergance from the 616 characters, new characters, new stories, the like. Anyway, that's just my $.02

Shi_Vral said:
Ok, so I'm wondering. What exactly is so bad about Card's writing? I mean, if this was a completly new character, rather than one with a "established" back story, would it really be so bad? Because, I really like the story. I think its well writen, and when I started reading the Ultimate books, I was hoping for more stories like this, with a large divergance from the 616 characters, new characters, new stories, the like. Anyway, that's just my $.02

Its the fact that he felt the need to explain Tony's intelligence in a very not believable way. As I said if he really had brain tissue all over his body he should be something of a God-like character as opposed to just really smart and techno-savvy. Two, he totally ignored just about everything that was previously written about the character, basically poo-pooing on every other writer who wrote the character before he did. I agree about the Ultimate versions being different, but not once they've already been established in the Ultimate universe. Its a bit late to go changing things once the character has already been Ultimized. But not in Card's opinion obviously. Point is he could have gone about this a thousand other ways, without screwing up previous continuity and without the story itself being such crap. His mom was bit by a monkey? Its crap.

Latest posts

Back