Astonishing X-Men: Second Stage (Discussion/Spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Re: Astonishing X-Men - series discussion (spoilers)

Wizard has announced that Ellis' run on Astonishing X-Men: Second Stage (thread now renamed) will begin in July.

The cast? The same.

So that begs the question: If it's the same, who's not coming back?

Re: Astonishing X-Men - series discussion (spoilers)

Wizard has announced that Ellis' run on Astonishing X-Men: Second Stage (thread now renamed) will begin in July.

The cast? The same.

So that begs the question: If it's the same, who's not coming back?

I'm going with Kitty. I've seen everyone else in the solicits posted up to .... March i think it was with Colossus in the new defenders. And Messiah Complex is supposedly after all this and i've seen Wolverin, cyclops, emma armor and Beast who the first part of the story heavily involved. I haven't seen Kitty in anything.

Re: Astonishing X-Men: Second Stage discussion (spoilers)

The only X-Men from Whedon's run that haven't appeared in Messiah CompleX are Kitty and Lockheed. But Kitty appeared in the issues of X-Men and New X-Men leading up to Messiah CompleX. This means one of two things.

A) Kitty is dead. And for continuity they're placing the last two arcs (because one lead right into the other) of Whedon's run in the 12 hours or so between the end of New X-Men #whatever the hell the last one before Messiah CompleX was and the beginning of Messiah CompleX. Which is absolutely retarded.

- or -

B) Lockheed is dead. Which would be a ***** move by Whedon after promising us an X-Man would die. It would also mean that the other X writers are intentionally leaving Kitty out of the biggest X-Men event in years just to screw with us. Which is absolutely retarded.

So take your pick. Which absolutely retarded option do you prefer?

I didn't even know an X-Man would die.

I didn't even know an X-Man would die.
It was mentioned before and then it says so in the GSAXM #1 solicitation.

GIANT-SIZE ASTONISHING X-MEN #1
Written by JOSS WHEDON
Pencils & Wraparound Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
Too big to be contained in a normal issue, the grand finale of Joss Whedon (Buffy, Firefly) and John Cassaday's (CAPTAIN AMERICA, Planetary) landmark run is right here! The powerlords of Breakworld bring the fight to Earth. Can the X-Men stop them from destroying the whole planet? Will the Avengers join their fight? What we do know is this: one of the X-Men won't walk away from this fight. Plus spotlight interviews with Whedon and Cassaday!

Last edited:

Maybe it'll be Xavier. All the solicit says is that they won't walk. :wink:

Last edited:

Colossus will be the xavier of the defenders. DA! come to me my defenders. In Russia, nobody defends you.

So as E mentioned, this is now the thread for Ellis' & Bianchi's run. The other thread will stay for Whedon & Cassaday's issues.

So as E mentioned, this is now the thread for Ellis' & Bianchi's run. The other thread will stay for Whedon & Cassaday's issues.

Cool - thank you very much. I was going to try to do it tonight.

It appears this is the new team.

There is also some Nightcrawler sketches by Bianchi... hopefully he's on the team as well.

Dammit! You stole my joke!

It would explain this picture though.

tnsv2_cv3_solicit.jpg

VROOM-VROOM!

It appears this is the new team.

There is also some Nightcrawler sketches by Bianchi... hopefully he's on the team as well.

I can't make everyone out - who is that in the very back? I see Scott, Emma, Hank, Wolverine...and is that Kitty in the middle?

I can't make everyone out - who is that in the very back? I see Scott, Emma, Hank, Wolverine...and is that Kitty in the middle?

Here's a better size:

astxmposter.jpg

It's Hisaku in the middle. Although I hope Storm isn't on the team...

Cool - thanks.

Seeing that makes me want to reread the Shining Knight mini.

Cool - thanks.

Seeing that makes me want to reread the Shining Knight mini.

Whatever you do, don't read Loeb's Wolverine arc that he drew. It's like Ultimate Iron Man but with Logan.

Latest posts

Back