Batman Begins (Movie spoilers)

Re: Batman Begins (Movie spoilers).

Not only that, but he was also hysterical, which would be good for Bruce Wayne.

Yeah that's true. like when he was dancing :lol:

but like i said before i hated batman begins but love it now. My only beef is with the bat-tank but i won't go there again

Last edited:

Yeah. The opinion on it is split, but the people who liked it really liked it and they always tell me how its so amazing.

Funny part is, I had never seen Superman 1 until a few hours before I went to see Superman Returns. The original was such a better movie. I have yet to see Superman 2 (Although I own it).

Donner's Superman is alright. I hated his version of Luthor, though. It's so damn campy! The real estate scheme is so moronic. What's worse is Luthor did the same, damn thing in Returns.

I disagree. I think Lex's plan in Donner's Superman I is wodnerful. And I loved how it was all about land in Returns.

Yeah that's true. like when he was dancing :lol:

For those of you who know not of what he speaks.

SSJmole said:
but like i said before i hated batman begins but love it now. My only beef is with the bat-tank but i won't go there again

Oh, the Bat-Tank. What a retarded chase scene that was.

Last edited:

For those of you who know not of what he speaks.

Oh, the Bat-Tank. What a retarded chase scene that was.

Yes that is exactly the scene I was on about. after it "I don't dance" :lol: one of funniest moments on angel. Not as funny as puppet angel or angel and spike arguing about who would win in a fight astronauts or cave men but still great.

yes it was retarded for so many reasons

I disagree. I think Lex's plan in Donner's Superman I is wodnerful. And I loved how it was all about land in Returns.

It wasn't that bad in Superman I. It fit the times.

But I completely and utterly disagree about Returns. That was just. . .bad writing. It was done already! For a sequel, it felt an awful lot like a remake.

"I do not have puppet cancer!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really need to sit down and finish watching Angel one day. I own it all (Along with Buffy, but I've gotten through with that), but never got past Season 2.

Last edited:

It wasn't that bad in Superman I. It fit the times.

But I completely and utterly disagree about Returns. That was just. . .bad writing. It was done already! For a sequel, it felt an awful lot like a remake.

Yeah - see, I liked that.

So I watched "Batman Begins" over the weekend and am now sitting in my office watching the special features.

And something has just dawned on me----I don't like Bale as Batman. At all. I mean yeah there's some tiny aspects that Bale gives that works....but overall....he's just not right for the part. He's got the "intense eyes thru the mask" part.....but everything else is just wrong.

His voice in costume is nothing more than a gutteral growl. That's not scary. It's called food poisoning. It sounds as if he's always hugged over the toilet vomitting whatever it is he just ate. It just doesn't have that intimidating factor Batman has in the comics and cartoons.

And he's all wrong for Bruce Wayne. Bruce is supposed to be a playboy-businessman. This is merely Bale trying to be aloof and suave. And it doesn't work because he's too brooding.

Batman Begins is a great film......but Bale has just brought it down a notch for me.

I liked Bale as Batman (except the voice got annoying) and he was pretty good as Bruce Wayne. I prefer him to the other 3 Batmen we've had.

So I watched "Batman Begins" over the weekend and am now sitting in my office watching the special features.

And something has just dawned on me----I don't like Bale as Batman. At all. I mean yeah there's some tiny aspects that Bale gives that works....but overall....he's just not right for the part. He's got the "intense eyes thru the mask" part.....but everything else is just wrong.

His voice in costume is nothing more than a gutteral growl. That's not scary. It's called food poisoning. It sounds as if he's always hugged over the toilet vomitting whatever it is he just ate. It just doesn't have that intimidating factor Batman has in the comics and cartoons.

And he's all wrong for Bruce Wayne. Bruce is supposed to be a playboy-businessman. This is merely Bale trying to be aloof and suave. And it doesn't work because he's too brooding.

Batman Begins is a great film......but Bale has just brought it down a notch for me.

I thought he was the best Batman. I liked the growl. As for Wayne, I'll agree there. He's alright, but Kilmer did it better.

I agree with this.

I didn't care much for his Batman, but it wasn't enough to really bother me. I did like his Bruce Wayne. I didn't read it as trying to be 'aloof and suave' as you did, though.

I interpreted his performance as that of being the perpetually bored and directionless yuppie who goes on a 'soul-searching' hoo ha. He's basically a really self-absorbed, selfish and solipsistic, a navel-gazing twit moaning and whining inwardly about his loss and what the city has come to.

This is why actually like the Rachel Dawes character. She pretty much *****-slaps Bruce Wayne by reminding him what a total prick he is, and by the time he returns from his Life-Changing Soul-Searching Journey, he becomes the Bruce Wayne I like --- the seemingly perpetually bored fella, a character Bale has experience playing in films like American Psycho.

If he was going to be playboy businessman Wayne the movie would be thirty minutes longer, but then again, maybe Bale will get the opportunity to show that side of the character in The Dark Knight.

That said, being a 'playboy businessman', but that wasn't really as important as portraying him as a guy who pretends to look brainlessly flippant as he bathes in the fountain of a hotel he just bought.

In fact, he plays almost the same character he does from American Psycho, except his outlet isn't delusions of homicidal glee, but wearing a perv-suit and striking fear into the hearts of the superstitious and cowardly.

My two big problems (I thought the film was fine, but boring) was Bale's Batman voice (which I felt was stupid as hell and so obviously faked it wouldn't scare anyone) and Katie Holmes.

My two big problems (I thought the film was fine, but boring) was Bale's Batman voice (which I felt was stupid as hell and so obviously faked it wouldn't scare anyone)
YES.

Bass said:
and Katie Holmes.
I have no idea why people rag on Katie Holmes so much. She's just a patently uninteresting actress with absolutely no remarkable acting qualities, which is not the same as being downright awful.

The oddest thing about her is how many interesting films she's actually in --- even if she is never a reason why a film is good or bad in the first place --- such as The Singing Detective, Wonder Boys, Thank You For Smoking and Phone Booth.

In fact, I'd pretty much be willing to look up any film Katie Holmes will be in, and will see it if it sounds interesting enough, even if she is not WHY I'll want to see it.

That said, Mad Money does look terrible.

I had no problem with Katie Holmes in BB. I don't know why they cast some one as girlish as her in favour of someone extremely dynamic, but she was fine.

Can't stand Maggie Gylenhaal though, especially looks-wise. Blech.

Latest posts

Back