Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Datta boy! Very cool way of interpreting all of the geek stuff in comic books... People should really take note of this sort of thing, huh?

So, were the FF and the X-Men on good terms with eachother or was there some angst amongst the two groups because of Magneto and all...?

The actual issue, LS. Ice said that the FF and the X-Men teamed up... I would assume that the X-Men teamed up with them because they are popular among the people in New York City and all. Since the X-Men are trying to become popular and better liked with the people around the world, why not team up with the FF, who are held in high regards all the time, right? Makes sense. I was wondering if the FF had any trouble swallowing the fact that they were helping the X-Men or not after all things were considered.

Let me clear this up.

The X-men went to take down a creature that was in the "FF's territory" according to Thing. That's why the FF showed up.

Goodwill said:
I'm not sure where comics can help you with math, but I'm sure you're willing to elaborate...

LS is right, absolutely.

Think algebra. Despite what people think or what anyone tells you, algebra is NOT about math. Mathmatics is just a vehicle.

Every student on Earth should be required to take algebra.

1b plus 1b = a couple of bs.

a couple of bs plus another b = loads of bs.

loads of bs = another b minus the couple of bs from the first question.

So, really, the X-Men are trying to vye for a top spot in the super hero world and are having a difficult time fitting in? Genius! :) Whedon has brought back the actual meaning of what was intended to happen in the X-Men!

Yup! And when they were watching the news, they didn't get the time one of them thought they should have. I think it was Cykes who said that that was expected.

Goodwill said:
So, really, the X-Men are trying to vye for a top spot in the super hero world and are having a difficult time fitting in? Genius! :) Whedon has brought back the actual meaning of what was intended to happen in the X-Men!

This is nothing new; that intent was announced by Scott in #1 and the idea was expanded on a couple issues later. The whole first arc revolved around that concept, really.

UltimateE said:
This is nothing new; that intent was announced by Scott in #1 and the idea was expanded on a couple issues later. The whole first arc revolved around that concept, really.

I feel like I'm showing pictures to a blind man.

No, E, I know this, but Whedon seems to be zeroing in on that particular topic more than any writer out there right now. Claremont gets consumed in the characters' backstories and Austen is writing an arc about action every time... There's some meet to Whedon, which is apparent. That's what I'm saying.

Latest posts

Back