Batman and Robin (Morrison/various) discussion

Re: Batman and Robin (Morrison/Quitely) discussion

This comic is so good. I'm sad that Philip Tan is doing the next arc. :(

I think Morrison's plots are often hit or miss but his characters are always brilliant. I loved every character in this.

Sexy
Disco
Hot.

So, Morrison has compared B&R to David Lynch a number of times now. For the most part I don't see it, but did the Professor Pyg moment remind anyone else of Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet?

Last edited:

I think Morrison's plots are often hit or miss but his characters are always brilliant. I loved every character in this.

The character moments are the best thing about 'Batman: Reborn'. Everything else is just weirdo Grant Morrison stuff that I don't care about at all (and that includes Pyg and his evil plot). The plots might as well just be Batman and Robin hitting random colourful criminals, because that's about all of the impact it has on me. The same goes for Batwoman. I have no interest in 'Alice' or what she's up to, but I could read about Kate talking to the Colonel or Maggie Sawyer, all day.

There are just so many truly masterful character moments that make up for it, though. My favourite moment in issue 3 has to be "...did...did you just save my life?" Awesome. Not to mention the dozens of moments in issue 2.

I hope Philip Tan doesn't make the book dark, sleek and gritty. It deserves to be macabre, but colourful, as Quitely has been doing.

Last edited:

Now Cameron Stewart is saying that he isn't replacing Frazier Irving - Irving is doing the arc after Stewart. That means if this series is only 12 issues long, we are probably not getting another Quitely arc. :(

Last edited:

Now Cameron Stewart is saying that he isn't replacing Frazier Irving - Irving is doing the arc after Stewart. That means if this series is only 12 issues long, we are probably not getting another Quitely arc. :(

Might Quitely be working on the rumored Morrison post-B&R Bat-project?

Last edited:

Might Quitely be working on the rumored Morrison post-B&R Bat-project?

I presume so. Probably an issue of that Multiversity project as well hopefully.

I presume so. Probably an issue of that Multiversity project as well hopefully.

Maybe the latter would feel too much like All-Star Superman.... but I'd really like to see Quitely work on Captain Marvel or Kamandi for Multiversity.

Last edited:

I don't believe it was ever said this series would only be 12 issues long. It's an ongoing title.

Bruce Wayne is returning in Summer 2010 in two events: 'The Search for Bruce Wayne' and 'The Return of Batman'. By that time, Batman and Robin will have been published for a year.

Makes sense to end it at that time.

I don't believe it was ever said this series would only be 12 issues long. It's an ongoing title.

He has, actually, in a few different places, but I don't have them off hand. He said his run on B&R is going to be comprised of four three-issue arcs, and it will comprise part four of his five part Batman story. It's possible B&R will stick around after that, but I wouldn't hold out hope.

Bruce Wayne is returning in Summer 2010 in two events: 'The Search for Bruce Wayne' and 'The Return of Batman'. By that time, Batman and Robin will have been published for a year.

Makes sense to end it at that time.

Curious. Where did you hear that?

Latest posts

Back