Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Is that what really happened Ice? That's terrible... Then again that's what happened to Giger, the person that created the Aliens. He was an artist who designed the actual Alien and they stole it from him, really.

Yeah, and Whedon even knows it (well, of course since he wrote the lines). But he had mentioned that in Wizard sometime last year, when he was talking about something about Batman or something.

icemastertron said:
Whedon hasn't written comics before.

I'm pretty sure he has, but a while ago. I'd have to check to be sure.

icemastertron said:
But the man does know his X-Men. I mean, he wrote a script for the first X-Men movie. But what I think is harsh is that they took lines from his script, and added it to the script that was actually used, of course, giving him no credit.

I read that the "You're a dick" line was from his script. I understood that he gave them permission to use certain things from his script.

OH DAMN! I completely forgot! He HAS written comics! He wrote "FRAY". I never read that, I guess it's why I forgot about it.

But still, they should've given him some credit. I know it's just a couple of lines...but that's just me.

Well, you know there's people who think "Oh the writers wrote some great lines, like when Wolverine called Cyclops a dick." But it's not them.

I'm sorry for being like this, but I'm someone who just thinks credit should be given where it's due.

Well, you're absolutely right, but if you give credit to someone, especially in Whedon's case, there are questions pop up... For instance, if someone thought that the dialogue was bad, they could question whether or not Whedon would've done a better job and actually would hold him in a higher regard, not giving the actual writer another chance deserved, do you see what I'm saying?

Goodwill said:
Has it bee delayed before? Also, isn't there a month where there is no issue?

Adding to what Ice said...

#8 has been delayed to 2/16
#9 to 3/23
#10 to 4/20

icemastertron said:
Oh, you gotta be kidding me! :x

Where did you find this out? And do you know why they're delayed?

There is a shop owner who posts all the updates on Millarworld after speaking to a Diamond rep every Friday. Very useful.

Hmm..

Someone, (probably whoever was involved with Wing in the Danger Room last issue) did something to Cerebra. Plus, looks to me like the hicks have found themselves a good ol' fashioned Sentinel. I'm not sure though. There's a lot of things it could be but that was my first reaction

Latest posts

Back