I'm just glad that the quality of the plot already seems to have improved.

Nope. It hasn't.

Ive said it before and applies here, too - giving powers to regular human supporting cast in Spider-Man ruins the story. It is vital that the humans in his supporting cast stay human. It's essential to the character of Peter Parker given the theme of the struggle between a regular person and a super hero.

Giving weird powers to regular people - ESPECIALLY temporarily - is weak writing. This is terrible.

Its made even worse by making Lizard into some kind of caveman out of time.

Note to future self: Roderick Kingsley NEVER dies. It's ALWAYS some one else.

Okay, so 690 & 691. The Lizard/Morbius story is over, it was nothing special, but it was alright. I don't mind trying to give a new take on a character but the whole, "I always thought it was the lizard that was twisted, but it turns out it's always been you, Conners!" thing was dumb.

Anyway, I'm more interested to see where this new Hobgoblin story is going to go, and I'm especially excited for the 50th anniversary issue coming up. The variant covers are pretty awesome. I especially like the 70s one.

Last edited:
1960s1.jpg

Here are the variant covers for the 50th anniversary ASM #692

Each cover represents a decade 60s-00s. I think they're well done. I wouldn't mind getting a print of some of them.

Captain Canuck said:
Here are the variant covers for the 50th anniversary ASM #692

Each cover represents a decade 60s-00s. I think they're well done. I wouldn't mind getting a print of some of them.

I agree they are well done

Sent from my iPod touch using ComicBoard

So i ordered all the variants on ebay. I'm not usually a variant sucker at all, but i really like these ones. I'm going to see if I can get them framed and hang them up in my room, at least the 60s, 70s, and 00s ones.

In other news, apparently Spider-Man got a sidekick? I haven't read the issue yet, but that's pretty big news! It will completely change the dynamic of Spidey's adventures, but I feel like it could be really interesting if it's well done, and Slott has proven over and over than he gets how to write Spidey's supporting cast. I wonder how long it will last.

I like the variants. I might pick up the digital edition if it includes all of them.

Is there a better place to discuss Web of Spider-Man #129.1? Doesn't look like it.

I didn't like it. It tried to hard to be cute and the art was terrible.

Although I'd rather see Spider-Man in this type of story than off in outer space or something.

E said:
Is there a better place to discuss Web of Spider-Man #129.1? Doesn't look like it.

Although I'd rather see Spider-Man in this type of story than off in outer space or something.

I got 2 pages into part 2 and gave up. It sucks.

I have no idea what made me read part 1 all the way through,

E said:

I got 2 pages into part 2 and gave up. It sucks.

I have no idea what made me read all of part 1.

Re: #692: I hope we never see Alpha ever again. Unfortunately I'm sure we will. What a crap story.

The backup where Spider-Man talks to the kid Chris was pretty good, though. Kind of reminded me of the Miracleman story with the kid Jason.

I'm more interested in what's going on with MJ and Peter than anything else. But that's the way it should be.

Yeah - is my memory bad or did them going to dinner with Aunt May like that just kind of come up out of no where?

E said:
Yeah - is my memory bad or did them going to dinner with Aunt May like that just kind of come up out of no where?

Peter and MJ have been spending more time together ever since Spider-Island. Aunt May & JJJ Sr coming to town was out of nowhere, but I don't really think we needed a warning that they were going to visit.

E said:
I knew that but nothing even close to "couple things" like going to dinner with his family, right?

Umm, well he's referred to her as his best friend a couple of times and gone to her when he needed a sounding board, but no no dinner with the family type stuff. But then again they were together for years. She was pretty close with Aunt May and they seem to be comfortable with each other again so it didn't seem weird to me.

So the end of Alpha for now. I'm sure he'll be back some time, but not any time soon I hope.

I'm really looking forward to Hobgoblin (the original) being back!

Oh hey, guess what... Amazing Spider-Man #700 is the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700
DAN SLOTT (w) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (a)
Plus stories by JM DeMatteis & Giuseppe Camuncoli and Jen Van Meter & Stephanie Buscema
Cover by MR. GARCIN
Steve Ditko (Unused Amazing Fantasy 15 Art) Variant Cover
ASM 50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT - Marcos Martin
Martin Variant
WRAPAROUND VARIANT - Humberto Ramos
COIPEL VARIANT
QUESADA VARIANT
LAST ISSUE!
All New! 104 PGS./Rated T+ …$7.99

EDIT: Here's some more info from Newsarama and some theories about what might happen.

Also, here's a Marvel Now relaunch spoiler that might be the new Spidey title.

superior-4_3_r560.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back